Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-09, 03:47 PM   #61
Buio

Default Re: Torchlight [diablo clone]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
So what kind of equipment do you guys carry? I have a wand that does 350dmg with a long long long list of enchantments(love the fact that you can enchant your current equipment).
I've found a few good Guns for the Vanquisher I played. I find it seems to be easiest to play as a Vanquisher, and the Destroyer hardest (starting on hardest difficulty). But I guess a lot of that also depend on how good weapons you find.

Multiple enchanting can boost a weapons damage a lot. But if you are unlucky it can botch and you stand there with a sharp stick.

Saw somebody on the official forum had found this 1h mace:
http://i33.tinypic.com/npexz7.jpg
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 05:40 PM   #62
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
I've found a few good Guns for the Vanquisher I played. I find it seems to be easiest to play as a Vanquisher, and the Destroyer hardest (starting on hardest difficulty). But I guess a lot of that also depend on how good weapons you find.

Multiple enchanting can boost a weapons damage a lot. But if you are unlucky it can botch and you stand there with a sharp stick.

Saw somebody on the official forum had found this 1h mace:
http://i33.tinypic.com/npexz7.jpg
Wow I want one of those! Although I do prefer long-range weapons. This game really needs a multi-player option so that I could pwn you all.
Old 10-28-09, 07:32 PM   #63
Buio

Health steal is so good for melee char, but I also thought the name was funny. I've not found one really good weapon for my Destroyer.

I started testing the Alchemist a bit and found that dual-wielding two Wands with ice/fire was great as ranged damage, alternating with to save mana.
Old 10-28-09, 10:35 PM   #64
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
Health steal is so good for melee char, but I also thought the name was funny. I've not found one really good weapon for my Destroyer.

I started testing the Alchemist a bit and found that dual-wielding two Wands with ice/fire was great as ranged damage, alternating with to save mana.
I just found a great weapon for you:

My Wand is now at 474dmg and I'm also an alchemist.

And I did get the name-joke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Torchlight.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	38540  
Old 10-29-09, 12:07 PM   #65
Buio

This game rocks!

I love it, and it was only $20.

My current very hard hard core character;
Old 11-06-09, 03:02 PM   #66
Yaboze

There's a patch for this, but it's delayed on Steam. Fixes a bunch of stuff, including load times. Version 1.2.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 04:34 PM   #67
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

hehe..yea the dps number really jump in this game. saddly its shelved atm while I play dao.

Toss, you can manualy back up your save games pretty easily, so like every night you play, just copy it to a backup dir.
Old 11-16-09, 09:50 AM   #68
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Friend of mine at work came and told me about this game this morning. I finished borderlands (amazingly fun) and am playing through it a 2nd time but it looks like I may give this game a go. I played through Diablo II at least a dozen times and beat it on hell difficulty with a hammerdin and a bowazon. I officially retired that game so anything that harkens back to those days is welcome to me.

I think just from the reviews of the game though that one of the biggest disappointments it seems is lack of LAN/Online play. That was what really made D2 fun. I mean... the formula of fun game + friends = more fun couldn't be any more true with these types of games and I would have rather seen it be delayed for online play to be added than wait around for it (if it happens) from an update.

At any rate, I'll be on steam tonight after work getting this and eagerly awaiting MP.

And though I don't think it'll be a deal breaker or anything but lack of outdoor combat is definitely a downer in my book. I know the heart of these types of games are in the dungeons but games like titan quest, dungeon seige, DII etc just all had fantastic visuals outside (specifically titan quest) that really add a lot to the experience and limiting a game to only down in dungeons and caves seems a little lame.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-09, 11:45 AM   #69
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

The game is lame. Most overrated game of the year. By far.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 12:49 PM   #70
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
The game is lame. Most overrated game of the year. By far.
really? do you think it's just pre diablo III fanboy ZOMG hype and that they're trying to latch onto anything that can somewhat fill that empty void until D3 is released?

Or do you think it's just a poor game in general?

becuase it seems that if it is indeed just a Fate/Diablo clone then it can't be THAT bad if you like those formula of game play. If it doesn't bring anything new to the table, I can see it being a let down but you also have to consider that this is, what I imagine to be, a small group of independent developers with a limited budget and while I really don't see much of a point to re-hashing the same game, it could have been much much worse...we didn't get a daikatana clone
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
Old 11-17-09, 07:30 AM   #71
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

played the demo, didn't even get through a couple of the main quest tasks and the demo expired... my credit card was out faster than anything hahahah

so far, I really like the game but I'm woefully overpowered at this point. I'm in maybe lvl 18~ish, couple of pistols and using the hell out of the ricochet skill. dog has a couple of spells he's using and has only had to flee once. Most of my skill points have gone into the passive abilities like the one that increases XP multiplier, dual wielding damage, ranged weapon damage, etc.

totally hooked and I dig the artistic style of it. I know people bitched about D3's cartoony design vs the gritty dark design of D1 and 2 but it works for this.

- Server -

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
Old 11-17-09, 08:06 AM   #72
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
really? do you think it's just pre diablo III fanboy ZOMG hype and that they're trying to latch onto anything that can somewhat fill that empty void until D3 is released?

Or do you think it's just a poor game in general?

becuase it seems that if it is indeed just a Fate/Diablo clone then it can't be THAT bad if you like those formula of game play. If it doesn't bring anything new to the table, I can see it being a let down but you also have to consider that this is, what I imagine to be, a small group of independent developers with a limited budget and while I really don't see much of a point to re-hashing the same game, it could have been much much worse...we didn't get a daikatana clone
Poor game in general. It was a rehash of Fate, a game I've already played.

Just you watch and see, going "downstairs" from dungeon to dungeon gets old very fast. The game had the components to be great, but they dumbed it down with lazy choices.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote