Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-11, 04:24 PM   #97
|MaguS|

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

After reading that the SP is under 6 hours of gameplay I might wait... I don't play many FPS in MP.
Old 03-16-11, 08:09 PM   #98
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: Homefront Announced (Kaos Studios new tittle) for PC, PS3 and RRoD_Box

I thought this "might" have been a highly polished awesome game, but it looks to be a turd. Nevermind.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 10:25 PM   #99
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Well I wouldn't call it a turd , but whatever...
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 01:01 AM   #100
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
These aren't "those" keys. There are other sites that have to activate the key for you due to region restrictions.

No one has had a problem with these in US
It is one of those sites. They buy the keys overseas and sell them, they send a scan image or just a copy and paste. You'll probably be fine, but if Steam ever checks, they keys are traceable (certain regions get certain keys) if you buy outside your region Valve will lock your account unless you have a valid reason. Happened to someone I know. He talked his way out as he was living 6 months in the UK, when he in fact used the site you posted.

Actually I was wrong they buy and return retail games after copying the key.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4223#r24574223
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 08:41 AM   #101
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well I wouldn't call it a turd , but whatever...
It isn't what I would call a aaa title either. This is a pass for me, I was burned by Frontlines. Kaos is only gonna get me once. Maybe if it was $20.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 09:37 AM   #102
DiscipleDOC

Guys, please don't make me have to close the thread. Please leave all talks of pirating games somewhere else.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 10:18 AM   #103
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It is one of those sites. They buy the keys overseas and sell them, they send a scan image or just a copy and paste. You'll probably be fine, but if Steam ever checks, they keys are traceable (certain regions get certain keys) if you buy outside your region Valve will lock your account unless you have a valid reason. Happened to someone I know. He talked his way out as he was living 6 months in the UK, when he in fact used the site you posted.

Actually I was wrong they buy and return retail games after copying the key.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...4223#r24574223
The shops shouldn't be taking back opened games, that is soooo annoying. They should get fined or something.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 10:25 AM   #104
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Guys, please don't make me have to close the thread. Please leave all talks of pirating games somewhere else.
No one is talking about piracy... go back and read through it.

We are talking about buying keys from sites like G2play and CJS-Keys. Nothing on their site says they are illegal keys or "bought and returned" from Walmart. Do you think they'd still be around if they were??

There are websites that will sell you a key outside of your region but they activate it for you which I find shady. I've bought keys from G2play and CJS-keys without a problem. I don't find a post on Steam forums from some nobody claiming they are buying and returning a game to Walmart credible. Have you ever tried to return an opened game? Good luck, you can't. I'd call BS on that idiot. And from my experience with my local Walmart they don't even have new games for 2-3 weeks after release (I was at mine today and they told me they won't have homefront for PC for another week) - let alone 2000 copies???? That dude is just stupid. oh and could you imagine the guys from CJS coming in with 2000 retail copies of a game to return??? "we changed our minds..." Lmao. Dont believe everything you read on the internet cause 90% is bs.

Nowhere was anyone talking about flat out pirating a game.

I bought a key for Homefront yesterday. Got the scan of the game jewel case with key, activated it on Steam without a problem and have been playing without an issue. In fact if you do run into a problem, they will refund you 100% of the cost. They have had problems where the keys they bought were banned (got duped by a supplier), but they replaced them or refunded 100%.

Oh and BurtonJ from Valve is a scumbag, I've had run ins with that fool. I got locked out of Stalker SOC the day it came out cause they didn't tell you there were limited activations. In fact they thought it was funny (he said something to the effect of "we have your $50 we don't care") their site didn't mention it cause alot of people were complaining about buying the game and later finding out you only had 5 non-revokable activations. He told me too bad and don't bother telling people in the forums there was an activation limit or he'd ban me from the forums too. So of course he wouldn't want people buying keys from anyone but Steam... so they can rip you off, laugh at you when your activations run out, then ban you if you let other buyers know this is how they treat their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-11, 10:58 AM   #105
|MaguS|

Valve wouldn't have any control in the activation limitation of games, that would be the publisher/DRM maker. So they couldn't revoke them anyway. As for him making suck comment, I really doubt it.
Old 03-17-11, 11:38 AM   #106
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Valve wouldn't have any control in the activation limitation of games, that would be the publisher/DRM maker. So they couldn't revoke them anyway. As for him making suck comment, I really doubt it.
No, but they also waited to post that there were limits. They knew they weren't telling people this. A few weeks later they added it to the Steam page that there were DRM activation limits. Them knowingly hiding that fact and taking your $50 is what I had a problem with. Shady activities on Valves part. BurtonJ seemed to think this was amusing so I lost all respect for him over that. I've had a few other things happen similar to this though with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 12:14 PM   #107
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
It isn't what I would call a aaa title either. This is a pass for me, I was burned by Frontlines. Kaos is only gonna get me once. Maybe if it was $20.
It is nothing like Frontlines, which was a horrible game. I got taken on that one as well. This is a very fun game but is nothing new. If you get it you will have fun if you don't you won't be missing anything.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 01:42 PM   #108
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
It is nothing like Frontlines, which was a horrible game. I got taken on that one as well. This is a very fun game but is nothing new. If you get it you will have fun if you don't you won't be missing anything.
i agree it's nothing like Frontlines. it's more like a cross between Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. and now that it runs smooth i'm personally really liking it!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote