Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-26-11, 10:26 AM   #1
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Stalker mods.

Guys im after some Stalker mods. I just have the standard S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl installed.

I'm after shadow, Texture, Lighting .... Any mod that make the game look better and more enjoyable to play, Ive been looking here stalker.filefront.com

Ive been looking at the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Weather Overhauled mod, This any good?

Suggestions?
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 10:30 AM   #2
Airbrushkid

Default Re: Stalker mods.

Here's one, it's called Stalker Complete. I tried but all it does is crash the game. Maybe you'll have better luck.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 11:35 AM   #3
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
Here's one, it's called Stalker Complete. I tried but all it does is crash the game. Maybe you'll have better luck.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009
That works & looks great, Thanks .... Does anybody know is there anyway to for some AA?

I have the in-game slider to the max and there's still some pretty bad jaggies in-game!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 01:08 PM   #4
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9

Just yesterday I posted this at Overclock.net relating to stalker mods

I have played many mods in the past (AMK, ABC Inferno, OL, Complete 2009, LURK etc) and this is by far the best one I have played yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So I've been wanting to play Narodnaya Solyanka mod for a LONG time now, especially after watching these videos of it a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSH2s...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAYGK...el_video_title

Downloading (getting a hold of the proper files + patches + english translations is very tough indeed), so recently I got back into STALKERa after taking a short hiatus and discovered on the GSC forums that someone had merged Narodnaya Solyanka + DMX mod (DMX mod info here: http://www.amk-team.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=8977) + english translation (not perfect, but very playable) + tweaks of his own for a smooth merger.

I am enjoying this mod, So decided to share the info with those of you who would be interested in such a mod.

-----------------------------

All files for mod + patches + proper documentation and install instructions can be found here:
http://j5films.ca/externalsites/nond...kz_02_English/

Screenshots here:
http://dariuskzoot.imgur.com/

---------------------------

My screenshots:

If you haven't yet I suggest you guys give the mod a run to see if its to your liking.

Enjoy fellow STALKERS!

Breakdown of what mod encompasses:

- You can go prone
- New storyline to follow (many new characters to meet and tons of new quests)
- Their are portals that let you travel from one location to another with ease.
- Many new types of anomalies present in the world, which all randomly spawn. When you reload a saved game for example, the anomalies will be in a different places. Keeping things fresh and you can't memorize the pattern and avoid anomalies.
- You mention about carrying tons of artifacts in original Narodnaya Solyanka yes, but in this version of the mod you can only carry 18 on your belt. Some artifacts you can't put in your belt, only for selling purposes. When you pick up an artifact you take some damage, get dizzy and possibly get radiation sickness if you don't quickly put it in your "artifact container" you start of with a container that has a slot for one, you can buy more containers later from merchants right now I have one container that let's me carry 8 artifacts.
- Artifacts randomly spawn as well, making for each playthrough to be unique.
- More merchants available in game world.
- Recipes to make your own artifacts available through quests etc.
- Player can play guitar, harmonica. Smoke a cigarette (when you lose stamina, no more running for you stalker)
- Many types of vodka, many types of foods to choose from (for when character gets hungry etc.) (No more just bread and sausage!)
- MP3 player can be bought from merchant with many songs, additional usb drives can be bought with even more music (that stick to theme and atmosphere)
- Many new locations and maps from clear sky.

..............and lots more I am forgetting right now or haven't seen yet.

Many more await me, just need to play it more.

Quote:
*30+ Locations: Cordon, Swamp, Garbage, Dark Valley, Forgotten Wood, Not Reconnoitered Territory, SRI Agroprom, Bar, Wild Territory, Yantar, Military Warehouses, Radar, Pripyat, CHAES1, CHAES2, Sarcophagus, ATP, Red Forest, Limansk, Hospital, Old Village, Generators, Underground Research Agroprom, Lab x18, X16, X10, Varlab, Cave, Labyrinth, Merv, Zaton.
*14+ Mutants: jerboa, rat, leech, marsh bloodsucker, a chimera, elktrohimera, controller, kink, poltergeist, fire poltergeist, byurer.
*13 Factions: Loners, Military, Mercenaries, Bandits, Environmentalists, Duty, Last Day, Freedom, representatives of the "O"-consciousness, Monolith, Clear Sky, Hunters, Avengers + dealers and repairers (even rumors of the presence in the Zone of women).
*Huge number of weapons, from fists and knives to heavy machine guns and grenade launchers.
*Great variety of armor, with the possibility of upgrading.
*5 types of detectors. 15+ anomalies. 4 mobile teleport devices. 45+ artifacts.
*Huge number of quests (200 to 300 hours of content). Unique quest caches.

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 09:13 PM   #5
Section-9
Pixel Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Section-9

No problem man, enjoy. Hope to see some awesome screenshots from you.

Here is a torrent with entire mod + patches etc.

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/narod...-t5322355.html (everything was uploaded between yesterday and today, fresh torrent) guy over at overclock.net put it together.

| Cooler Master HAF 932| AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz |Zalman CNPS9900ALED 120mm Blue LED | Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0) |G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 |LG 10X Blu-ray Burner |
Crucial SSD (2x64GB) Raid 0 + WD Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair TX850w | 2x Evga GTX 580's SuperClocked (SC) 1.5GB in SLI | Dell 24'' (1080p) |
Razer Carcharias | Klipsch 2.1 speakers | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |Saitek Cyborg keyboard | Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse |

Laptop:

| Alienware M14x | Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) |Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | 750GB 7200rpm | Hybrid Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M |14" WLED HD display (1366 x 768) |
Section-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 04:41 AM   #6
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
You can force SSAA. Stalker has a AA compatibility flag.

The Complete Mods are awesome. Unfortunately, I finished SoC and CS before the mods got out. For CoP, I waited until this mod was released and it makes a huge difference. Can't wait to play some more CoP Compete
I had a quick read of the comments. Are people trying to say 1080p is higher res?!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 05:17 AM   #7
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Narodnaya Solyanka is definitely the best mod for SoC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:05 AM   #8
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
No idea
I guess someone misinterpreted one of my comments and posted something about 1080p resolutions without even noticing that it's my video.

But quite a few are thinking that TVs or multiple TVs are better. I don't agree with that
I LOL'd at the ones recommended 46"+ screens. Could you image a screen that big so close? You'd get a saw neck looking around at everything. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote