Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-26-09, 02:54 PM   #1
ghost_zero5

Default Unredirect fullscreen windows (Compiz) - Player-Controls - Short background "flash"

Hi,

I am not sure if there is anything to be done about this (actually I believe no because it probably lies in the nature of that option or it would have to be changed in Compiz but I am not sure) but I am using 180.44 and when I activate unredirect fullscreen windows in Compiz (I think for fullscreen games it would be better to have that option active but I haven't done much testing regarding this). whenever I am watching a video fullscreen and make the controls appear (e.g. moving the mouse) the desktop background is displayed for a really short time (but noticeable) before the video is displayed again and the controls are visible.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 03:14 PM   #2
abc.mikey

Default Re: Unredirect fullscreen windows (Compiz) - Player-Controls - Short background "flas

I have the same problem on Smplayer and Movie Player in linux and have found that it happens even if every effect is turned off in compiz. I'd love ot know what the solution is.
abc.mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 07:42 PM   #3
ledoc

Default Re: Unredirect fullscreen windows (Compiz) - Player-Controls - Short background "flas

I saw that flicker, too, with a pic viewer in fullscreen whenever something would be displayed via osd (/libosd).
ledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 07:27 AM   #4
Lemmiwinks

while turning undirect fullscreen windows off fixes the problem, it induces another one, syncing to vblank for fullscreen ogl apps does not work for me anymore, which is pretty annoying too.
I hope there will be a fix for compiz soon, or for whichever component that causes this behavior..
Lemmiwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 10:17 AM   #5
abc.mikey

Yes this worked!

If you want to do this you may need to install compiz settings manager then open it and go into general options and select undirect fullscreen windows.
abc.mikey is offline   Reply With Quote