Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-08-09, 09:02 AM   #1
|MaguS|

Default BioWare ‘really pumped’ to work on PS3

http://www.videogamer.com/news/biowa...rk_on_ps3.html

Quote:
“It's been interesting,” he said. “It's actually been quite good. We discovered a couple of things we did were pretty beneficial. We have multiple threads going for the game and it looks really great on the PS3. You can just throw them on all different processors, for example.
Quote:
Zeschuk, however, said BioWare was not only getting to grips with the console, but discovering its advantages.

“It's not bad actually,” he said when asked about development struggle on the platform. “It's funny, we had extra graphic memory left over on the PS3. We were like, wow! So we actually started putting some of the audio bits in there and stuff. It's a function of effort. Overall, pretty happy with how it's turning out.”
Well atleast PS3 Only owners wont get a shoddy port of this RPG. Im still going for the PC version, but its good to see that they are putting out a quality multiplatform game.
Old 07-08-09, 01:06 PM   #2
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Default Re: BioWare ‘really pumped’ to work on PS3

Nice I like Bioware, but I will get this game (if) on the PC. I hope there is hope to get ME sometime soon on the PS3.
Old 07-08-09, 05:11 PM   #3
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
http://www.videogamer.com/news/biowa...rk_on_ps3.html

Well atleast PS3 Only owners wont get a shoddy port of this RPG. Im still going for the PC version, but its good to see that they are putting out a quality multiplatform game.
Erm, terminal reality said the same sh*t. Mass effect on 360 was also a f*cking joke, i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Gotta love excitable pr-speak.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 05:30 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
Erm, terminal reality said the same sh*t. Mass effect on 360 was also a f*cking joke, i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Gotta love excitable pr-speak.
I think Mass Effect was decent on the X360, especially for their first UE3. The engine is pretty flawed and they put out a great looking game that ran pretty dam well on the old white machine.

Terminal Reality are just liars though, even when caught about their BS they made BS excuses when everyone knew different, Bioware on the otherhand hasn't let us down yet.
Old 07-08-09, 09:54 PM   #5
fizzelopeguss

Hope so, i feel sorry for ps3 only owners who have had to put up with dodgy ports.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 01:43 AM   #6
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Why is it these companies always seem to need to reassure PS3 users? If it ain't we are using only 50% of the PS3 power its crap like this.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 04:00 AM   #7
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I like how many statements like this we have seen, yet at the end of the day the 360 version is better 99% of the time anyway. If you're going to talk like this, at least end up releasing a quality port.

Also, if Bioware really wants to use the PS3's abilities, it will allow for mods on the PS3 version of Dragon Age. It's not like they can't do it, as UT3 proved.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 07:32 AM   #8
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Also, if Bioware really wants to use the PS3's abilities, it will allow for mods on the PS3 version of Dragon Age. It's not like they can't do it, as UT3 proved.
Actually they mention that they are looking to put user created content on the consoles. Would be nice if that user created mapsmods using the official tools could be uploaded for approval and if approved are shared via a mod browser included with the game.

Old 07-11-09, 01:37 AM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

They'll probably release "best of" DLC packs for console... Epic did that for UT3 on PS3, they converted some of the best PC releases and released them themselves until the community got into PS3 modding.

I bet MS will bitch and moan about it though... who knows how they will work that out.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 10-17-09, 06:15 PM   #10
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Looks like PS3 owners won't see ME1/2 on their PS3. According to Bioware.

Quote:
There is a report circulating today based on an appearance I made in Poland yesterday. Seems there was a misunderstanding about ME2 coming to PS3.

Let me clarify today: ME2 is coming to PC and X360 only. Look for them both on Jan 26 in NA and Jan 29 in Europe.

Sorry for the confusion.
http://kotaku.com/5384055/mass-effec...ing-to-the-ps3

Either it's not coming at all or going to be delayed in order to have a decent port for PS3.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 06:33 PM   #11
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I doubt it is coming... I mean, anything could happen, but I doubt it, they would have made some noise by now.

Old 10-17-09, 06:40 PM   #12
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Looks like PS3 owners won't see ME1/2 on their PS3. According to Bioware.

http://kotaku.com/5384055/mass-effec...ing-to-the-ps3

Either it's not coming at all or going to be delayed in order to have a decent port for PS3.
WTF does this have to do with this thread?