Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-06-09, 09:45 AM   #169
wysiwyg

Default Re: The Official Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood thread!

deffo more consoley than the first game that this is a prequel of, but the storyline on the first was brilliant and im sure the one on this is too hence why id stick with it plus Techland made a good job of making you feel like you are in a western
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 03:03 PM   #170
The Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
Who compared it to Crysis? Nobody did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Well to me saying good graphics means it looks good. Sure the tech is not as flash, but thanks to art it has good graphics. It's impressive and credit is due. The game has awesome graphics and it is quite a feat a multi platform game can match Crysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
It looks good, but graphics in this game is static. You can't compare it to Crysis.
Quote:
Yes you can. Easily.
Sorry but crainger most certanly did, graphics that "match Crysis", sorry crainger I normally agree with you. As did you by simply saying it's the "best looking game since Crysis." That's a comparison. If you say it's better or worse than Crysis that's a comparison for sure. To me that like saying I looked at a Lamborghini and a VW Bug and that VW Bug was the fastest, best looking car since the Lamborghini. Just because there isn't a better car on the lot doesn't mean the VW looks good. There is no comparison that should be made between the two. Just because nothing better looking has come out doesn't mean I'll accept another game void of all PC graphic advancement, good controls and even sound, I mean it sounds like the voices were recored on tape player. If the game was good (fun) I would look past all that but this game simply feels cheap to me and made for ten year olds and people who hook up 360 controllers to play on the PC.
Old 07-06-09, 03:10 PM   #171
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Just got this game this afternoon. So far it's brilliant. Anyone who doesn't play this because it's 'a console port' is missing out on what could be one of the best this year. Everything feels right and it's one of the first FPS with a decent cover system that doesn't put you into a 3rd person view.

Techland. Use this engine and make a new Chrome game. Post haste.

I don't get this port nonsense, I think people are confusing an organic, meaty feeling with what they think is a port. A game doesn't have to be sterile cold to be a PC game...
Yeah. I actually think this game has the best cover system I have seen. No sticking to crap and getting stuck on it.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 07:47 PM   #172
Bladestorm

Has a FOV fix been released yet? It's killing me. I love the game, but the default FOV gives me a slight headache.
EVGA GTX 580
Palit GTX 580
Creative Titanium HD
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1000W
Corsair 650D
Samsung S27A850D
Bladestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 08:17 PM   #173
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
No denying the game LOOKS great but it just shouts console at you all day, wtf is up with no prone & silly stars all over the screen?

meh, i'm not saying its crap as clearly it's not, i'm just biased i guess, gimme realism all day.
I haven't played the original since I beat it when it came out... but I don't remember prone being available in it either. Besides... who went prone in westerns?! lol
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 08:34 PM   #174
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I haven't played the original since I beat it when it came out... but I don't remember prone being available in it either. Besides... who went prone in westerns?! lol
All the best cowboys do a matrix-style prone-dive to get the upper hand in a duel.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 09:13 PM   #175
ViN86

Quote:
That's exactly why I would have if I had lived in Western times.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 10:30 PM   #176
TheManko

I have now finished the game and I really liked that the end was conclusive. It's so annoying to see a game end with a 10 second cutscene that just says something like "We won this fight, but the battle has just begun" and then rolls the credits.

Something I really liked in the entire game was that the story felt very "cinematic" in the sense that the story always kept going with plenty of great set pieces that would fit perfectly in any movie and actual story arcs for all the characters. Sure the acting and writing could've been better, but it worked well enough and it's nice to see someone daring to be ambitious with the story in a game. Even though there was plenty of drama in the story it never became silly.
TheManko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-09, 01:40 AM   #177
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Yeah. I actually think this game has the best cover system I have seen. No sticking to crap and getting stuck on it.
Not to mention the animations are just right, especially for the revolvers. Plus the AI seems fair, they can't bullseye you from 10km away, although the TNT guys are a pain. How far can they throw?!~
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 10:00 AM   #178
brownstone

I enjoyed the game and didn't let the autoaim bother. Its not like it is always on but only in certain situtations (dual weapons). When entering a room with two weapons (pistols or knives) and having a bad guy to the left and right you didn't have to pivot fully to the left and then fully to the right which would have also seemed wrong. Not sure how they could make it so you could move two seperate cursors at the same time while looking almost straight ahead .

Only thing I found pretty cheap and could have been left out or changed was concentration mode bonus after taking out a bunch of guys..especially with Thomas. Just pushing and then pulling the mouse back and taking out guys without even looking for them (like Ray). I must admit it did help out in some situations but should have been done differently.

Anyways the levels got better and better and the graphics looked and ran great for all high.

Started playing multiplayer and the covering system works really well and the levels look great also. Was standing by a tree sniping the enemy in the stinking springs map when all of a sudden a tarantula was climbing up the tree...nice touch.
brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 11:10 AM   #179
pakotlar

just got it; on the first level, playing on pc, maxed out at 1920, running a steady 100fps or so, playing with controller, game looks great! it's not as "realistic" as crysis, but it is actually at a similar level of beauty, and the technical shortcomings are difficult to judge in the light of BIB's art style.
Old 07-07-09, 11:31 AM   #180
pakotlar

well that was short... bored in 5 minutes