Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-09, 08:56 AM   #37
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

More lies from "Levat".

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/989/989158p1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
??? that's the worst reason to buy a game ever.
If you have principles, yes it is
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:08 AM   #38
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
What lies?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
If you have principles, yes it is
The way I see it, is that a game is a game is a game. If it's a good game, I'll get it no matter who publishes it.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:28 AM   #39
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
What lies?

The way I see it, is that a game is a game is a game. If it's a good game, I'll get it no matter who publishes it.
Well, DX10 was a lie! No Crysis for consoles was a lie! I mean, he's a big liar!

Quote:
"We don't need to dumb down the game; the technology provides all the horsepower we need to make a kick-ass 360 game, a kick-ass PS3 game, and push the PC gaming forward still," Yerli said.
And this is BS!
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:33 AM   #40
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Well, DX10 was a lie! No Crysis for consoles was a lie! I mean, he's a big liar!



And this is BS!
Why is that BS? The engine can be scaled down to work on consoles and still have all the same capabilities to take advantage of the PC enviroment. Look at Quake 3 engine back in the day... it looked great on the consoles when it was ported over yet on the PC it was top of its game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:54 AM   #41
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Why is that BS? The engine can be scaled down to work on consoles and still have all the same capabilities to take advantage of the PC enviroment. Look at Quake 3 engine back in the day... it looked great on the consoles when it was ported over yet on the PC it was top of its game.
Lets talk a little bit about multi-platform gameplay scalability What do you think about that?
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 10:16 AM   #42
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Lets talk a little bit about multi-platform gameplay scalability What do you think about that?
Totally possible. I blame the designers for forcing the dumb down on the games for a wider audience, not the specific platform. There have been many games on both sides that offered tons of depth. I mean System Shock 2 was in development for the Dreamcast... Deus Ex was released on the PS2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 10:25 AM   #43
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎
 
Noriega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 波兰
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Totally possible. I blame the designers for forcing the dumb down on the games for a wider audience, not the specific platform. There have been many games on both sides that offered tons of depth. I mean System Shock 2 was in development for the Dreamcast... Deus Ex was released on the PS2.
Magnus come on! all console makers are talking about casual gamers.
__________________
Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 10:36 AM   #44
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Magnus come on! all console makers are talking about casual gamers.
Again... because of the wider audience... that doesn't mean complex and deep games cannot be made for consoles. Try to actually think for once before posting. The hardcore market is saturated, there is no more money to make there. They are trying to grab new people who don't normally game.

Infamous offers more depth then GTA in comparison to how the player can play the game. You are just sterotyping because thats what you can only see (you ignore everything else always), if I took your point of view I could say that PC gamers only care for shallow games that look good (crysis whores) and games that should sell well don't (Zeno Clash).

Console makers don't control the software that is released, its up to the developers. If anything Sony and MS have shown support for the hardcore action demanding players. Just because the Console Manufacturers are trying to attract new people doesn't mean the software has to or is following that trend. I mean COD4 is one of the best selling games ever and I wouldn't call it casual...
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-09, 11:16 AM   #45
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Again... because of the wider audience... that doesn't mean complex and deep games cannot be made for consoles. Try to actually think for once before posting. The hardcore market is saturated, there is no more money to make there. They are trying to grab new people who don't normally game.

Infamous offers more depth then GTA in comparison to how the player can play the game. You are just sterotyping because thats what you can only see (you ignore everything else always), if I took your point of view I could say that PC gamers only care for shallow games that look good (crysis whores) and games that should sell well don't (Zeno Clash).

Console makers don't control the software that is released, its up to the developers. If anything Sony and MS have shown support for the hardcore action demanding players. Just because the Console Manufacturers are trying to attract new people doesn't mean the software has to or is following that trend. I mean COD4 is one of the best selling games ever and I wouldn't call it casual...
Give me an example of complex open world FPS on consoles?
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:32 AM   #46
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

halo!, man it was so complex you had to aim and move at the same time, dude you know because targets where moving
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:40 AM   #47
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎
 
Noriega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 波兰
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
halo!, man it was so complex you had to aim and move at the same time, dude you know because targets where moving
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA that's a great summary!

NEKRO have ya heard that? forza Motorsport 3 will have one button driving
__________________
Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:50 AM   #48
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Give me an example of complex open world FPS on consoles?
Operation Flashpoint was on the original Xbox, but because there aren't many of that specific genre doesn't mean it cannot be made. Give me an open world platformer on the PC? Welp I guess the PC can't do those... Give me a deep 3d fighting game on the PC? Welp guess the PC can't do those either...

Don't be an idiot. The platforms does not restrict the type of game. Again I gave you examples of older consoles having some of the deepest games to be released on the PC (Deus Ex and System Shock 2) without being "dumbed down" so its possible.

Yeah Nekro, I forgot how deep and complex Doom was in DOS! Dam and HL1 really had way too many controls to be playable... glad they dumb down the second one.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 07:20 AM
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Back on Steam mojoman0 Crysis 2 06-13-12 12:37 AM
(Kotaku) Once Crysis 3 is Done, Crytek will be Working on Nothing but Free-to-Play Ga News Archived News Items 0 06-10-12 06:50 AM
Crysis 3 E3 trailer features Psycho, Prophet, slow-mo nano bow News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 07:00 AM
Now Available - Crysis 2 Maximum Edition News Archived News Items 0 05-29-12 05:30 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.