Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-25-09, 11:29 AM   #13
Yaboze

Default Re: Bastard 360!

I bought a Xbox 360 in May 2007, it died over a year later in July 2008. What sucks is, I wasn't hardcore on it, maybe 1-2 days a week. It died while playing the Grid Demo.

Before my 360 died with a RROD, it was scratching disks. When I sent it in for repair, I got the same unit back. I have no idea what they did to fix it. However, I did notice the DVD drive was replaced as well. The plastic molding on the tray has a 2008 date, which is after I originally bought it.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 11:30 AM   #14
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk View Post
I'll have a look into that Revs, first of all however I'm going to remove the heatsink and clean it up then reapply the buggers and do a bit of general fault finding and see if I can't fix it myself rather than wait weeks for the useless sods to repair it.
You're going to void your warranty if you open it. I'd still just try to repair it myself; I've fixed my rrod_boxes by doing the x-clamp fix(only temporarily though).
Old 05-25-09, 11:33 AM   #15
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
You're going to void your warranty if you open it. I'd still just try to repair it myself; I've fixed my rrod_boxes by doing the x-clamp fix(only temporarily though).
It's already out of the Microsoft warranty, however if Revs is correct and it is backed up by a 6 year warranty by UK law then opening the console will not invalidate this.

Quote:
In law, suppliers are still liable for any breach of contract - for example, if the goods are not fit for their purpose, or of satisfactory quality - for a period of up to six years (five years from the date the problem arises, in Scotland).
Old 05-25-09, 11:35 AM   #16
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
I bought a Xbox 360 in May 2007, it died over a year later in July 2008. What sucks is, I wasn't hardcore on it, maybe 1-2 days a week. It died while playing the Grid Demo.

Before my 360 died with a RROD, it was scratching disks. When I sent it in for repair, I got the same unit back. I have no idea what they did to fix it. However, I did notice the DVD drive was replaced as well. The plastic molding on the tray has a 2008 date, which is after I originally bought it.
How often you play the console should be irelevent, I remember when I got my N64. We spent hours and hours nonstop on it and never had any problems. Same again with World of Warcraft, you could spend days playing that and your system would never have any problems again. It's the build quality from Microsoft and penny pinching that is causing these errors.

Edit: Just come off the phone to Microsoft and they are sending me some labels and arranging the console to be collected for repair, hopefully they will fix the damn disc tray whilst they are at it.
Old 05-25-09, 12:40 PM   #17
fizzelopeguss

"things break" -Peter moore faggot.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 12:48 PM   #18
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
"things break" -Peter moore faggot.
Old 05-25-09, 02:26 PM   #19
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk View Post
It's already out of the Microsoft warranty, however if Revs is correct and it is backed up by a 6 year warranty by UK law then opening the console will not invalidate this.
Well, if you had opened it you could have easily caused the damage and as such would be the one held accountable. We have the exact same law here in Finland, but if you go fiddling around with the hardware yourself it won't cover you anymore.
Old 05-26-09, 10:38 AM   #20
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Not even a week ago my friends Xbox RROD as well. We took it apart but didn't have the hardware to properly fix it yet. So we just heated it up and I pushed the GPU heatsink down with the back of a screwdriver. Then we took a CPU cooler and threw it on top as weight. He was able to play Forzna on it for a while.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote