Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-11, 02:02 PM   #85
Burnt_Ram

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

wow, i can't believe all the haters? its pretty good imo, and we're all entitled to our opinion. and also imo its better than blops and MW2, and graphics are totally on par with those titles.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 02:03 PM   #86
Burnt_Ram

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
from what ive seen on justin.tv, it looks pretty damn fun
it is.
Old 03-15-11, 03:58 PM   #87
Kaguya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
wow, i can't believe all the haters? its pretty good imo, and we're all entitled to our opinion. and also imo its better than blops and MW2, and graphics are totally on par with those titles.
What did you change in the settings to make MP more playable? I found when I played last night that leaving everything on Very High caused a bit of slowdown in places... I was going to drop the AA down, but thought maybe you found a magic setting somewhere?
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 04:43 PM   #88
mojoman0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
I was one of the few to buy the retail copy. You should see what it does. It installs 55% off of the dvd and the rest it downloads from steam. The full install is 9gb and the disk installs 5gb although there is 6 or 7 1gb compressed files on the disk. what's up with that? Even the manual hints at being connected the whole time you are installing unless that's for steam itself. Someone want to chime in on this as I could have saved myself the time buying the disk if that's what I am expecting from future steam games.
i think thats for leak protection
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 04:44 PM   #89
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12

Quote:
i think thats for leak protection
makes sense now, thanks.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790k 4.0 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, logitech g502 mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 05:28 PM   #90
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
What did you change in the settings to make MP more playable? I found when I played last night that leaving everything on Very High caused a bit of slowdown in places... I was going to drop the AA down, but thought maybe you found a magic setting somewhere?
all i did was make sure the BaseEngine.ini file matched the ingame settings and switched to 267.46 beta. everything is on very high except frame smoothing is off, whatever frame smoothing is? it seems to be good for 10 mins or so then performance drops off! mem leak maybe, i dunno, i just hope they fix it soon.
Old 03-16-11, 02:03 PM   #91
mojoman0

this guy is beast. lowest graphics settings
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 02:08 PM   #92
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

I played few hours last night on MP, and is ok, as long as you get used to the fact that one bullet kills you. Death rate is much larger than on any other MP FPS I've ever played. It forces you to strategies, rather than running headless into a fight and getting a bullet in the head as you cross over the street
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-11, 03:10 PM   #93
Roliath

Quote:

this guy is beast. lowest graphics settings
that was really good gameplay, made it look a lot more interesting than what I saw on justin.tv. I do like the map he was on.
Old 03-16-11, 03:21 PM   #94
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
How do you know they are legit?
EDITED BY DD. You can't advertise websites that pirate games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 03:43 PM   #95
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

As mentioned before. Those keys can he revoked. Valve did it with Orange Box keys purchased from those sites. They basically buy them cheap from Asian countries and resell. Not too much to worry about unless they ban your Steam account too.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 03:54 PM   #96
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
As mentioned before. Those keys can he revoked. Valve did it with Orange Box keys purchased from those sites. They basically buy them cheap from Asian countries and resell. Not too much to worry about unless they ban your Steam account too.
These aren't "those" keys. There are other sites that have to activate the key for you due to region restrictions.

No one has had a problem with these in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote