Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-22-03, 02:48 PM   #1
Dark Jedi
In the TARDIS

Default Keep up the good work

This comes from a relative newbie, but this site really is excellent. I've wandered aimlessly from site to site after 3dfxgamers.com shut down 3 years ago, looking for another site that had as good a community. NvNews has so far impressed me, everyone's been friendly and there's a good mix in the various forums (plus I've joined the folding team, something I'd been hankering to get invloved in...)

It might not mean much, but I think you do a great job. One very happy NvNews surfer here...

Moderator - Elite Bastards

Folding for Team nV News
Dark Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03, 04:07 PM   #2
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

It's this special mix that MIkeC has all the staff on... really keeps our coats shiney, and adds that extra bounce to our keystrokes!!

Glad to hear you've found a decent community here! Seems to be getting to be a harder thing than it used to be to find. ...ehh was there enuff "be"'s there?

btw you and stealthhawk really should confer on your "jedi-ness"... We don't need any light sabre battles up in here!

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03, 04:37 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

Your shiny coat has nothing to do with his special mix, he sneaks a tablespoon of fishoil in every serving is what give your coat that nice glossy sheen.

Kudos to the staff here, you hold yourselves well in good times and bad and never seem to lose your quirky dry senses of humor. (A trait I've noticed among ALL staff here! )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03, 05:00 PM   #4
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I was a wanderer from 3dfxgamers myself. Hell, I signed up for this forum when I still had a Voodoo3 in my system. We've all had our ups and downs on this forum, but this is one place I'll keep coming back to and that's because this is such a great community.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03, 05:23 PM   #5
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Kudos to the staff here, you hold yourselves well in good times and bad and never seem to lose your quirky dry senses of humor. (A trait I've noticed among ALL staff here! )
It's also why you will never work here

And yes, it's a fun place. As Sat put it once, "There is nothing more enjoyable than moving Linux threads to the NVIDIA Linux forum and leaving nothing behind. After all, if they can't find that forum to begin with, they shouldn't be using Linux."

Makes my day every time I do it.
Old 06-22-03, 07:25 PM   #6
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
And yes, it's a fun place. As Sat put it once, "There is nothing more enjoyable than moving Linux threads to the NVIDIA Linux forum and leaving nothing behind. After all, if they can't find that forum to begin with, they shouldn't be using Linux."

Makes my day every time I do it.
Such great fun, ain't it?

But there is some mod from the NV forum who keeps leaving redirects.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-03, 07:42 PM   #7
The Baron

I think it's Stealth. I'll yell at him later, don't worry
Old 06-22-03, 10:27 PM   #8
StealthHawk

Quote:
I think it's Stealth. I'll yell at him later, don't worry
No, it's not me I don't leave redirects for any Linux posts. I posted this, so it would be really bad if it was me. Maybe I am moderating in my sleep

No seriously, it isn't me.

Old 06-23-03, 08:41 AM   #9
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

I'll admit it... I've done a couple o redirects... I shoulda just done a full move, I know... wasn't thinkin... But this was never in the Linux section... Mebbe there's someone else?

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-03, 08:50 AM   #10
digitalwanderer

Quote:
It's also why you will never work here
Why does everyone seem to think that everyone wants to be a mod? Man, it's work to be a good mod...why the hell would I want that?

Some of us are very happy just posting, honest.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-03, 02:52 PM   #11
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

*raises my hand* sorry that was me
Old 06-23-03, 03:11 PM   #12
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
*raises my hand* sorry that was me
What, keeps leaving redirects or thinks everybody wants to be a Mod?
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote