Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-19-03, 11:52 AM   #25
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Ati fans were mad as hell pretty much all the time becuase of the absolute universal Pro Nvidia Bias. Example.. some minor thing happens on an Ati card and there is internet wide Scoffing.. I can show you Quotes. Whereas Nvidia got pamperd and catered to at nearly every turn.
That's because nVIDIA releases a new driver set to overcome issues every week or two...you have to wait months for a new driver set with ATI cards...
Old 06-19-03, 11:55 AM   #26
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
My vote is for "nVblues.com"...

(BTW-Good words Sazar, good words. )

EDITED BITS: www.nvlose.com ? www.nvwho.com ?
I am all for www.nvSUE.com
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 12:21 PM   #27
Skuzzy
Bit Bumper

I am reminded of a time when my kids were small. The wife would make this fantastic peanut brittle. You see, a friend of ours was a peanut farmer and would bring us fresh peanuts at harvest time.
So the peanut brittle was always top notch.
The kids loved it.

One day the farmer sold the farm and retired, so she switch to store bought peanuts. The kids started to complain. The complaints got worse with each batch.

I sat the kids down one day and told them, "You know, you're mother could be spending time doing other things than making peanut brittle for you guys. You complain about the peanuts without so much as a concern with the effort she goes through for you."

Yes, they were a little spoiled, but they got the message and all was right with the world after that.

This topic just struck a chord.
Skuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 12:40 PM   #28
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
That's because nVIDIA releases a new driver set to overcome issues every week or two...you have to wait months for a new driver set with ATI cards...
That's not strictly true... In fact, wait - that's not true at all.

nVidia drivers get leaked every few weeks, but official WHQL releases are few and far between. ATi on the other hand have promised to release official WHQL drivers every four weeks.

By the way, why are you trying to turn this into an IHV bashing thread? This is the Feedback forum.
Old 06-19-03, 12:56 PM   #29
digitalwanderer

Angry NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
nVidia drivers get leaked every few weeks
Show me the last time nVidia drivers have been "leaked every few weeks"!

nVidia has been getting stingier and stingier about their beta drivers and they've been becoming a WHOLE lot rarer to find ever since the beginning of this year!
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 02:17 PM   #30
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
By the way, why are you trying to turn this into an IHV bashing thread? This is the Feedback forum.
Ask HB...
Old 06-19-03, 02:22 PM   #31
Matthyahuw

Default Re: NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Show me the last time nVidia drivers have been "leaked every few weeks"!
44.65 Detonator Jun 18, 2003

44.61 Detonator Jun 10, 2003

44.10 Detonator May 24, 2003

44.04 Detonator May 28, 2003

44.03 Detonator May 12, 2003

43.51 Detonator Apr 30, 2003

43.30 Detonator Mar 12, 2003

43.03 Detonator Mar 19, 2003

43.00 Detonator Mar 01, 2003

42.86 Detonator Feb 01, 2003

42.70 Detonator Jan 23, 2003
Old 06-19-03, 02:31 PM   #32
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: NOT TRUE!

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
44.65 Detonator Jun 18, 2003

44.61 Detonator Jun 10, 2003

44.10 Detonator May 24, 2003

44.04 Detonator May 28, 2003

44.03 Detonator May 12, 2003

43.51 Detonator Apr 30, 2003

43.30 Detonator Mar 12, 2003

43.03 Detonator Mar 19, 2003

43.00 Detonator Mar 01, 2003

42.86 Detonator Feb 01, 2003

42.70 Detonator Jan 23, 2003
Uhm, ok...but how many of those were actually good and were for XP/2k/9x/me?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 06-19-03, 06:36 PM   #33
Blomman00

Angry

Changing nvnews.net to an ATi site would be the most logical next step.
The reason i come here is mainly to get valuable tips/news on the graphic card i own, not to read how stupid i'am for using my card in the Nvidia forum.
The sticky "No Ati Discussions In Here" should be removed since everything there is about ATI and their fans, they have no other purpose then bashing Nvidia/Nvidia owners in any way they can.
Because most of the nvidias news these days is negative there is no reason why you're allowing the ATI-fanboys bashing Nvidia in every single thread, even the "Detonator 44.65 Feedback thread" is flooded by ATi boys.

I'm out of here, you can delete my account
Bye
Blomman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 06:54 PM   #34
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Another happy user

Please before some of you pack up and leave use some logic. NVIDIA are being bashed because there is so much against them right now. We are here for NVIDIA news!! Be it good or bad it will be discused here. If people have objections to that then quite frankly it says more about that person than the board. If you want advice and support on your card you still get 1st rate support from the users here. But with NVIDIA's latest offerings you cannot really complain about people telling the truth can you?
Old 06-19-03, 07:54 PM   #35
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Please before some of you pack up and leave use some logic. NVIDIA are being bashed because there is so much against them right now. We are here for NVIDIA news!! Be it good or bad it will be discused here. If people have objections to that then quite frankly it says more about that person than the board. If you want advice and support on your card you still get 1st rate support from the users here. But with NVIDIA's latest offerings you cannot really complain about people telling the truth can you?
Thanks vamp.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-03, 08:22 PM   #36
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Another happy user

Don't worry Vamp, I ain't leaving ya!
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]