Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-18-09, 09:19 PM   #85
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Torchlight [diablo clone]

what is steam cloud?
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-09, 09:27 PM   #86
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
what is steam cloud?
It saves your character and game online @ Steam so you can move it easy or don't risk loosing it if you format and forget to backup the right files.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 09:02 AM   #87
ViN86

Just got this a few days ago. Only $10, really fun. Anyone try the editing tools yet?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 10:15 PM   #88
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

This crappy game is $5 as the deal of the day on Steam for anyone interested.

I'm reading online that there are groups of Diablo 2 fans modding Torchlight to be like Diablo 2. I might buy this garbage for $5 if that is the case.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-09, 01:27 AM   #89
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
This crappy game is $5 as the deal of the day on Steam for anyone interested.

I'm reading online that there are groups of Diablo 2 fans modding Torchlight to be like Diablo 2. I might buy this garbage for $5 if that is the case.
I like it as much as Diablo 2. The only difference is a lot of the features aren't as deep as in Diablo 2. For example, all items are single slots, there is no durability on items, the items are difficult to differentiate (a lot of them look the same although they may have vastly different qualities), there's only 3 classes, there aren't as many items/spells, you get a pet (pretty convenient at times), and there's only one world (but a lot of side quests and lots of dungeon levels.

Diablo 2 is still a better game all around (much more well rounded and executed), but Torchlight is very fun imo. And at $5, it's a steal. **** I paid $10 for it 3 days ago and already have 6 hrs into it.
Old 12-27-09, 10:38 AM   #90
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

I'm going to work on modding Torchlight. The game has "potential". But out of the box, this thing is garbage. Maybe some Tygerwoody flavor will fix it up.
Old 12-27-09, 05:06 PM   #91
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

so... my day of modding torchlight was a failure. I couldn't bring myself to double click the icon to start up the game. Maybe one day...
Old 12-27-09, 11:40 PM   #92
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
I'm going to work on modding Torchlight. The game has "potential". But out of the box, this thing is garbage. Maybe some Tygerwoody flavor will fix it up.
Why is it garbage? You still haven't really explained as to why you consider it to be so bad...

Old 12-28-09, 08:23 AM   #93
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Why is it garbage? You still haven't really explained as to why you consider it to be so bad...
Umm... Yes I have. I made an entire thread about it.

Here are a few:

Blatant copy and paste of Fate
Lack of classes
All of the skills for each of the classes are not interesting at all. Very boring skillsets.
Going from downstairs to downstairs is the entire game. You are never outside once. And i mean seriously, how many times can you go downstairs?
Zero story. Nadda. None.
Random levels. Lazy random level designs.
Enemies are not interesting. Very basic looking enemies.
The game has no "life". Nothing about the game makes me want to try to play better or longer.
The game has an interest level of around a few days. That is, from the day of buying to the day of not wanting to play ever again. I predicted 2 weeks and noone would be playing it. In reality that two weeks ended up being 3-4 days because the game is so boring.
The "pet" in the game adds zero to the gameplay. So much could have been done with the pet, instead they just copied the pet from Fate and moved on.
Absolutely NO need to try to develope your skills. The game is way too easy even on hard settings. Saving skill points is completely unnecessary.
No subclasses. You can't "create" your own subclassesclass using certain skills like with diablo 2.
No set items.
No interesting boss matches.
No interesting items.
There is no multiplayer, but to be honest, I don't care about multiplayer.

Torchlight should be renamed "Action RPG for Dummies". Its the most watered down Action RPG I've ever seen in my life. Worth $5? Maybe... for a young child who is just learning about video games or someone who wants to mod the game(like me). Honestly, if the game was $6, I wouldn't buy it. For $5, I bought it specifically for modding and future mods that should come out before diablo 3.
Old 12-29-09, 09:59 AM   #94
ViN86

I think it's great for $20 and under. It doesn't try/claim to be innovative so I really don't know how you can rip on it for that.
Old 12-30-09, 10:28 PM   #95
Yaboze

I played it and enjoyed it. I finished the main storyline. Another dungeon opens where you can continue to fight on and gain levels and loot. I haven't touched it since the main storyline was over. I still feel it was worth the $20.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 12:06 AM   #96
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
He's just trolling. Ignore him in this thread. :P

He's perfectly right to his opinion that the game sucks, but after a while his repeated rants sound like a broken record and all posts become just troll garbage.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote