Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-16-10, 12:29 PM   #313
Destroy

Default Re: The Official Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
... Think how Far Cry compared to FC2... same deal with this game- generic, consolitized mess. Next...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakotlar View Post
as much as i appreciate what the game is trying to do, every single multiplatform game carries with it this bad taste of consolitis for lack of a better word. its like a film vs a good blockbuster movie. the original in dx10 mode, with all the little gameplay tweaks seems like a better game apart from the gameplay elements that clearly needed to be removed. this is like 2 steps forward 1.5 back.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts too but I'm going to play through it cause I paid for it, albeit only $7, and to see the story. Very Call of Duty movie like formula only out West this game is.

Concentration system seems odd in that there is no way to control when it's used; seems just as I've racked up enough kills to fill it, there is no one left to kill.

Cover system I don't really care for, it auto-controls my view and movement too much. Just give me a key to press to enter and exit cover, k thanks.

Overall, I preferred the first CoJ better, this one is too automated or simplified with obvious console roots.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 01:42 PM   #314
MaysitoJr

Is it actually that good? i got it for the 360 and played it for like 15 minutes... or is the PC version far better?
MaysitoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 04:06 PM   #315
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysitoJr View Post
Is it actually that good? i got it for the 360 and played it for like 15 minutes... or is the PC version far better?
Call of Duty in the west. VERY dissapointing since the first Juarez game was so good.