Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-09, 01:30 PM   #49
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎
 
Noriega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 波兰
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Operation Flashpoint was on the original Xbox, but because there aren't many of that specific genre doesn't mean it cannot be made. Give me an open world platformer on the PC? Welp I guess the PC can't do those... Give me a deep 3d fighting game on the PC? Welp guess the PC can't do those either...

Don't be an idiot. The platforms does not restrict the type of game. Again I gave you examples of older consoles having some of the deepest games to be released on the PC (Deus Ex and System Shock 2) without being "dumbed down" so its possible.

Yeah Nekro, I forgot how deep and complex Doom was in DOS! Dam and HL1 really had way too many controls to be playable... glad they dumb down the second one.
Yeah man fighting 3d games are deep you know what I mean deep in deeper than ocean yeah you know what I;m talkin ok? Fightings are deep man.
__________________
Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:34 PM   #50
MaxFX
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 580
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

I really HATE to much mumbo jumbo complex shi. and I am a Pc Gamer or am I ?
IMO it doesnt matter, I dont have the time or lust to play what I think complexed crap.

have never ever liked say to much of a racing sim, I want it simple and fun as e.x Colin Mcrae/ Dirt or Gotham Racing. same goes for others to and I wouldent dream of to have Bioshock any more complex, and you can all see. the devs do understand that most people have lives and dont want to read a frikiking book before start playing the damn game. It should be easy to pick up and play and the game can have depth anyway. get over it and stop bitching about consoles as it's not their fault. People play for having a great time and not to read a fuc. novell before you can start the game!

Over and out!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:45 PM   #51
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Operation Flashpoint was on the original Xbox, but because there aren't many of that specific genre doesn't mean it cannot be made. Give me an open world platformer on the PC? Welp I guess the PC can't do those... Give me a deep 3d fighting game on the PC? Welp guess the PC can't do those either...

Don't be an idiot. The platforms does not restrict the type of game. Again I gave you examples of older consoles having some of the deepest games to be released on the PC (Deus Ex and System Shock 2) without being "dumbed down" so its possible.

Yeah Nekro, I forgot how deep and complex Doom was in DOS! Dam and HL1 really had way too many controls to be playable... glad they dumb down the second one.
Grow up man!
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:59 PM   #52
sl0ppy_sec0nds
Cloaked engaged
 
sl0ppy_sec0nds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fullerton, California U.S.A
Posts: 300
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Whatever. As long as they make Crysis 2 as good or better than the first, I'll be happy.
__________________
[EBAY FEEDBACK]

Intel Core i7 940 @3.6GHz OC|ASUS Rampage II Extreme|CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB|2x WD Caviar SE16 RAID0|GeForce GTX 480|
sl0ppy_sec0nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:11 PM   #53
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Yeah man fighting 3d games are deep you know what I mean deep in deeper than ocean yeah you know what I;m talkin ok? Fightings are deep man.
Actually games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter are pretty deep. You need to know the mechanics really well to beat someone who is skilled at it. Just memerizing the moves isn't enough.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:19 PM   #54
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎
 
Noriega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 波兰
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Actually games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter are pretty deep. You need to know the mechanics really well to beat someone who is skilled at it. Just memerizing the moves isn't enough.
We've got other definitions of "deep" : )
__________________
Noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:31 PM   #55
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Magus is completely right, the hardware itself on console is not a barrier to deep gameplay... the problem is developers and publishers are aiming at a more and more mainstream audience, it has nothing to do with consoles (other than the fact they sell better).
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:47 PM   #56
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Give me an example of complex open world FPS on consoles?
gta 4? Hell I have never seen any LINEAR game produce as much detail on its city streets as this game does, and it does it for all of 4 city islands. The traffic and pedestrian ai? the many many secondary systems (subways, planes, medic squads that respond to accidents, police which can be summoned for several reasons) it maintains, no other game does that.
__________________
_________________________________________________
Mobo: EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i sli, CPU: C2D Quad 6600, Video: EVGA GTX 460 1gb SC, Sound: X-fi gaming, Windows 7, Antec P180b,Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF, Antec TruPower TP3-650, 4 Gigs RAM
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-09, 03:29 PM   #57
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I mean COD4 is one of the best selling games ever and I wouldn't call it casual...
It was pretty casual for me.

NOT casual would be games like Oblivion/Fallout 3, braid, Mass Effect and TF2.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 03:34 PM   #58
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 780
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Honestly I don't care that its on consoles as long as its not designed for the 360/PS3 and then ported over to PC. That would piss me off to no end. All this sh*t ports lately not even worth playing.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 03:54 PM   #59
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Ancient76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 651
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Magus is completely right, the hardware itself on console is not a barrier to deep gameplay... the problem is developers and publishers are aiming at a more and more mainstream audience, it has nothing to do with consoles (other than the fact they sell better).
Try to play Stalker, Far Cry, first Fear, or even Crysis with gamepad.

Quote:
It was pretty casual for me.

NOT casual would be games like Oblivion/Fallout 3, braid, Mass Effect and TF2.
Casual games too.

But let's talk about open world FPS games. Good (complex) AI for me is the first thing in such games.
__________________
Skyrim: Realistic Overhaul - http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5400
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S.C.O.P.: Realistic mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat - http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...3928&sec_id=19
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 04:03 PM   #60
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
I really HATE to much mumbo jumbo complex shi. and I am a Pc Gamer or am I ?
IMO it doesnt matter, I dont have the time or lust to play what I think complexed crap.
I never would have guessed. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 08:20 AM
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Back on Steam mojoman0 Crysis 2 06-13-12 01:37 AM
(Kotaku) Once Crysis 3 is Done, Crytek will be Working on Nothing but Free-to-Play Ga News Archived News Items 0 06-10-12 07:50 AM
Crysis 3 E3 trailer features Psycho, Prophet, slow-mo nano bow News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 08:00 AM
Now Available - Crysis 2 Maximum Edition News Archived News Items 0 05-29-12 06:30 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.