Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-09-09, 03:48 PM   #25
|MaguS|

Default Re: Battlefield 1943 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
That's exactly why I had to complain a lot lately. I really don't like the current trend of making things casual and accessible. The game quality is suffering from that (or at least the things I look for in a game). I mean it's understandable that every dev or publisher wants to make money but how they do it lately is just pathetic. Re-releasing old classics, useless DLCs, casual games... they make a ton of money with that pretty easily. So why invest millions in big budget games anymore?

I don't know about you but I like investing time for a game, getting to know how it works and getting better at it. Especially in multiplayer games. I'll try the PS3 demo of this new BF game and it might be fun for a few hours but I don't think it can motivate me for more than that. It simply lacks depth...
I understand where you are coming from but it still can have a ton of depth with being easy and accessible. There are plenty of games that are easy to get into and difficult to master (God of War being one). I do fear that many developers will take advantage of DLC and see it as an easy cash cow providing us then with half assed games. I don't mind it with games like this since the game itself doesn't cost much and if its fun its at a great price.

I like both type of games, I want a game I can jump in quickly and play on days I work late and days im off I don't mind sitting down to a game that requires slow and thoughtful gameplay. It's like JRPGs and MMOs for me, I can't play them anymore because I simply just don't have the time, I love them but they demand too much time.

The thing thats pissing me off, is that you go off bitching and moaning about every game without even trying to look past something that you might see as a flaw to see if you would have fun with it first. I mean I saw your comments in the CoJ thread, you bitched about it feeling "consolized" and now after a good amount of time are enjoying it more. Thankfully you have the patience to give the game sometime and not miss out on a great game... imagine how many don't do that and pass it off as a "consolized crappy port".

In short, alot of people are becoming to hardheaded in regards to games, rather then giving a game a chance they shove it off from what they hear about the game rather then experiance.

(wow long rant there, sorry)
Old 07-09-09, 07:20 PM   #26
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Why are you concerned with realism? Was Battlefield ever realistic?
Auto heal and unlimited ammo has little to do with realism, they're just pussy ass game mechanics.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 10:39 PM   #27
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Auto heal is one of the best inventiones ever for shooters, I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, tried the PS3 demo... pretty impressive. Looks identical to the 360 game, neither has AA but both look good for download titles.

If it was my kind of game I would buy it... seems really smooth and polished.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 12:11 AM   #28
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Auto heal is one of the best inventiones ever for shooters, I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, tried the PS3 demo... pretty impressive. Looks identical to the 360 game, neither has AA but both look good for download titles.

If it was my kind of game I would buy it... seems really smooth and polished.
Agreed on regenerating health. It just makes it funner to play not having to run around looking for med kits to heal yourself, like that is real :\. "Hai giz, i gut sht n mah i, got a madkat 2 hele me ^?"
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 01:39 AM   #29
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

I have to say it translated sort of ok but it seems needlessly dumbed down. Classes gone and the player count also sticks out as it seems kind of barren compared to the BF many of us are used to. If anything it makes me want to install BF again. Also the tank is ridiculous, I tried taking out some dudes and could not for the life of me hit them and then one blew up my tank with a single nade.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 03:58 AM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I noticed it took me forever to hit things with the tank too... some kind of collision problem maybe.

It took me three rockets to blow a tank up though, so I don't think a single grenade would do it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 07-10-09, 08:07 AM   #31
ViN86

I still can't connect to the EA servers. What the f'cake?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 08:59 AM   #32
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
Auto heal and unlimited ammo has little to do with realism, they're just pussy ass game mechanics.
It's a good thing this is only your opinion then...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-09, 03:52 PM   #33
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post

Combination of regen and health blocks maybe. (resistance,riddick)
Shooters these days have degenerated into spam fiestas.

Unlimited ammo, i mean come on, that's just plain "casual" scrub faggotry.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 09:08 PM   #34
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:

I doubt they are going to change the game that much with any patches. Since you don't like it...move on.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 09:14 PM   #35
nrdstrm

Why not check it out for yourselves? Get a free download code by guessing the correct number in the contest thread

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 01:34 AM   #36
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:

Well, I only play single-player, and I find regenerating health to be much more immersive, realistic and fun. I have no real idea how it works for multiplayer.