Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-14-09, 01:20 AM   #97
Rakeesh

Default Re: Windows 7 and Microsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
LydianKnight

I wouldn't bother, they're just trolling now and it's rather pointless educating them. You may as well be throwing darts at a inflatable dart board. In the end they're the ones that look stupid, saturnotaku making first class comments worthy of the stupid awards 2009..

It won't be long before they'll be needing their driver disks for Windows 7 anyway.
Trolling? Sorry but you are the one coming in here with claims about microsoft doing this and that and in the end all your argument comes down to is speculation and no substance at all. If anything, the only person trolling here is you.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 07:12 AM   #98
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
They're trolling, but YOU come into a windows thread and start the "Linux is better than Windows" thread? riiiight.
You should go and take your literacy lessons again, I never said such a thing and you shouldn't quote something that was never said.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 07:18 AM   #99
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK View Post
Trolling? Sorry but you are the one coming in here with claims about microsoft doing this and that and in the end all your argument comes down to is speculation and no substance at all. If anything, the only person trolling here is you.
The thread starter uses Linux and was saying how he's impressed with Windows 7, so it's a mixed debate. I explained why WIndows 7 shouldn't and doesn't change anything.

Yes it is speculation, it took you till now to get that? Read things properly next time.
Old 06-14-09, 09:41 AM   #100
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
The thread starter uses Linux and was saying how he's impressed with Windows 7, so it's a mixed debate. I explained why WIndows 7 shouldn't and doesn't change anything.

Yes it is speculation, it took you till now to get that? Read things properly next time.
I don't believe you ever explained why Windows 7 doesn't change anything, you just spewed about how great Linux waas most of you do. You sounded more like a pissed off school girl because the other girls walked off and took their dolls with them. I find Linux users to be very bitter people with the mis-guided arrogance of a mac user.

On another note, Nvidia released a Macintosh compatible GTX 285 (http://www.evga.com/articles/00479/). Wtf was the point of that? Quake3?? UT 2004? CUDA maybe? LOL putting a GTX 285 into a mac is an insult to Nvidia why waste the time? If it doesnt say Mac on it, have a gay little half eaten mac logo and cost $2000 no mac user would buy it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 10:28 AM   #101
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
You should go and take your literacy lessons again, I never said such a thing and you shouldn't quote something that was never said.
Maybe you didn't say exactly that, but most people with more than 5 functioning brain cells, ie not you, can do something called "reading between the lines." Observe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W
To me on a desktop point of view, it doesn't offer anything more KDE4.2/4.3 does. I'm not a gamer now days, I like to get more constructive stuff done and I can do that with Linux. Windows 7 offers me nothing than what I already have.
Oh, and this is amusing, a little forum puke calling Google whiners and "inexperienced."

Quote:
Well they were the ones who picked GTK+. This is just inexperience kicking in here and I've never seen OpenSource developers saying such things.

It's like saying 'I've just built a house on the moon. I designed it for earth but it just doesn't fit well on the moon and it's surroundings'.

It seems even people with such resources and money like Google they can't knuckle down and just do it without whining.
But then AlphaWolf pretty much put you in your place.

And here come the troll posts.

Quote:
We feel sorry for Windows users and we have to look in on you from time to time, give you a reality
check.
Quote:
Windows = gullible man's OS.

Must be a lot of poor Windows users out there, seeing as it gets pirated a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight
No, that's not true... NetworkManager takes care of that, even DHCPCD has (or will have, not 100% sure right now about it) some form of WPA support.

Anyway, you talk like you have to compile the modules by yourself, and practically every distro, whether it's targeted for desktops or netbooks comes with their modules preconfigured and pre-installed... wireless-tools, wpa_supplicant and some form of module manager suffices (that's where Networkmanager or DHCPCD comes into play).

Excuse me for the question but... have you ever used a WPA/WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK network?
My home network is 504-bit WPA2-PSK. I tried installing Ubuntu through VMWare on my Mac. GUI looks nice and pretty, standard module appeared to accept my SSID and WPA key, and worked the first time I ran it. Loaded it up later in the day, didn't work. Tried again, didn't work. Tried it the next day, it worked. Tried later that day, it stopped working. The only way I could get it to run consistently was to change my network encryption to WEP, which is basically no encryption at all.

I have far better things to do with my time than to try and troubleshoot something that works perfectly well on all my other computers and game consoles. I also dabbled in Linux on my PS3. That worked OK because I was using a wired connection, but aside from the initial novelty of having Linux on a PS3, I never used it.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 10:44 AM   #102
Sean_W

Just a bit of fun. It's shame you can't tell the difference and let your buddies off the hook. You're the one picking posts and making them something they're not. If you think Linux is the only OS that has network problems, think again.

What do you expect from a Windows fanboy forum. As a friend of mine once said, "As long as Windows doesn't rape my family or kill my pets, I don't care". It would take something like that for Windows users to realize how far their head is stuck up their own arse.

I'm off, the end.
Old 06-14-09, 10:47 AM   #103
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
I got one better for you. Why don't you stop trolling before I put you on vacation? Regardless of how you feel or think about me, I'm not about to get sucked into your little childish game.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 01:58 PM   #104
Yaboze

Quote:
On another note, Nvidia released a Macintosh compatible GTX 285 (http://www.evga.com/articles/00479/). Wtf was the point of that? Quake3?? UT 2004? CUDA maybe? LOL putting a GTX 285 into a mac is an insult to Nvidia why waste the time? If it doesnt say Mac on it, have a gay little half eaten mac logo and cost $2000 no mac user would buy it anyways.
I don't agree with the jacked price but you have to understand it's a special flashed bios GTX285 that runs on a Mac Pro, the closest thing to a PC that Apple has in regards to expansion slots and a big case. The Mac Pro is an overpriced workstation, not a gamer's box, although it could be used for one.

Apple fans don't buy a Mac Pro for games, they use it for video, CS4, animation and other programs that happen to need a strong GPU, that's all it's for. It's not being sold as a gamer's card, but more of a workstation card. Think Nvidia Quadro Workstation. Also, the Mac OS supports hardware acceleration and it supports that as well. So with that, I don't get why you say "wtf was the point".
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-09, 02:08 PM   #105
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Mac users are a strange breed of user.

They are usually young wealthy kids who drive caddys or bmw's at 17 years old and live in the bay area where MAC is the dominant species their.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 06-14-09, 02:51 PM   #106
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Just a bit of fun. It's shame you can't tell the difference and let your buddies off the hook.
Typical cop-out of someone who's been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Quote:
You're the one picking posts and making them something they're not. If you think Linux is the only OS that has network problems, think again.
In one sentence you whine about people putting words in your mouth, yet in the very next sentence you do exactly the same thing. Point me to exactly where I said that Linux was, as you just said, "the only OS that has network problems."
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 03:04 PM   #107
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Using a OS is more a matter of mentality and habits than any other thing, mainly...

Professionally, yeah, I've seen quite a lot of Macs in my work places, for graphics design they still have some outstanding power, specially in the printing business

But at a personal level, depends on your needs... that's the real point about it, people are usually 'told' instant messaging equals to Windows Live Messenger, e-mail equals to Outlook or Windows Live Mail and web browsing equals to Internet Explorer (or any other kind of software).

While it's nice you have a complete set of features to do your daily life without too much worries, it's not the same for everyone, the kind of user that just wants to have some form of e-mail support and instant messaing without all the bells and whistles can practically resort to any OS, like Mac OS or Linux or any other OS out there.

Thinking about it a bit deeper, Macs are to computers more like Bang & Oluffsen or any other kind of expensive brand is for the digital lifestyle, because for many people Style does matter, it's just a matter of choice (even if Macs are highly overpriced in my opinion).

And now returning to the true nature of this thread, would like to make a question...

In the myriad of YouTube videos about Windows 7, you can see the new ribbon interface for Wordpad and Paint but... wasn't notepad going to get it, too?

Seems like every video have it with the traditional interface... maybe it's just my imagination... any hint?

Julio
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 04:44 PM   #108
Rakeesh

Quote:

What are you just trying to waste the readers' time then? AKA a form of trolling? You don't come to a forum dedicated to something that you've already established that you don't like, and then you try to prove its bad by speculating why unless you're just trying to be an ass.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote