Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-02-09, 03:06 PM   #61
TheANIMAL

Default Re: Crysis 2 goes multiplatform

To put a stop to the confusion, if you play a game through in its entirity (this doesn't count for open ended games with out proper endings) and you have used ALL of the controlls and buttons you can use at least once; then there aren't enough controls and the game isn't deep.

There have to be so many controls and options that you will never use them all, otherwise the game aint deep.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:45 PM   #62
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheANIMAL View Post
To put a stop to the confusion, if you play a game through in its entirity (this doesn't count for open ended games with out proper endings) and you have used ALL of the controlls and buttons you can use at least once; then there aren't enough controls and the game isn't deep.

There have to be so many controls and options that you will never use them all, otherwise the game aint deep.
Tekken 3?
Old 06-02-09, 05:46 PM   #63
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I never would have guessed. ::
Well if I want I can allready go read a book, you know people have moved on since textbased dos games

And then most ppl aint geeks likes us, they have other hobbies and dont live and die if a game is so or its like that. bitching about it wont help a bit, insteed go make you own game if you dont like it
MaxFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 06:37 PM   #64
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Try to play Stalker, Far Cry, first Fear, or even Crysis with gamepad.
No reason it can't be done, the same as Halo and all other console shooters... Crysis even has gamepad options in the game, and FEAR was ported. FYI.

Just because YOU can't use dual analog sticks for shooters doesn't mean they don't work. You're just not used to them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 06:38 PM   #65
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Isn't this a Crysis related thread and you guys are all arguing about game depth? Crysis was already playable with a controller (I rarely play it with a keyboard and mouse anymore) so you don't have to be afraid of it getting consolized. The game is still going to be the best looking game on the PC and the console versions will look great(not high-end PC great but still good).

And lol at Crainger's comment.
Old 06-02-09, 07:11 PM   #66
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
No reason it can't be done, the same as Halo and all other console shooters... Crysis even has gamepad options in the game, and FEAR was ported. FYI.

Just because YOU can't use dual analog sticks for shooters doesn't mean they don't work. You're just not used to them.
that is just a lame excuse, gamepad analog sticks will never be as accurate as keyboard and mouse, when ever i seen anyone playing shooters on console they always look like a clumsy oat.
Old 06-02-09, 08:01 PM   #67
agentkay

FPS are best with KB+M, just like racing games are best with a good steering wheel, and flight sims are best with a flight stick/HOTAS. Yes you can play all those with a gamepad as well but immersion and fun factor can be lower by a good amount. It's not rocket science, really.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:27 PM   #68
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
that is just a lame excuse, gamepad analog sticks will never be as accurate as keyboard and mouse, when ever i seen anyone playing shooters on console they always look like a clumsy oat.

Guy on gamepad getting top 3 on COD4 on the PC...

As for K&M being more immersive... um how so? What difference in immersion does having my hands on a keyboard and a mouse give over having a gamepad in my hands? Neither force me to look away from the screen...

As for fun... depends on the game really... if the game is designed around a certain control scheme the enjoyablity of it isn't changed. I mean Killzone wasn't any less fun because it was using a controller... neither were Gran Turismo...

Old 06-02-09, 08:30 PM   #69
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
As for K&M being more immersive... um how so? What difference in immersion does having my hands on a keyboard and a mouse give over having a gamepad in my hands? Neither force me to look away from the screen...
If people want to make the immersion argument, then they should all own Wiis because you can swing the remote like a sword, shoot it like an actual gun, throw darts, use it like a hockey stick, etc.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:33 PM   #70
blizzle

Yeah dual analog "works" for shooters but imo it feels like slow poop. I've played a few games with them and got used to the controls but I'm really just spoiled by the mouse and keyboard. Maybe I would play shooters with dual analog if I didn't know any better, but I do so I can't enjoy the slow aiming and turning of a gamepad.
Old 06-02-09, 08:43 PM   #71
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzle View Post
Yeah dual analog "works" for shooters but imo it feels like slow poop. I've played a few games with them and got used to the controls but I'm really just spoiled by the mouse and keyboard. Maybe I would play shooters with dual analog if I didn't know any better, but I do so I can't enjoy the slow aiming and turning of a gamepad.
Turn up the sensitivity of the sticks then...
Old 06-02-09, 08:56 PM   #72
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

As for fun... depends on the game really... if the game is designed around a certain control scheme the enjoyablity of it isn't changed. I mean Killzone wasn't any less fun because it was using a controller... neither were Gran Turismo...
It's more immersive because it feels more natural (to me), I played FPS with KB+M since Wolfenstein back in 88, its just what feels natural and most immersive to me.

Playing a racing game with a steering wheel beats any other controller type. Again its what natural to me, it maxes out the immersion, experience, gameplay of that type of game and I want to add that it helps that RL cars have steering wheels as inputs and not gamepads.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote