Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-13-09, 07:44 PM   #229
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: The Official Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood thread!

i'm trying to fix the audio issue, game keeps crashing if I have audio set to 24bit 96000hz
Old 07-13-09, 07:58 PM   #230
agentkay

Have you tried to change the Audio APIs?

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-09, 09:03 PM   #231
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

yes, tried that xaudio2 (default), tried openal, and ds3d, no change.
Old 07-14-09, 12:47 AM   #232
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's a problem in a lot of games. Vista/7 really only likes a max of 24bit 48000hz. Set it in the Sound Control panel.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 05:46 AM   #233
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Why did so many people skip the bonus missions? When I saw those I was like "cool more gameplay"... you guys said "ewww more gameplay"???

Anyway, this game is AWESOMESAUCE! Best graphics on 360 I think ever... I really don't know anything else that compares other than Crysis, and that is PC only.

I also love the music.. rock/country mixtures with a heavy twang, which reminds me of Whiskey Town, a band I love. The music also always seems just right for the moment, and done exceptionally well.

The acting is also good... all three brothers and even the other characters are voiced well, in my opinion. The lines following the story of Jesus on the cross had me in stitches... so very funny.

Gameplay is great, good shooting action... the only thing that bugs me at all is the weird intrusive auto-aim with dual pistols, but other than that everything is smooth and fun... great cover mechanic, one of the best ever... smooth analog control on 360.

This game is a 9.5 out of 10 for me.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-09, 08:05 AM   #234
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Why did so many people skip the bonus missions? When I saw those I was like "cool more gameplay"... you guys said "ewww more gameplay"??? slaWter is noob shorts
Wow, harsh but I agree. Don't complain a game is short when you skip over half of it and esc through all the cutscenes.
Old 07-14-09, 09:27 PM   #235
JasonPC

I liked the game a lot. You really have to just stick with it and not stop playing after the first mission or so. It starts off slow but gets really awesome and challenging too.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 01:57 AM   #236
crainger

I played invert in all games until this game. Playing inverted makes the duels almost impossible, so I switched to normal. I'm surprised how easy it was to unlearn over 20 years of gaming! I'm pretty Ultra Mega God though, so I can understand it.

Old 07-15-09, 02:18 AM   #237
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Why did so many people skip the bonus missions? When I saw those I was like "cool more gameplay"... you guys said "ewww more gameplay"???
How did you get bonus missions??? Mine tells me there are none available, and to hit up callofjuarez.com for downloadable content, however I do not see any downloadable content on that site, just trailers and a forum.

The game is in fact awesome, best I've played since Clear Sky, just too short. What I like about this is the cinematic style, so when I play I play the part the best I can, trying to make the experience as movie like as possible with the method and timing of my shots, etc. it's more fun when you're an outlaw in a movie and not a guy pounding on a keyboard. lol
EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-15-09, 02:59 AM   #238
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
How did you get bonus missions??? Mine tells me there are none available, and to hit up callofjuarez.com for downloadable content, however I do not see any downloadable content on that site, just trailers and a forum.

The game is in fact awesome, best I've played since Clear Sky, just too short. What I like about this is the cinematic style, so when I play I play the part the best I can, trying to make the experience as movie like as possible with the method and timing of my shots, etc. it's more fun when you're an outlaw in a movie and not a guy pounding on a keyboard. lol
There are 2 chapters (IIRC) in the game that have side missions to do... I think VI is one? Then IX? Honestly I cannot remember but there are 2 that have wanted posters (you will see star icons over them). They are pretty basic, but add to the overall experience and earn you bonus money.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 04:33 AM   #239
crainger

There are 6 optional side missions. I can understand them being to hard for slaWter and sillyeagle. Try them guys, we'll post hints if you get stuck.

First tip, I recommend the use of an input device. Either mouse and keyboard or a 360 control pad.
Old 07-15-09, 04:59 AM   #240
fizzelopeguss

I've finished this game as both ray and thomas, is there a gold sniper rifle even in this game?
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote