Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-11, 07:47 AM   #37
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

only thing im not happy about sofar is the map count, 7 maps for PC and 7+1 exclusive for xbox 360. MOH only has 8 maps and thats a big part of what is killing the game ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 08:54 AM   #38
Blade
It's just a ride....
 
Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Your Sisters Bed
Posts: 903
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Kaos promised the earth on Frontlines & failed to deliver, why should this be any different?
__________________
____________________________
Sigs Are For Heros!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 11:46 AM   #39
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Kaos promised the earth on Frontlines & failed to deliver, why should this be any different?
agreed, although Frontlines is pretty decent after it was patched up, to bad it took so long and the community already moved on. but ya, i hope they learned their lesson!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 11:58 AM   #40
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

cause they also made one of the most successful mods of all time, DC for 1942. It seems theyre providing all the tools and features PC gamers bitch and moan about never getting anymore so time to put your money where your mouth is
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-11, 12:21 PM   #41
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
cause they also made one of the most successful mods of all time, DC for 1942. It seems theyre providing all the tools and features PC gamers bitch and moan about never getting anymore so time to put your money where your mouth is
yep, it sounds like it will have everything we want! i cant think of anything else ... but can they deliver
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 11:39 AM   #42
GullyFoyle
Registered User
 
GullyFoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 197
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
agreed, although Frontlines is pretty decent after it was patched up, to bad it took so long and the community already moved on. but ya, i hope they learned their lesson!
I bought Frontlines but just sat it on the shelf for a year, due to all the bad rep it was getting. They kept putting out new patches for it, including free new maps. When I finally installed it, I had no issues and I played it and loved it!
I played almost daily for a few months, as long as I could find a populated server. I tried recruiting a bunch of my Battlefield 2 buddies, but I couldn't revive the game on my own...

One thing I love about the guys behind this is they always have new concepts.
DC for 1942 was overall awesome. I credit them for BF2's command system, and probably the commo-rose. Frontlines had the Frontlines mechanic, and the drones. I also loved how they handled "ranking up". You pick a specialization, and play it for a while and it takes at most an hour to unlock all the options, as long as you stick with the same specialization. If you switch specializations and you have to restart from zero, but it doen't take that long to earn the better gadgets again.

Homefront's Battlepoints is a new twist on this, which should be interesting to see.
I'm looking forward to it.

Next to BF3, this is my most anticipated title. This series comes closest to challenging Battlefields balance of easy to pick up "arcade" gameplay vs. tactical realism, with combined arms.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 12:48 PM   #43
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
I bought Frontlines but just sat it on the shelf for a year, due to all the bad rep it was getting. They kept putting out new patches for it, including free new maps. When I finally installed it, I had no issues and I played it and loved it!
I played almost daily for a few months, as long as I could find a populated server. I tried recruiting a bunch of my Battlefield 2 buddies, but I couldn't revive the game on my own...

One thing I love about the guys behind this is they always have new concepts.
DC for 1942 was overall awesome. I credit them for BF2's command system, and probably the commo-rose. Frontlines had the Frontlines mechanic, and the drones. I also loved how they handled "ranking up". You pick a specialization, and play it for a while and it takes at most an hour to unlock all the options, as long as you stick with the same specialization. If you switch specializations and you have to restart from zero, but it doen't take that long to earn the better gadgets again.

Homefront's Battlepoints is a new twist on this, which should be interesting to see.
I'm looking forward to it.

Next to BF3, this is my most anticipated title. This series comes closest to challenging Battlefields balance of easy to pick up "arcade" gameplay vs. tactical realism, with combined arms.
i agree with everything you said, but im not sure about this whole "battle points" thing?
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 02:45 PM   #44
GullyFoyle
Registered User
 
GullyFoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 197
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i agree with everything you said, but im not sure about this whole "battle points" thing?
Watch some of the Homefront multiplayer videos like this (~2:35), or this.
Battle Points are points you earn as you play Homefront, for everything you do like killing the enemy, spotting the enemy, capping a control point, you get Battle Points. Then you spend these Battle Points you have earned on things like drones, or air strikes. Also, you use Battle Points to purchase a tank, or chopper. Vehicles no longer spawn somewhere on the map on their own, you save for it, buy it, then spawn in it.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-11, 03:06 PM   #45
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

kinda like bf 2142, you earned squad points during your stay in the server for doing things with your squad. you could use these to unlock weapons and items termporarily while you stayed in the server
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 03:18 PM   #46
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
Watch some of the Homefront multiplayer videos like this (~2:35), or this.
Battle Points are points you earn as you play Homefront, for everything you do like killing the enemy, spotting the enemy, capping a control point, you get Battle Points. Then you spend these Battle Points you have earned on things like drones, or air strikes. Also, you use Battle Points to purchase a tank, or chopper. Vehicles no longer spawn somewhere on the map on their own, you save for it, buy it, then spawn in it.
do the points carry over to the next round/map like XP in cod?
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 06:34 PM   #47
GullyFoyle
Registered User
 
GullyFoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 197
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
do the points carry over to the next round/map like XP in cod?
I'll get back to you in March...
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 04:01 AM   #48
Blade
It's just a ride....
 
Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Your Sisters Bed
Posts: 903
Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

I was a tester for the 1st Frontlines, the potential was superb then, but they must have ran out of cash on the last project (same as most small devs) when they simply released the game in the exact beta format i was testing.

Patches were too late & the community died, still even with it having been patched it was very clunky.

Sure these guys did some great things back in the day with DC but they let themselve's down badly with FFOW1.

I want this to be good but the cynic within doubt's them after the last time.
__________________
____________________________
Sigs Are For Heros!
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.