Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-09, 05:25 AM   #13
nutcrackr
Super Registered User
 
nutcrackr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,210
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

wow, they didn't just add PC controls they made them sound like they worked on them. Sounds like I'll be getting it.
__________________
.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 11:45 AM   #14
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer
 
Crow_Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore, Asia
Posts: 1,418
Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Great news. Now thats what i call a PC port. I already beat the game on the 360, and i'll definitely do it once more on the PC.
__________________
Desktop
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB |
| G.Skill RipJawsX PC3 12800 4GB x 2 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD |
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |


Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |


http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 01:38 PM   #15
fizzelopeguss
Registered User
 
fizzelopeguss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 278
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

This bitch is getting so bought.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 01:49 PM   #16
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Great news. Now thats what i call a PC port. I already beat the game on the 360, and i'll definitely do it once more on the PC.
That good? I've avoided the others in the series. I'll break down and buy this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 02:11 PM   #17
Holy Smoke
Registered User
 
Holy Smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
The benchmark had major problems on ATI hardware, so hopefully this isn't a nVidia-optimized game ("TWIMTBP") at the expense of ATI.
It did? I had absolutely no problems running it on mine. My 2.6ghz C2D was CPU limited all the way up to 1680x1050 on a 4850 card. Even when I enabled 8xAA it only dropped from 60fps to about 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
That good? I've avoided the others in the series. I'll break down and buy this one.
I played RE4 a few months ago and it was probably the best single-player game I've played this year. And that includes Zelda: Twilight Princess which itself is an immensely good game.

You can imagine I'm looking forward to this one.
__________________
It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.
Holy Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 03:30 PM   #18
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smoke View Post
It did? I had absolutely no problems running it on mine. My 2.6ghz C2D was CPU limited all the way up to 1680x1050 on a 4850 card. Even when I enabled 8xAA it only dropped from 60fps to about 50.



I played RE4 a few months ago and it was probably the best single-player game I've played this year. And that includes Zelda: Twilight Princess which itself is an immensely good game.

You can imagine I'm looking forward to this one.
Was it the pc version? I only avoided it due to user feedback on the controls. And my fingers refuse to work a controller properly, so console is out.

Last edited by grey_1; 07-24-09 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 06:17 PM   #19
JohnDio
Registered User
 
JohnDio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

The Wii version of RE4 was amazing IMO. By far the best console version (in regards to control system)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 06:42 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Was it the pc version? I only avoided it due to user feedback on the controls. And my fingers refuse to work a controller properly, so console is out.
The PC version is bad for a PC version, but it's still a great version of the game, just not enhanced. Use a good controller with it and use the various mods that restore missing effect... I posted some screens of it a few months ago in the picture thread. I think it looks stunning on PC.

If you NEED great mouse control though, you might hate it. The mouse mod is bad, from what I have heard, and the game does not support it natively.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-09, 07:44 PM   #21
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smoke View Post
It did? I had absolutely no problems running it on mine. My 2.6ghz C2D was CPU limited all the way up to 1680x1050 on a 4850 card. Even when I enabled 8xAA it only dropped from 60fps to about 50.



I played RE4 a few months ago and it was probably the best single-player game I've played this year. And that includes Zelda: Twilight Princess which itself is an immensely good game.

You can imagine I'm looking forward to this one.
On a scale of epic single players games the Zelda series isn't THAT good, the rate high amoungst people who only play Nintendo consoles because... Well that's what they have to work with. Throw in The Witcher, Mass Effect, MGS, and well, Zelda and RE4 don't look to crash hot...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 07:48 PM   #22
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The PC version is bad for a PC version, but it's still a great version of the game, just not enhanced. Use a good controller with it and use the various mods that restore missing effect... I posted some screens of it a few months ago in the picture thread. I think it looks stunning on PC.

If you NEED great mouse control though, you might hate it. The mouse mod is bad, from what I have heard, and the game does not support it natively.
That's the problem - I've tried so hard to use a controller and have finally accepted the fact that I am just horrible at it.

I may get it anyway. I got used to Cold fear, which I thought was painful, so I may be able to do this too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 08:37 PM   #23
Muppet
Registered User
 
Muppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,130
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
That's the problem - I've tried so hard to use a controller and have finally accepted the fact that I am just horrible at it.

I may get it anyway. I got used to Cold fear, which I thought was painful, so I may be able to do this too.
I'm with you on this one. Controllers and First Person Shooters just don't play nicely for me. I'm still going to buy it. I can't wait to try out the 3D vision.
__________________
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 09:05 PM   #24
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I'm with you on this one. Controllers and First Person Shooters just don't play nicely for me. I'm still going to buy it. I can't wait to try out the 3D vision.
But Resident Evil isn't an FPS...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.