Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-09, 07:32 AM   #1
MaxFX
*BANNED*

Default Revenge of the PC!!

A really good read and it sounds pretty obvious that it will all go down this way.

Pc gaming along with services like Onlive (witch is Pc gaming streamed to your mon/tv) will pretty much be the last nail in the coffins for consoles as we knew them!

These consoles have had their time, okey they can put out beautifull titles but nothing like the Pc as we know and the onslaught of DX11 titels that will come will leave them in the dust totaly!

http://news.digitaltrends.com/talk-b...tion-3-and-wii

Quote!
Windows Vista didn't have titles until months after it launched, kind of sucked initially, and even patch lagged Windows XP. This time around, I've been told by the graphics card companies there will be a number of hot titles available on top of the Windows 7 launch in October, taking us into the critical fourth quarter at a time when folks are likely really troubled about buying a game console that is getting really old
EA Phenomic, Emergent, Rebellion, and Codemasters have all committed to having product at, or soon after launch.
Old 06-19-09, 08:23 AM   #2
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork
Default Re: Revenge of the PC!!

Consoles are not going to disappear, and neither is PC gaming.

Both are considerably large markets that cater different types of people.

This whole "PC is sooo much better than t3h xboax!!1" crap for me is right up there with "Mac is so much better than PC" bullcrap.

Honestly, deal with it.

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Old 06-19-09, 09:00 AM   #3
wysiwyg

i like the satisfavtion of building my own gaming pcs

streamed games can go and get lost
Old 06-19-09, 10:25 AM   #4
Tuork
Official pain in the ass

Send a message via MSN to Tuork

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
i like the satisfavtion of building my own gaming pcs
Couldn't agree with you more.
Sadly, it's been years since I built a PC

Dimitri:
Dell XPS M1530
Core2Duo T5550 1.86Ghz | 3GB DDR2 | 8600M GT 256MB | 250GB Hdd | BenQ FP202W 20" LCD | MX1000 mouse | Inspire T5400 5.1
Old 06-19-09, 10:42 AM   #5
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
These consoles have had their time, okey they can put out beautifull titles but nothing like the Pc as we know and the onslaught of DX11 titels that will come will leave them in the dust totaly!
Yes, as we know. (read MaxFX thinks)...

Just like DX10 did, DX11 will be even bettah!

And because OBVIOUSLY graphics matter the most to users, the PS2 still sells today... Hell, even the Wii sells like crazy and it has the ****tiest graphics of the 3 top consoles today...

OnLive sucks... Maybe in 10 years from now it will be doable... And the f*cking irony? You can play on it WITHOUT A PC...
Quote:
Connect to OnLive with your TV
http://www.onlive.com/service/how_onlive_works.html

Can I please have one reality check for MaxFX? ASAP please...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Old 06-19-09, 10:47 AM   #6
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
A really good read and it sounds pretty obvious that it will all go down this way.

Pc gaming along with services like Onlive (witch is Pc gaming streamed to your mon/tv) will pretty much be the last nail in the coffins for consoles as we knew them!

http://news.digitaltrends.com/talk-b...tion-3-and-wii

Quote!
Windows Vista didn't have titles until months after it launched, kind of sucked initially, and even patch lagged Windows XP. This time around, I've been told by the graphics card companies there will be a number of hot titles available on top of the Windows 7 launch in October, taking us into the critical fourth quarter at a time when folks are likely really troubled about buying a game console that is getting really old
EA Phenomic, Emergent, Rebellion, and Codemasters have all committed to having product at, or soon after launch.
Now you just have to overcome the $800 price difference and consoles will fall off the face of the planet!

Old 06-19-09, 10:57 AM   #7
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Now you just have to overcome the $800 price difference and consoles will fall off the face of the planet!

There isnt an $800 difference between a decent gaming machine and a 360 and a ps3. You are saying you'd need to spend $1100+ (in fact a ps3 was like $600 @ launch) for a gaming machine? Far from it. I've built some recently for friends for around $700. Not much more than a 360 at launch when you buy a second controller, HD, cables, Live, etc all the other junk to make the damn thing more than a single green light paper weight. Even a $700 gaming machine makes the hardware in a 360 look like a Casio Calculator from the 80s. The price you pay for an outdated, obsolete PC... errr I mean a RRoD_box is ridiculous, its nothing more than a 3 year old PC.

My 360 is nothing more than the "PC" for my kids to use. The performance slowdowns on the 360 suck, the graphics are crap next to my PC, its noisy as hell, the controller sucks for anything other than sports and driving games, and I find most the console only games on the 360 to be boring and mindless.

Give me a PC anyday. The reason consoles exist is because console people are too lazy to use a PC for gaming. Upgrades, maintanence, installation, etc. Consoles thrive because people are just want to just be lazy and stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 06-19-09, 11:12 AM   #8
Starscream
Decepticook

IT'S THE END OF CONSOLE DAYS

GET DOWN

GET IN DA CHOPPER

RISE OF THE MACHINES!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	end_of_days_2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	37264  

Old 06-19-09, 11:43 AM   #9
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
There isnt an $800 difference between a decent gaming machine and a 360 and a ps3. You are saying you'd need to spend $1100+ (in fact a ps3 was like $600 @ launch) for a gaming machine? Far from it. I've built some recently for friends for around $700. Not much more than a 360 at launch when you buy a second controller, HD, cables, Live, etc all the other junk to make the damn thing more than a single green light paper weight. Even a $700 gaming machine makes the hardware in a 360 look like a Casio Calculator from the 80s. The price you pay for an outdated, obsolete PC... errr I mean a RRoD_box is ridiculous, its nothing more than a 3 year old PC.

My 360 is nothing more than the "PC" for my kids to use. The performance slowdowns on the 360 suck, the graphics are crap next to my PC, its noisy as hell, the controller sucks for anything other than sports and driving games, and I find most the console only games on the 360 to be boring and mindless.

Give me a PC anyday. The reason consoles exist is because console people are too lazy to use a PC for gaming. Upgrades, maintanence, installation, etc. Consoles thrive because people are just want to just be lazy and stupid.
Comparing the PC's most everyone has on these forums to consoles there is about an $800 difference in price. Look how outdated mine is and my CPU/Mobo/RAM add up to the price of a new 360. When these parts were new they added up to over that ($200 for Mobo, $200 for CPU, $80 for ram, that's a 160GB PS3).

Then there's the monitor, the case, KB&M, graphics card, power supply, etc.
Old 06-19-09, 12:00 PM   #10
AdamK47

PC is sooo much better than t3h xboax!!1
Old 06-19-09, 12:13 PM   #11
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Comparing the PC's most everyone has on these forums to consoles there is about an $800 difference in price. Look how outdated mine is and my CPU/Mobo/RAM add up to the price of a new 360. When these parts were new they added up to over that ($200 for Mobo, $200 for CPU, $80 for ram, that's a 160GB PS3).

Then there's the monitor, the case, KB&M, graphics card, power supply, etc.
Motherboard GB P45 $94
Q8200 $160
4GB DDR2 6400 $40
GTX 260 $150
Case with PSU $60
500GB HD $60
DVD +RW $23
Saitek backlit keyboard $40
G9 $60

$687

You are pricing old parts and prices (Who spends $200 for a motherboard??? Maybe an I7 mobo when they just launched I never spend more than ~$125 on a motherboard). Also, if you have a TV you dont need a monitor.

PS3, no TV - $400
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868110031

Already u have a PC that will do alot more than any console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 06-19-09, 12:20 PM   #12
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post

Your appraisal of the cost of a new gaming machine is excessively rosy. A brand new system from the ground up that is going to outperform a console is gonna cost more than $700. Hardware aside (I could spend $700 on motherboard, CPU, and video card alone) you still need Windows, unless you're pirating it I guess. Even OEM copies of Windows XP Pro run over $100. You also need a keyboard, mouse, gamepads, speakers, etc. PC gaming has and always will be a great deal more expensive than console gaming.

Regarding your comments about "lazy and stupid", I wouldn't really know what to say except "no u". Being employed, I can afford to enjoy my PS3, DS, Wii, Xbox 360, and PC all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2
Already u have a PC that will do alot more than any console.
The PC you listed would be a cheap pile of ****, I'd rather play games on a console because they'd look and run better. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about my cheap-ass power supply (case + psu $60? LOL) blowing up and frying all my hardware.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Closed Thread