Old 09-06-09, 03:37 PM   #1
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default The Old Republic: First Trooper Footage

http://kotaku.com/5353674/first-foot...oper-in-action

OH... MY... GOD...

I need this game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 03:44 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: The Old Republic: First Trooper Footage

Meh, Other then the Star Wars coat of paint it still looks to play like every other MMO out there. =\
Old 09-06-09, 03:46 PM   #3
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Yah, doesn't look that impressive.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 03:54 PM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well, I have never played an MMO before, but that video was really awesome to me. Lovely combat.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 09-06-09, 04:04 PM   #5
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well, I have never played an MMO before, but that video was really awesome to me. Lovely combat.
Till you realize its only clicking on the enemy and selecting your attacks... no real strategy involved. I bet it will be full of grinding aswell... they all are now.
Old 09-06-09, 04:05 PM   #6
AthlonXP1800

Look interesting game, cant wait to play it. Finished both KOTOR and KOTOR 2.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 04:05 PM   #7
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Till you realize its only clicking on the enemy and selecting your attacks... no real strategy involved. I bet it will be full of grinding aswell... they all are now.
Clicking the enemy and choosing when to use what attack sounds like KotOR to me, and I thought we both loved that game.

Maybe I should trial WoW to see what that plays like.

Old 09-06-09, 04:08 PM   #8
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Clicking the enemy and choosing when to use what attack sounds like KotOR to me, and I thought we both loved that game.

Maybe I should trial WoW to see what that plays like.
It wont play like KOTOR because it wont use the DnD system. You wont be able to pause the gameplay to think moves out... It's going to play like WoW, every game tries to mimic WoW.

Old 09-06-09, 04:20 PM   #9
K007

looks like crap tbh. WoW nailed it with its system. Love the PVP!

& It was my first MMO as well.

The problem with all other MMO's is that they don't support there game after its released as much as Blizzard does, and this is where they fail.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 04:40 PM   #10
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
The problem with all other MMO's is that they don't support there game after its released as much as Blizzard does, and this is where they fail.
Clearly shows that you never played another MMO before. If anything WoW has the weakest support out of all Major MMOs. There is a reason EQ1 has been going for over 10 years now...

Heck look at Lineage 2, It has had multiple (like 5?) free expansions for the game.

The reason why WoW has had such huge success is because its easy and its made by Blizzard. Everquest was the leader but it could never attract the casual market, it was too much of a grind and time sink. WoW looked at that and made the game easy to jump in and out of which made it look far more attractive to the active person. No longer did you need to play the game like it was a second job.
Old 09-06-09, 07:47 PM   #11
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Clearly shows that you never played another MMO before. If anything WoW has the weakest support out of all Major MMOs. There is a reason EQ1 has been going for over 10 years now...

Heck look at Lineage 2, It has had multiple (like 5?) free expansions for the game.

The reason why WoW has had such huge success is because its easy and its made by Blizzard. Everquest was the leader but it could never attract the casual market, it was too much of a grind and time sink. WoW looked at that and made the game easy to jump in and out of which made it look far more attractive to the active person. No longer did you need to play the game like it was a second job.
Agreed. Blizzard really does have the weakest. Turbine with Lotro adds so much more content in their game every 3 months then Blizzard does in 2 years between expansions.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 09:29 PM   #12
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I want to make fun of off camera alpha footage too! WoW is so much awesomer looking and just betterer! I will still be playing WoW when everybody is flying Jetson cars and having sex with robots because WoW is the awesomest!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote