Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-20-09, 03:54 PM   #13
Zhivago
*BANNED*

Default Re: A quick jump start on VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
Lol, thank you!

Question is, how is that done via client-side JS? I dont think it can be.

I'm quite certain that there are front-page extensions that can do this though, and I know we use it on some pages. Haven't used FrontPage in a while, but I distinctly remember something about being able to write directly to a file. I think that would be the best route.
I am not that experienced in web development (you probably know more than me about Javascript), so I can't really comment on the feasibility via Javascript, but it would be rather trivial just using a GUI application for both the client and server. Really any reasonable language could do this. Some ones you might look into are Java, C#, C, C++, VB...

I mean, I may be missing something here but wasn't the whole point of this thread to give you advice on picking up VB for writing these programs?
Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 09:31 PM   #14
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: A quick jump start on VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago
I mean, I may be missing something here but wasn't the whole point of this thread to give you advice on picking up VB for writing these programs?
In a matter of speaking yes, if writing vb were the only option.... I may yet have to end up doing something in InfoPath and publishing it as a ASP, not using a database but form submissions going into an excel file. Thats kind of what were doing right now using this crappy form program called quask.

Usually, I wont try to learn something unless I have a need to apply it to something. I think learning VB would be useful in the future though, if I only had something to make with it lol.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote