Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-03, 11:52 AM   #25
Matthyahuw
Registered User
 
Matthyahuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 919
Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Ati fans were mad as hell pretty much all the time becuase of the absolute universal Pro Nvidia Bias. Example.. some minor thing happens on an Ati card and there is internet wide Scoffing.. I can show you Quotes. Whereas Nvidia got pamperd and catered to at nearly every turn.
That's because nVIDIA releases a new driver set to overcome issues every week or two...you have to wait months for a new driver set with ATI cards...
__________________
Shalom!
Matthyahuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 11:55 AM   #26
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
My vote is for "nVblues.com"...

(BTW-Good words Sazar, good words. )

EDITED BITS: www.nvlose.com ? www.nvwho.com ?
I am all for www.nvSUE.com
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 12:21 PM   #27
Skuzzy
Bit Bumper
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here
Posts: 782
Default

I am reminded of a time when my kids were small. The wife would make this fantastic peanut brittle. You see, a friend of ours was a peanut farmer and would bring us fresh peanuts at harvest time.
So the peanut brittle was always top notch.
The kids loved it.

One day the farmer sold the farm and retired, so she switch to store bought peanuts. The kids started to complain. The complaints got worse with each batch.

I sat the kids down one day and told them, "You know, you're mother could be spending time doing other things than making peanut brittle for you guys. You complain about the peanuts without so much as a concern with the effort she goes through for you."

Yes, they were a little spoiled, but they got the message and all was right with the world after that.

This topic just struck a chord.
Skuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 12:40 PM   #28
Hanners
Elite Bastard
 
Hanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
That's because nVIDIA releases a new driver set to overcome issues every week or two...you have to wait months for a new driver set with ATI cards...
That's not strictly true... In fact, wait - that's not true at all.

nVidia drivers get leaked every few weeks, but official WHQL releases are few and far between. ATi on the other hand have promised to release official WHQL drivers every four weeks.


By the way, why are you trying to turn this into an IHV bashing thread? This is the Feedback forum.
__________________
Owner / Editor-in-Chief - Elite Bastards
Hanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 12:56 PM   #29
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Angry NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
nVidia drivers get leaked every few weeks
Show me the last time nVidia drivers have been "leaked every few weeks"!

nVidia has been getting stingier and stingier about their beta drivers and they've been becoming a WHOLE lot rarer to find ever since the beginning of this year!
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 02:17 PM   #30
Matthyahuw
Registered User
 
Matthyahuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 919
Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
By the way, why are you trying to turn this into an IHV bashing thread? This is the Feedback forum.
Ask HB...
__________________
Shalom!
Matthyahuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 02:22 PM   #31
Matthyahuw
Registered User
 
Matthyahuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 919
Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw
Default Re: NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Show me the last time nVidia drivers have been "leaked every few weeks"!
44.65 Detonator Jun 18, 2003

44.61 Detonator Jun 10, 2003

44.10 Detonator May 24, 2003

44.04 Detonator May 28, 2003

44.03 Detonator May 12, 2003

43.51 Detonator Apr 30, 2003

43.30 Detonator Mar 12, 2003

43.03 Detonator Mar 19, 2003

43.00 Detonator Mar 01, 2003

42.86 Detonator Feb 01, 2003

42.70 Detonator Jan 23, 2003
__________________
Shalom!
Matthyahuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 02:31 PM   #32
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default Re: Re: NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
44.65 Detonator Jun 18, 2003

44.61 Detonator Jun 10, 2003

44.10 Detonator May 24, 2003

44.04 Detonator May 28, 2003

44.03 Detonator May 12, 2003

43.51 Detonator Apr 30, 2003

43.30 Detonator Mar 12, 2003

43.03 Detonator Mar 19, 2003

43.00 Detonator Mar 01, 2003

42.86 Detonator Feb 01, 2003

42.70 Detonator Jan 23, 2003
Uhm, ok...but how many of those were actually good and were for XP/2k/9x/me?
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-03, 06:36 PM   #33
Blomman00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 23
Angry

Changing nvnews.net to an ATi site would be the most logical next step.
The reason i come here is mainly to get valuable tips/news on the graphic card i own, not to read how stupid i'am for using my card in the Nvidia forum.
The sticky "No Ati Discussions In Here" should be removed since everything there is about ATI and their fans, they have no other purpose then bashing Nvidia/Nvidia owners in any way they can.
Because most of the nvidias news these days is negative there is no reason why you're allowing the ATI-fanboys bashing Nvidia in every single thread, even the "Detonator 44.65 Feedback thread" is flooded by ATi boys.

I'm out of here, you can delete my account
Bye
Blomman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 06:54 PM   #34
vampireuk
**** Holster
 
vampireuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The armoury
Posts: 2,813
Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default

Another happy user

Please before some of you pack up and leave use some logic. NVIDIA are being bashed because there is so much against them right now. We are here for NVIDIA news!! Be it good or bad it will be discused here. If people have objections to that then quite frankly it says more about that person than the board. If you want advice and support on your card you still get 1st rate support from the users here. But with NVIDIA's latest offerings you cannot really complain about people telling the truth can you?
__________________
I put children in microwaves.
vampireuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 07:54 PM   #35
|JuiceZ|
Registered User
 
|JuiceZ|'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisville
Posts: 3,286
Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Please before some of you pack up and leave use some logic. NVIDIA are being bashed because there is so much against them right now. We are here for NVIDIA news!! Be it good or bad it will be discused here. If people have objections to that then quite frankly it says more about that person than the board. If you want advice and support on your card you still get 1st rate support from the users here. But with NVIDIA's latest offerings you cannot really complain about people telling the truth can you?
Thanks vamp.
__________________
primary MBP Core i5 2010 | HR | OCZ 120GB SSD
gaming Core i5-2500K @ 4.1GHz w/ CM Hyper212+ | MSI N560GTX-Ti TF II/OC | MSI P67A-GD55 | Silverstone FT02 | X360 250GB + Kinect
htpc IONITX-A-U | 2GB | M350 | XBMC Linux | SABnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato | NAS Synology DS411J | 4TB
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 08:22 PM   #36
digitalwanderer
 
digitalwanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Highland, IN USA
Posts: 4,944
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Another happy user

Please before some of you pack up and leave use some logic. NVIDIA are being bashed because there is so much against them right now. We are here for NVIDIA news!! Be it good or bad it will be discused here. If people have objections to that then quite frankly it says more about that person than the board. If you want advice and support on your card you still get 1st rate support from the users here. But with NVIDIA's latest offerings you cannot really complain about people telling the truth can you?
Don't worry Vamp, I ain't leaving ya!
__________________
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goodbye, Google+ News Archived News Items 0 06-08-12 05:20 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.