Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-02-09, 01:30 PM   #49
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Operation Flashpoint was on the original Xbox, but because there aren't many of that specific genre doesn't mean it cannot be made. Give me an open world platformer on the PC? Welp I guess the PC can't do those... Give me a deep 3d fighting game on the PC? Welp guess the PC can't do those either...

Don't be an idiot. The platforms does not restrict the type of game. Again I gave you examples of older consoles having some of the deepest games to be released on the PC (Deus Ex and System Shock 2) without being "dumbed down" so its possible.

Yeah Nekro, I forgot how deep and complex Doom was in DOS! Dam and HL1 really had way too many controls to be playable... glad they dumb down the second one.
Yeah man fighting 3d games are deep you know what I mean deep in deeper than ocean yeah you know what I;m talkin ok? Fightings are deep man.
Old 06-02-09, 01:34 PM   #50
MaxFX
*BANNED*

I really HATE to much mumbo jumbo complex shi. and I am a Pc Gamer or am I ?
IMO it doesnt matter, I dont have the time or lust to play what I think complexed crap.

have never ever liked say to much of a racing sim, I want it simple and fun as e.x Colin Mcrae/ Dirt or Gotham Racing. same goes for others to and I wouldent dream of to have Bioshock any more complex, and you can all see. the devs do understand that most people have lives and dont want to read a frikiking book before start playing the damn game. It should be easy to pick up and play and the game can have depth anyway. get over it and stop bitching about consoles as it's not their fault. People play for having a great time and not to read a fuc. novell before you can start the game!

Over and out!
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:45 PM   #51
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Operation Flashpoint was on the original Xbox, but because there aren't many of that specific genre doesn't mean it cannot be made. Give me an open world platformer on the PC? Welp I guess the PC can't do those... Give me a deep 3d fighting game on the PC? Welp guess the PC can't do those either...

Don't be an idiot. The platforms does not restrict the type of game. Again I gave you examples of older consoles having some of the deepest games to be released on the PC (Deus Ex and System Shock 2) without being "dumbed down" so its possible.

Yeah Nekro, I forgot how deep and complex Doom was in DOS! Dam and HL1 really had way too many controls to be playable... glad they dumb down the second one.
Grow up man!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:59 PM   #52
sl0ppy_sec0nds
Cloaked engaged

Whatever. As long as they make Crysis 2 as good or better than the first, I'll be happy.

Intel Core i7 940 @3.6GHz OC|ASUS Rampage II Extreme|CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB|2x WD Caviar SE16 RAID0|GeForce GTX 480|
sl0ppy_sec0nds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:11 PM   #53
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
Yeah man fighting 3d games are deep you know what I mean deep in deeper than ocean yeah you know what I;m talkin ok? Fightings are deep man.
Actually games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter are pretty deep. You need to know the mechanics really well to beat someone who is skilled at it. Just memerizing the moves isn't enough.
Old 06-02-09, 02:19 PM   #54
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Actually games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter are pretty deep. You need to know the mechanics really well to beat someone who is skilled at it. Just memerizing the moves isn't enough.
We've got other definitions of "deep" : )
Old 06-02-09, 02:31 PM   #55
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Magus is completely right, the hardware itself on console is not a barrier to deep gameplay... the problem is developers and publishers are aiming at a more and more mainstream audience, it has nothing to do with consoles (other than the fact they sell better).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:47 PM   #56
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Give me an example of complex open world FPS on consoles?
gta 4? Hell I have never seen any LINEAR game produce as much detail on its city streets as this game does, and it does it for all of 4 city islands. The traffic and pedestrian ai? the many many secondary systems (subways, planes, medic squads that respond to accidents, police which can be summoned for several reasons) it maintains, no other game does that.

Old 06-02-09, 03:29 PM   #57
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
I mean COD4 is one of the best selling games ever and I wouldn't call it casual...
It was pretty casual for me.

NOT casual would be games like Oblivion/Fallout 3, braid, Mass Effect and TF2.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 03:34 PM   #58
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Honestly I don't care that its on consoles as long as its not designed for the 360/PS3 and then ported over to PC. That would piss me off to no end. All this sh*t ports lately not even worth playing.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 03:54 PM   #59
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Magus is completely right, the hardware itself on console is not a barrier to deep gameplay... the problem is developers and publishers are aiming at a more and more mainstream audience, it has nothing to do with consoles (other than the fact they sell better).
Try to play Stalker, Far Cry, first Fear, or even Crysis with gamepad.

Quote:
It was pretty casual for me.

NOT casual would be games like Oblivion/Fallout 3, braid, Mass Effect and TF2.
Casual games too.

But let's talk about open world FPS games. Good (complex) AI for me is the first thing in such games.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 04:03 PM   #60
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
I really HATE to much mumbo jumbo complex shi. and I am a Pc Gamer or am I ?
IMO it doesnt matter, I dont have the time or lust to play what I think complexed crap.
I never would have guessed. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote