Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-19-03, 04:41 AM   #13
Ady

I think nvnews is a good site and I don't expect it to be going anywhere. It would be good if the boys got another site under their belt though too. Good luck to em. Things are run quite well here
Old 06-19-03, 07:05 AM   #14
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
you want to blame someone, blame nvidia.

I am insulted by your post, sir.
Damn straight, how on earth can you blame us for the problems? We have no say in what NVIDIA do, so NV40 if you are looking for somebody to blame point the finger at your precious NVIDIA. I have noticed you as a blatant fanboy throughout your posting here but this just sickens me. Are you that blind that you are blaming people who decicate their spare time to this community for the problems in that company? Thanks
Old 06-19-03, 07:26 AM   #15
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Some people just have a hard time seeing the video card world without wearing their green and black colored glasses. Same goes for those whose lenses are red and white. Pretty sad really.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 07:39 AM   #16
muzz

Quote:
Originally posted by bkswaney
what about atidriverssux.com "lol"
If you mean rendering properly sux, then I will have to agree with ya..
Old 06-19-03, 07:42 AM   #17
muzz

ATinews sounds good to me Mike........( for a 2nd domain)
Of course this site will always be around, as it is a good site.
Old 06-19-03, 08:06 AM   #18
digitalwanderer

Cool Hubba-wa?

What, you folks let fanATIcs post here?!?!

I say we have us a lynching party. I'll get some rope, you guys go round up all these ATI trouble-makers and we'll have ourselves a good old fashioned lynching!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 09:27 AM   #19
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

Mike knows the purpose of this site/forum...

The admins know.

The newsposters know.

The mods know.

The seniors know.

But many (almost "most") others have become distracted with the hullabaloo that surrounds the gfx card war... and thus have become accustomed to the nature of many of the posts here. I'm not gonna comp[lain about that... it's just an observation.

Sheesh, I average only 2.6 posts a day or something. Why? Cuz:

1. I'm here to help those with "entry level-ish" card questions, mostly pertainig to nvidia cards. And a little HW stuff too...

2. I'm here to obtain advice about the same things.

3. I'm not here to vent about disappointment in a business like nvidia or ati... I work at a business I'm disappointed in (in the same way that yall have probs with ati/nv)... so I don't need to waste my brainspace on "company problems/customer deception"... my heads full enuff...

4. I'm here to have a good time, to make some friends, and to occasionaly joke around in the open forum.

5. Oh yeah, I'm here to moderate on this forum in the hardweare section, and in feedback... more lke "learning how to moderate by watching the other mods ...sittin back and observing..."

6. I'm here to *maybe* benifit the hardware enthusiast community, in any way I can.

7. I'm not here to cry foul... maybe there should be a site called www.whineaboutgrahicscardcompanies.org ...

This post is not intended to inflame anyone. Just sayin my piece.

I like nvnews and what it's really about.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 10:18 AM   #20
Hellbinder

Quote:
That's about right too. Try loading and playing Tribes2 in opengl...
It plays fine...

If you are talking about the Black screen issue with AA enabled that is an Application issue with the way Tribes accesses the Back Buffer on screen refreshes. I had a long chat with one of the Driver guys about it. He played Tribes all the time and couldnt find a work around.. so go figure..

This is the same kind of issue as the Splinter Cell AA problem. Its different but application related. The problem is that dynamix no longer exsists to address the problem.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]

Last edited by Hellbinder; 06-19-03 at 10:28 AM.
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-03, 10:27 AM   #21
Hellbinder

Quote:
Rage3D has always been known to me to be a much more biased place, very intolerant of non-fanboy opinions. Maybe that reputation is not deserved, and maybe things are different now. But even it the reputation was deserved...that is not the point.
You know I think people forget that anyone who supported ATi were in a constant battle with nearly all the hardweare sites for a little respect. You are now seeing more and more every day the fallout from Nvidia itself having to deal with not being able to have absolute control over what people think. (just my opinion).

Ati fans were mad as hell pretty much all the time becuase of the absolute universal Pro Nvidia Bias. Example.. some minor thing happens on an Ati card and there is internet wide Scoffing.. I can show you Quotes. Whereas Nvidia got pamperd and catered to at nearly every turn.

Now to be sure overall ATi was not a force to be reconed with, nor had they contributed a whole lot to the industry for a long time. So Nvidia does deserve some credit for Driving things forward the way they have. the thing is Times have changed on the Hardware, Software and APi landscape.

Its heading more towards a ballance of power and people need to start accepting that.
1Gig DDR-400
60Gig 7200RPM HD
Radeon 9600M Turbo 128 (400/250)
Catalyst 4.2
Latest good read. [url]http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTc4LDE=[/url]
Hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 10:30 AM   #22
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Rage3D has always been known to me to be a much more biased place, very intolerant of non-fanboy opinions. Maybe that reputation is not deserved, and maybe things are different now. But even it the reputation was deserved...that is not the point.
I think you're right, in general the Rage3D forum is a more biased place - Mainly due to a. Only exclusively ATi news being posted on the front page, and b. The sheer amount of traffic stemming from the fact it is the only ATi-centric forum on the Internet means that the fanboy to enthusiast ratio is higher than most other similar sites.

Personally, I think this place is great, I was more than pleasantly suprised at the amount of interesting and objective discussion that goes on here. If it was just fanboy bashing on one side or another, I wouldn't have stuck around and kept posting here.

Keep up the good work!!

Oh, and if you do set up another site... How about fanboyfights.com?
Old 06-19-03, 11:07 AM   #23
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
my feedback is that NVnews.net is not anymore the site i used to visit ,
to know more about Nvidia news without reading first exactly the THE SAME DISCUSSION , but under Dozens of Anti-Nvidia threads first ,in the Nvidia news section.

its quite IRONIc how rage3d ,only post in their headlines the positive side of ATI ,the positive news of ATI ONLY and in their FOrums everything is well controlled in benefit for ATi users. here at Nvnews even the moderators and/or ADmins are responsible for the many DIssapointed NVusers with this site. that are Extremely tolerant with ANTi-Nvidia people ,that their only intentions is not to "inform" but to FLame Nvidia users for not using ATI cards .
firstly... rage3d is practically the only real place to have an ati discussion... look @ the calibre of people who regularly visit there... it is quite good... there are many blatantly blind fanboys like yourself who do frequent the place... but there is a reason for everything...

on a daily basis you will see guy with 1 or 2 posts come out and start a thread about omg.. ati sux0rs coz of this and this.. and looking @ todays products.. being as this is not the case... pro-nvidia views such as that are not taken kindly...

there are the regular trolls and regular numbnuts who haven't a clue what they are talking about... but thats @ every site... even on this site as you should well know...

nvnews is an nvidia related forum... ergo it will report the good/the bad and the ugly... (IMO) and this is what the mods and mike have done...

I think the mods here are quite cool considering the amount of rubbish they have to go through on a daily basis... but these fanboys also bring hits to this site... make it more popular and you see more and more nvidia oriented people also coming here... that is a positive... besides. it generates more revenue

you will realise if you look that most so called ati fanboys are not really so... they happen to be critical of all hardware if it does not operate to specs... do you realise how many ati fans bash ati for incorrect implementation of SS and software truform and whatnot in the current r3xx lineup ?

if nvidia releases good hardware and the company does not employ underhanded tactics.... it will be bashed less...

blindly overlooking the NEGATIVES of any IHV is giving it a free passport to continue the crap it was engaging in before...

you yourself fail to look @ the information that many posters routinely... and pointlessly search for and provide from as unbiased a POV as possible... because since it is anti-nvidia it becomes false information

it is unfortunate but perhaps it is not so much nvidia bashing as failing to accept that perhaps there IS something wrong in what nvidia is doing... and perhaps hoping that some day this will be fixed so that we can all enjoy our purchases and games w/o having to worry about being tricked into buying hardware that does not perform as expected...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 11:28 AM   #24
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
Oh, and if you do set up another site... How about fanboyfights.com?
My vote is for "nVblues.com"...

(BTW-Good words Sazar, good words. )

EDITED BITS: www.nvlose.com ? www.nvwho.com ?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote