Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-11-11, 09:26 AM   #169
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Dead Island still alive!

Here's the tool we've been waiting for..leave it to the community to fix this mess of a release.

http://www.theplaywrite.com/tools-an.../#comment-1481

UPDATE #4 11/09/2011: The fun never stops. Version 1.4 is available now, and allows you to change the weather to overcast. You can now also reselect your Dead Island folder, if you somehow managed to choose the wrong one initially.

- Added an option to enable vertical syncronization
- Added an option to disable dust
- Added an option to disable the desaturation effect
- Disabling bloom and weapon refraction now affects front30.ppfx and indoor30.ppfx
- Remove stuttering / jerkiness caused by repeated keystrokes… without using Filter Keys
- Fixes sluggish mouse in menus
- Disable / enable SSAO shader for increased performance on some configurations (NVIDIA only)
- Disable / enable motion blur, as some people just don’t like it
- NEW in v1.1: Disable / enable bloom and weapon refraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 10:50 AM   #170
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I got this, but I played Dragon Age and Dawn of War 2 instead.

Gaming magic
Probably just a case of bad taste. Pretty common and nothing to worry about

Old 09-11-11, 01:22 PM   #171
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
Probably just a case of bad taste. Pretty common and nothing to worry about

+1

I'm milking this for all it's worth. 24 hours in and just now escaping city hall.

The only showstopper bug I've run in to is clipping, if that's what this is. It's happened 3 times so far - character becomes stuck and no keys do anything - can't even get to the main menu and I have to force quit the game and restart.

Other than that, there's a definite second playthrough coming
Old 09-11-11, 01:56 PM   #172
Rummy

Despite the bugs this game is awesome. On my second play through right now. glad you're enjoying the game Grey. You can get stuck if you hit the forward slash key I have found out.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 02:02 PM   #173
Ywap

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I'm milking this for all it's worth. 24 hours in and just now escaping city hall.
It feels like i have just started but Steam says 13 hours

Sometimes i donīt do much questwise, i just enjoy the stay on this zombie infested island. Pretty lame i guess
Old 09-11-11, 02:10 PM   #174
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Despite the bugs this game is awesome. On my second play through right now. glad you're enjoying the game Grey. You can get stuck if you hit the forward slash key I have found out.
Ah, maybe that's what I'm doing and don't realize I'm hitting it. Gets kind of frantic in there sometimes
Old 09-11-11, 02:12 PM   #175
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
It feels like i have just started but Steam says 13 hours

Sometimes i donīt do much questwise, i just enjoy the stay on this zombie infested island. Pretty lame i guess
Count me in then

I love the hit and run (literally) trying to find a safe spot and a new weapon or a ladder to climb ....it's really good fun as long as I don't let myself get hemmed in by 5 or 6 of the faster zombies - some of them are frikken brutal.

Lately I climb on top of a van or something and poke at em It's really effective!
Old 09-11-11, 02:23 PM   #176
LurkerLito

I finally like the game after modding it to reduce the weapon degrading significantly. I went from not wanting to play it to I can't stop playing it after reducing that (IMO) idiotic feature constantly wasting my time going back to workbenches.

Now I have to look up how to fix the keyboard without filter keys.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-11, 03:53 PM   #177
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I finally like the game after modding it to reduce the weapon degrading significantly. I went from not wanting to play it to I can't stop playing it after reducing that (IMO) idiotic feature constantly wasting my time going back to workbenches.

Now I have to look up how to fix the keyboard without filter keys.
So basically you suck so bad at the game that you had to cheat? Sorry but never felt that weapons degraded too fast that it ruined the experiance, if anything it made it better because I always felt like I had to have multiple weapons on me. I carry 8 with me at all times, one being a gun for human enemies and another being the Developer 666 weapon for tough thugs.

I feel like most of the complaints coming from the game are from people who have not at all tried the coop aspect with a friend. I can't even play the game alone anymore, its coop or play something else for me.
Old 09-11-11, 05:48 PM   #178
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So basically you suck so bad at the game that you had to cheat? Sorry but never felt that weapons degraded too fast that it ruined the experiance, if anything it made it better because I always felt like I had to have multiple weapons on me. I carry 8 with me at all times, one being a gun for human enemies and another being the Developer 666 weapon for tough thugs.

I feel like most of the complaints coming from the game are from people who have not at all tried the coop aspect with a friend. I can't even play the game alone anymore, its coop or play something else for me.
Well said Sir Magus.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 06:45 PM   #179
LurkerLito

Quote:

Nope I am actually good at it, in 8 levels before I changed the degrading, I didn't die once. It was just so ridiculously boring a game with the weapon degrading defaults (single player, I don't care about co-op). Use the weapons and spend all your time traveling back and forth to workbenches to fix them or save the weapons (I carried 12) for when there are a lot of zombies around and just kick things to death. It was absolutely a horrible design, 3 kills even after maxing my durability skill and maxing the weapon stats and the weapon was half gone, so you had to switch or pay a fortune later to repair it. By the time I got near the quest objectives you already went through all the weapons to about half and you still have to make it back to the base for the workbench with everything respawned. Screw that. I bought this game to go kill zombies with a weapon, not go around kicking them to the ground. After playing a game that was garbage, a small change finally makes it play like a game that is fun. You don't like that tough , but for me it's better than feeling like I wasted $34 on a PoS game.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 06:47 PM   #180
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
So basically you suck so bad at the game that you had to cheat?
So just because somebody enjoys making a modification to suite their preference in play style you feel the need to draw conclusions upon, and insult, their skill level?

I boost the horsepower on some of my planes in FSX becuase I happen to like having a bit more power on tap, but that does not mean I "suck so bad at the game that I have to cheat".

I'm sorry but I see no reason to come down on somebody so harshly simply because they shared their preference with others on the forum.
EVGA Intel X58