Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-05-09, 10:04 AM   #157
agentkay

Default Re: Ghostbusters Official Feedback Thread

Remember guys, the game doesn't work properly in XP (SP3), so if anyone is using that OS, then don't be surprised if you have strange performane issues that really shouldn't be happening.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=120

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 10:06 AM   #158
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I played the game nonstop through the first 3 levels, but it got kind of stale pretty quickly for some reason... I am amazed I wrote that, because I was so in love at first. I am sure I will finish it one of these days.
Same here, Game is nice to look at and can be fun in short playtimes but any extended playtime really burns me out. Hate how it uses a checkpoint save system.
Old 07-06-09, 02:15 AM   #159
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Same here, Game is nice to look at and can be fun in short playtimes but any extended playtime really burns me out. Hate how it uses a checkpoint save system.
On 360 it doesn't even tell you it's saving, you have to just guess where it saved and hope you don't lose much. Also, if you save in the firehouse between missions, it jumps to the next mission when you load the game, making you miss any firehouse story and discovery.

The same system is really freaking terrible.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 08:05 PM   #160
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Remember guys, the game doesn't work properly in XP (SP3
Apparently no one told my system that (as I have XP SP3). Game running very smooth with no slow downs whatsoever noted.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 10:41 PM   #161
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Demos are now up on Xbox and PS3 if you want to try out the console version. The demo uses the first half of the library level.

Game looks like total arse on the PS3, to a shameful degree really...
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 07-12-09, 01:52 AM   #162
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, the console versions have the same somewhat low-quality cutscenes... I guess they do that for compression reasons, but with PS3 having 50GB Blurays, the PC having installation as a requirement and the 360 DVDs never being filled up completely, judging by install sizes, I would say it's more compression due to laziness than compression due to neccesity...

But hey, I'm not a developer.

Old 07-12-09, 02:06 AM   #163
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

It's not THAT horrible on Xbox, probably because the game is running in 720p anyway. I am sure it is much more noticeable up close, and when switching from 1920x1200 to 720p.

Old 07-12-09, 10:35 AM   #164
|MaguS|

Haven't touched the game since I got to the second level... just got bored of it. Fallout 3 is so much more interesting.

Old 07-12-09, 11:29 AM   #165
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I have the same problem with Fallout 3
But I have to give it another chance, same goes for Mass Effect.
I just like RPGs alot more then straight forward action games. I like Fallout 3's choices aswell as customization.
Old 07-12-09, 11:52 AM   #166
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, I keep playing Fallout no matter what... got Call of Juarez BiB and Valkyria Chronicles a couple days ago and love them, as well as Red Faction 3 a week ago, but I can't stop playing Fallout long enough to play anything new!

Arg!

And like Morrowind, it seems like every time I load Fallout 3 there is something new to do, even almost a year later. Oblivion was not like that at all, I systematically did everything in Oblivion in like a month.

Old 11-29-09, 04:46 PM   #167
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

TERRIBLE performance from this game on PC. WTF? I get 20fps outside in the New York/Stay Puft level... got 30-50fps in the first level at the hotel.

This is with AA forced, but turning that off does not raise my framerate at ALL, which is odd.

Old 11-29-09, 09:22 PM   #168
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Do you have AF enabled? Try setting both to app controlled