Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-25-09, 12:12 PM   #37
Logical

Default Re: Lucas Arts Announces The Force Unleashed for PC/MAC!

Theres a helluva lot better games coming to PC than this POS, the fact that Aspyr are handling the port just makes me want to throw up even more.

Bring on The Old Republic k thnx.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 01:32 PM   #38
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um no... They both looked nearly identical with the X360 having better AA yet Tearing.
According to magus, this is looking "nearly identical". lol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
Lucasarts lovin the pc crowd now.
They've had a change in company president iirc.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 01:34 PM   #39
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
They look identical as far as most people will be concerned... the 360 has better AF and AA, and contrast as usual... but the assets are exactly the same.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 01:39 PM   #40
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
They look identical as far as most people will be concerned... the 360 has better AF and AA, and contrast as usual... but the assets are exactly the same.
come on, don't make a fool of yourself like mangus just did, didn't you notice missing tie fighters?
Old 07-25-09, 01:49 PM   #41
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post

They've had a change in company president iirc.
Actually play the game and you will see it looks just as good. lensoftruth has been called out in the past for using preretail versions for their comparisons.
Old 07-25-09, 04:24 PM   #42
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

360 version looks a lot better with better textures (if you looked at both, PS3 looked washed out, missing some bump mappings and missing several assets like tie fighters) also this article is a bit outdated because nxe now allows you to install TFU on hdd so the loading is much faster.

only negative thing about 360 is screen tearing. i'm sorry but i borrowed a copy of TFU from my brother for ps3 and sadly it does look inferior to 360 version.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 04:38 PM   #43
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I never saw any missing tie fighter news or anything, or saw it myself... not exactly a huge deal anyway. I just compared the demos and they look near-identical, other than AA and AF, to me anyway.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 07-25-09, 05:39 PM   #44
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Grrr, I am really getting fed up of these guys saying NO PC EVER! Then promising us this better PC version, Then there is a 50% chance of it actually being a decent port.

Still, after all the fuss about when the game was first announced, it turned out to be not that good, so why bother? In the end most of the time you have to spam lightning as the bigger enemies just slam you when you get close.

To top it all of, the Hoth DLC will not be available for people who bought the console version unless we rebuy either the PC or NEW console version. WTF LA? WTF?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-09, 05:56 PM   #45
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I agree it was silly to deny us, then offer it up a year later, but at the same time it's funny to see people scream "WHY NOT FOR US?!?!" and then when they give it to us, "SCREW YOU WE DON'T WANT IT!!!"

Old 07-25-09, 06:45 PM   #46
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
I agree it was silly to deny us, then offer it up a year later, but at the same time it's funny to see people scream "WHY NOT FOR US?!?!" and then when they give it to us, "SCREW YOU WE DON'T WANT IT!!!"
well when the game gets lackluster reviews... and we got screwed out of it obviously they are just doing this to make a few more bones off it. So at this point - PC gamers have already been snubbed and the game was not all that, so yea, "SCREW YOU LA WE DON'T CARE NOW!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 06:59 PM   #47
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
The biggest kick in the teeth is for those who bought the original console version, only get the Tatooine DLC, to get Hoth we have to get the Sith Edition, which includes Hoth, Tatooine and the first DLC. A bigger kick in the teeth those who also bought the first DLC.

Stop kicking my teeth LA... Just stop.

I know what I'm gonna do...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 07:53 PM   #48
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Maybe people doesn't want to wait and get DLC asap? Or even bother to pay full price of re-release sith edition? Let alone we don't know how much sith edition will go for. Maybe $60? If that's the case then getting DLCs may be better while you can find TFU for $10 or so.

Also some people failed to realize the previous president of Lucasarts got replaced with someone else and finally seem to do things right. It's funny to watch/read people moaning or ranting when they know nothing what's going on.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote