Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-14-09, 04:41 PM   #1
azanon

Default RMA a GTX275 back to Newegg?

I bought one of those combo packs where you get a video card with a "free" copy of CoD - World at War and Terminator Salvation. Anyway, when I printed out their RMA, it said $199.99 for the GTX 275 minus -99.98 for those 2 games and so it says RMA Total: $100.01 (restocking fee $15.00).

Despite that, it said that all bundled items have to be returned to get a refund.

So does this mean I'm out $100 bucks plus the $15 restocking fee???
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 05:43 PM   #2
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

Default Re: RMA a GTX275 back to Newegg?

Why not RMA it with the manufacture if the card is not working? You just have to pay shipping to them and they will send you a replacement card.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 06:25 PM   #3
azanon

Nothing's wrong with the card. I changed my mind and got a 295 instead.
Old 08-14-09, 06:40 PM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azanon View Post
Nothing's wrong with the card. I changed my mind and got a 295 instead.
Did you buy EVGA like you should have? Because then you could step up.

If not, send newegg a customer service email and ask them what you just asked us... it sounds like you are screwed though, since in essence you paid for the games and $100 less for the card.

Though why they would then ask for the games back is... puzzling.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 06:47 PM   #5
azanon

I'll just call them Monday if no one's done a video card RMA with Newegg recently. It just about wouldn't matter what card you bought from them since virtually every one of them include CoD - World at War or Farcry 2 or Terminator, so they'd so the same thing to anyone.

I know I'm going to step on some toes on this, but I owned an eVGA before and read up on that 90 day "step-up". After reading all the steps, all the waiting involved, and fine print, that looked like the largest headache in the world, and borderline scam. Based on the money you'd end up paying, one would do far better just ebaying an old card and buying a new card at Newegg prices instead of full retail eVGA prices. Also, the turnaround for ebay and buy new is basically the shipping time for Newegg to send you a new card. What card are you supposed to use if you "step up" with EVGA in the interim??

In any event, "full refund" from Newegg > step up. At least it had been up until i encountered this new issue I'm posting about. I'm going to ask them to waive the restocking fee too since I paid an extra $300 for a more expensive card.
Old 08-14-09, 08:33 PM   #6
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Well I mostly buy EVGA for their quality cards, rather than the step up, which I have never used... I was just presenting it as an option.

I hope they don't screw you on the games...
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 08:50 PM   #7
azanon

They wanted an extra $10 for the gtx 295 too (EVGA did). I went with the Zotac instead. And the Zotac included a free copy of GIRD. I imagine they're carbon copies of each others, with the exception of the logos. Zotac seems fine so far, and oh mie what a beast it is! I love how it's pretty quiet too; i wasn't expecting that.

I've only had one video card ever go bad on me... and to give ya an idea how long I've been buying them, my first 3d accelerator was a Diamond Monster Voodoo 1.