Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-18-09, 09:48 PM   #1
ragbash

Default TV via S-Video not detected GeForce FX5200 on Ubuntu 8.04

I had TwinView running on this release a while back. I haven't used it in a while, as I dual-boot Windows XP..
I booted to Ubuntu and I've tried a variety of things posted on Ubuntu forums to get nvidia-settings to detect my TV to no avail. When I force nvidia-settings to detect displays, my TV just flickers and goes back to a lack of input.
My TV is connected via S-Video and turned on during the entire process. I originally had the glx driver installed from synaptic manager, but uninstalled it and reinstalled via EnvyNG to ensure I had the current version installed correctly. I had, when it was working in the past, toyed around with xinerama and xrandr, but disabled these trying to get any type of output to work now.

To start over as basically as possible, I reset my xorg.conf to default and ran nvidia-xconfig to generate a useful log file. At this point I do seem to have full functionality of the nvidia driver on my primary CRT display. I just cannot seem to get it to recognize my S-Video connected television.

Once I do get my television working, I would like to try to tackle the issue of using my primary 4:3 CRT display, while utilizing the 16:9 aspect ratio of my television, if this is possible.

One last note, the card works perfectly in both of my Windows XP installations. When booting to Windows, I am able to fully utilize all functionality of the nVidia card.. But I do need to check a box in the nVidia configuration utility to "Force display detection" (if that helps with diagnosing this)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I attached the nvidia-bug-report. Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (24.5 KB, 91 views)
ragbash is offline   Reply With Quote