Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-17-11, 03:23 PM   #109
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

I am really enjoying the SP. The game looks so much better on the PC than 360. Story is great, graphics are great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 04:35 PM   #110
Burnt_Ram

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I am really enjoying the SP. The game looks so much better on the PC than 360. Story is great, graphics are great...
finally someone besides myself that like the graphics. i think they look good, and look how i would expect, dirty, faded, gritty. i like this game

oh and there's be a 40 something mb patch released too. helped perfornace alot on my comp no need for the command line switch now ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 04:38 PM   #111
CaptnStubing

The command line really did help tho.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 04:45 PM   #112
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
finally someone besides myself that like the graphics. i think they look good, and look how i would expect, dirty, faded, gritty. i like this game

oh and there's be a 40 something mb patch released too. helped perfornace alot on my comp no need for the command line switch now ...
hell yea, I think it looks amazing on the PC. I disabled Ambient occlusion and frame smoothing. running 1680x1050, maxed out with 2x AA, getting 80-120 fps.

This was clearly designed for PC and hacked for consoles with the menus and the options. In fact this is the first U3 engine game I even tolerated for more than a few minutes. I think this game looks amazing.

Quote:
Old 03-17-11, 05:04 PM   #113
RollinThundr

Snagged this after work today. Steam's still installing, funny that a retail copy requires files from Steam. Never did understand the whole "steam is so awesome" thing but I digress. If nothing else its something new to play since I'm pretty over COD on the whole, you can only make the same game so many times before it gets really old, (especially when they remove your favorite game mode, WaR and it never comes back 2 versions later)
RollinThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 05:17 PM   #114
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I wish reviews would paint a fairer picture, if the PC version is without a doubt the one to have, be nice if they could mention that and give reasons why rather than just slating the visuals.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 05:19 PM   #115
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
I wish reviews would paint a fairer picture, if the PC version is without a doubt the one to have, be nice if they could mention that and give reasons why rather than just slating the visuals.
No one cares about the PC anymore, reviewers, casual gamers... all mindless console n00bs now. So when something comes along for the PC better than the rest if they can't pop a disk into their precious console they aren't interested in looking at it.

They knew this game was supporting DX11 you'd think someone would have looked at the PC version.

...and even if PC is the one to have, telling that to the 6 million 360 users would just be a moot point anyways...

Quote:
Old 03-17-11, 05:31 PM   #116
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
No one cares about the PC anymore, reviewers, casual gamers... all mindless console n00bs now. So when something comes along for the PC better than the rest if they can't pop a disk into their precious console they aren't interested in looking at it.

They knew this game was supporting DX11 you'd think someone would have looked at the PC version.

...and even if PC is the one to have, telling that to the 6 million 360 users would just be a moot point anyways...
Read the PC Gamer review but they didn't go into much detail about the graphics or settings, a lousy one page write up.

Was a time when all of that was covered in detail seeing as it was the main reason to go down the PC route.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-11, 05:34 PM   #117
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Read the PC Gamer review but they didn't go into much detail about the graphics or settings, a lousy one page write up.

Was a time when all of that was covered in detail seeing as it was the main reason to go down the PC route.
...its almost like they'd all prefer we just get consoles.

Quote:
Old 03-17-11, 05:34 PM   #118
|MaguS|

Quote:

They are catering to their audience. You can cry and complain about console gamers all you want but they are the majority now.
Old 03-17-11, 05:36 PM   #119
|MaguS|

Quote:

I never read one review that has even talked about the settings... they might mention how good the game looks or runs at the highest settings but they never talked about the individual settings.
Old 03-17-11, 06:56 PM   #120
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
They are catering to their audience. You can cry and complain about console gamers all you want but they are the majority now.
Maybe but this time we got the best version... na na nanana na

Quote: