Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-24-09, 05:25 AM   #13
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Default Re: Resident Evil 5 PC Hands on

wow, they didn't just add PC controls they made them sound like they worked on them. Sounds like I'll be getting it.
Old 07-24-09, 11:45 AM   #14
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Great news. Now thats what i call a PC port. I already beat the game on the 360, and i'll definitely do it once more on the PC.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 01:38 PM   #15
fizzelopeguss

This bitch is getting so bought.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 01:49 PM   #16
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Great news. Now thats what i call a PC port. I already beat the game on the 360, and i'll definitely do it once more on the PC.
That good? I've avoided the others in the series. I'll break down and buy this one.
Old 07-24-09, 02:11 PM   #17
Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
The benchmark had major problems on ATI hardware, so hopefully this isn't a nVidia-optimized game ("TWIMTBP") at the expense of ATI.
It did? I had absolutely no problems running it on mine. My 2.6ghz C2D was CPU limited all the way up to 1680x1050 on a 4850 card. Even when I enabled 8xAA it only dropped from 60fps to about 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
That good? I've avoided the others in the series. I'll break down and buy this one.
I played RE4 a few months ago and it was probably the best single-player game I've played this year. And that includes Zelda: Twilight Princess which itself is an immensely good game.

You can imagine I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 07-24-09, 03:30 PM   #18
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smoke View Post
It did? I had absolutely no problems running it on mine. My 2.6ghz C2D was CPU limited all the way up to 1680x1050 on a 4850 card. Even when I enabled 8xAA it only dropped from 60fps to about 50.

I played RE4 a few months ago and it was probably the best single-player game I've played this year. And that includes Zelda: Twilight Princess which itself is an immensely good game.

Was it the pc version? I only avoided it due to user feedback on the controls. And my fingers refuse to work a controller properly, so console is out.

Last edited by grey_1; 07-24-09 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-09, 06:17 PM   #19
JohnDio

The Wii version of RE4 was amazing IMO. By far the best console version (in regards to control system)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 06:42 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Was it the pc version? I only avoided it due to user feedback on the controls. And my fingers refuse to work a controller properly, so console is out.
The PC version is bad for a PC version, but it's still a great version of the game, just not enhanced. Use a good controller with it and use the various mods that restore missing effect... I posted some screens of it a few months ago in the picture thread. I think it looks stunning on PC.

If you NEED great mouse control though, you might hate it. The mouse mod is bad, from what I have heard, and the game does not support it natively.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-09, 07:44 PM   #21
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smoke View Post

On a scale of epic single players games the Zelda series isn't THAT good, the rate high amoungst people who only play Nintendo consoles because... Well that's what they have to work with. Throw in The Witcher, Mass Effect, MGS, and well, Zelda and RE4 don't look to crash hot...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 07:48 PM   #22
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The PC version is bad for a PC version, but it's still a great version of the game, just not enhanced. Use a good controller with it and use the various mods that restore missing effect... I posted some screens of it a few months ago in the picture thread. I think it looks stunning on PC.

If you NEED great mouse control though, you might hate it. The mouse mod is bad, from what I have heard, and the game does not support it natively.
That's the problem - I've tried so hard to use a controller and have finally accepted the fact that I am just horrible at it.

I may get it anyway. I got used to Cold fear, which I thought was painful, so I may be able to do this too.
Old 07-24-09, 08:37 PM   #23
Muppet

Quote:
That's the problem - I've tried so hard to use a controller and have finally accepted the fact that I am just horrible at it.

I may get it anyway. I got used to Cold fear, which I thought was painful, so I may be able to do this too.
I'm with you on this one. Controllers and First Person Shooters just don't play nicely for me. I'm still going to buy it. I can't wait to try out the 3D vision.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 09:05 PM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I'm with you on this one. Controllers and First Person Shooters just don't play nicely for me. I'm still going to buy it. I can't wait to try out the 3D vision.
But Resident Evil isn't an FPS...