Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-09, 10:50 AM   #13
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Meh, still prefer google. I love my iGoogle home page.
I did until they broke the Gmail gadget a month or two ago if you force HTTPS in Gmail.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 12:47 PM   #14
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I did until they broke the Gmail gadget a month or two ago if you force HTTPS in Gmail.
I don't keep anything sensitive in it, so I don't bother with HTTPS.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 06:09 PM   #15
thefirstm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 226
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Microsoft already has such a high market share with so many things. They just need to keep there hands off the search market. As for bing, a Pig (Windows Live Search) with lipstick is still a Pig.

(This coming from a Linux user...)
thefirstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-09, 06:46 PM   #16
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstm View Post
(This coming from a Linux user...)
You must be lost. Your forum is over here.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=13
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 07:10 PM   #17
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

You do understand that most of that 16% was probably from Windows Live search.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 09:39 PM   #18
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Just tried Bing finally so I can finally bash it. Why is this garnering any attention? It is google, only not as good and it came out later. Why switch from googling to this? The answer is there is no reason.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 11:13 PM   #19
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Just tried Bing finally so I can finally bash it. Why is this garnering any attention? It is google, only not as good and it came out later. Why switch from googling to this? The answer is there is no reason.
You fail @ logic.

It has many features that Google does not and it has improved upon Google's model.

Your argument could have been used when Yahoo was top dog or Lycos or Alta-Vista or whatever.

Google has implemented a lot of small changes over the past few weeks in its UI, probably a direct result of Bing's differences.

Fwiw, I am using the search engines on a 50/50 basis to get a good feel and see if they are pushing each other and also because they do provide alternate results sometimes

The video preview feature of Bing is AWESOME. I've found so many family guy clips and robot chicken and so forth that it took a lot longer on Google to find
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 04:33 PM   #20
glObalist
working as intended
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 935
Default Re: "The Bing Thing" has 16% of search market in USA within 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314 View Post
I think saying it has 16% of the market is a bit premature....I mean I'm sure there are tons (myself included) who have switched to it to try it out. Give a month then say what the market share is. I've already switched back to google.
http://gs.statcounter.com/#search_en...90529-20090624

After the initial rush, Bing took a dive just as expected and is back to where it belongs, what with its cheesy bacground pictures and igoogle.com as my homepage.
__________________
Intel E8400 C2D 3Ghz @ 3.6Ghz ---> ASUS P5Q Pro <--- 2x2GB PATRIOT DDR2 800Mhz
PALIT Sonic HD4850 1GB DDR3 <---> BENQ FP241W 24" LCD
M-AUDIO FireWire 410 <---> Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.