Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > Other Desktop Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-21-03, 11:43 AM   #1
mickythumbs

Default help please

Anyone knoe why i can't get tiger woods 2003 to work with my Radeon 9800pro 128 mb

It loades in through the splash screen gets to the main menu you pick your options it starts to load the game to play and it just stops then freezes hard

i have tried various settings in game from lowest to highest i have done the same with my card used the lowest settings right up to the highest i have used 2 different drvers 3.5 and 3.6 and the same thing happens each time

the read me in the game only mentioned 9700 pro i suppose because 9800 pro was not out then with regard to what it supports

any ideas guys

thanks
Old 08-21-03, 12:09 PM   #2
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up It SHOULD work.

If it's good for a 9700 it's good for a 9800, the game should work.

Could we have a bit more info about your system? What operating system are you using and what programs do you have running in the background? Also, which version of directX do you have installed?

Oh, and does your PC run any other games ok? If so, which ones?

(I'm just warming him up for you BBEA. )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 01:00 PM   #3
mickythumbs

Default Re: It SHOULD work.

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
If it's good for a 9700 it's good for a 9800, the game should work.

Could we have a bit more info about your system? What operating system are you using and what programs do you have running in the background? Also, which version of directX do you have installed?

Oh, and does your PC run any other games ok? If so, which ones?

(I'm just warming him up for you BBEA. )

ok i have amd 2000xp running windows 2000 pro radeon saphire 9800pro i am running dx 9a audigy sound card
background stuff is exactly the same as i had with my ti4600 yahoo mess,zone alarm also in the tray is ati control panel ,ghost norton anti virus (not running though just in the tray

Madden 2004 runs perfect (its only a new card so that it the only game i
have tried untill tiger)

Thanks for your time
Old 08-21-03, 01:13 PM   #4
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: It SHOULD work.

Quote:
Originally posted by mickythumbs
background stuff is exactly the same as i had with my ti4600 yahoo mess,zone alarm also in the tray is ati control panel ,ghost norton anti virus (not running though just in the tray
Try killing off the background applications....'specially yahoo, zone, and norton.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 02:11 PM   #5
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Hm, id install any patches if any for your game. Even if you have the lateist installed, try repatching.

If that dose not work, is there some kind of config file for the game? It could be looking for your old video card, but when it dosent find it it closes it self? You may beable to edit its config file.

Finally, if you know how to save your saved games, maybe you could uninstall then reinstall the game.

I have the feeling the game is looking for your old video card, but i cant be sure.
Old 08-21-03, 02:12 PM   #6
mickythumbs

thanks for your suggestions guys i will try them out and report back