Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-11, 07:53 AM   #73
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
hm, I hadnt even thought about the single player for this game. Always assumed it was multiplayer focused, which it is, and sp just a bonus. I think I'll be getting it once it goes on sale
newegg has it for $44 today. nm looks like it's already sold out.

You can get a legit Steam key here for $36.99.
http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/H...NED-IMAGE.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 07:56 AM   #74
|MaguS|

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

How do you know they are legit?
Old 03-15-11, 10:47 AM   #75
mojoman0

Direct2drive still has every game 20% off
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 11:00 AM   #76
Burnt_Ram

not much feedback? personally im really enjoying it now that i have it running better. it's much better game than Blops, and MW2! kinda of a cross between MW2 and BC2 ... sofar so good, still havent tried SP though.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 12:21 PM   #77
Roliath

http://www.justin.tv/JaiEazy

watch the language though, been watching the stream of mp. doesn't look that great to me.
also: if anyone follows youtube commentators, its a stream of a bunch of blops guys playing but again I stress watch for their langauge.
Old 03-15-11, 12:28 PM   #78
Logical

Looks like crap tbh...old looking, so last gen. The developer support for the PC platform is very nice...but that doesn't make it a good game. The multiplayer is a long long way off being on par with BLOPS or even MW2. The anti CoD fan club are always quick to shout **** like "this is soo much better than any CoD"...geta clue or gtfo tbh...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 12:35 PM   #79
Roliath

not even blops or mw2, it looks much older
Old 03-15-11, 12:43 PM   #80
Logical

I would sooner play CoD2 than entertain this...Lazy Lazy devs with a crappy crappy engine.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-11, 01:11 PM   #81
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12

I was one of the few to buy the retail copy. You should see what it does. It installs 55% off of the dvd and the rest it downloads from steam. The full install is 9gb and the disk installs 5gb although there is 6 or 7 1gb compressed files on the disk. what's up with that? Even the manual hints at being connected the whole time you are installing unless that's for steam itself. Someone want to chime in on this as I could have saved myself the time buying the disk if that's what I am expecting from future steam games.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,acer gv215hv 21.5 inch 1080p lcd monitor, zalman eclipse 8200dpi mouse,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 01:20 PM   #82
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

The games plays great. The engine is a bit old but if you set your video settings at very high all textures and models are high res and they have quite a lot of detail. They still include the Pixel shaders and HDR supported by DX 9+. So it's pretty much an older engine on steroids

Game play is great though and SP story is awesome, way better than Black Ops IMHO
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 01:49 PM   #83
CaptnStubing

Oh geeze more snob gamers crying about a game. Don't play it if you don't like the way it looks. We want feedback on the multiplayer not your snivling little comments dat teh grafux don't WTFAPPSAUCEPWN my EYEZ.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 01:59 PM   #84
mojoman0

from what ive seen on justin.tv, it looks pretty damn fun
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote