Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-27-09, 02:20 PM   #61
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Lucas Arts Announces The Force Unleashed for PC/MAC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
Just don't expect too much out of it. You'll enjoy it if you don't compare it to past Jedi Knight games. Probably
The first actual optimist and he is immediately told to deflate.

The game is not BAD... it doesn't have to be just like Jedi Knight to be good... if you like whacky-whacky action games and the Star Wars universe, you will likely be in freaking heaven.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-09, 04:01 PM   #62
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's great fun fighting most baddies, it's just those (Spolier)... Are so damn annoying. Like fighting Smith in Enter the Matrix.
It tries to be like God or War, but just doesn't flow. Still great fun, does a lot of things right, voice acting is pretty decent, graphics and physics are good, force powers feel powerful. One highlight sees you doing something that really makes you feel invincible.
If it's a good port, then I'd say while it's not a must buy, it is a good buy.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 04:53 AM   #63
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

November 3rd.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 09-03-09, 03:29 PM   #64
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It better be a good port. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 10:46 PM   #65
Lfctony

I thought the game was pretty decent here. I've been hearing from some people that the team handling the PC port are not that capable. But, my hopes are high. How bad can it turn out?
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 10:53 PM   #66
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
I thought the game was pretty decent here. I've been hearing from some people that the team handling the PC port are not that capable. But, my hopes are high. How bad can it turn out?
Do you know who is porting it? Aspyr just contracts things out, as far as I know. I don't think they have actual developers.

Their port of Dark Sector was terrible, with stretched widescreen and no AA support even though the console games had AA. It wasn't Aspyr though, they contracted some Russian group to port the game and then just released it. When you send them a support request, they even tell you the Russians are the one to contact, as they have no idea about the game.

So no, I don't trust Aspyr much... that said, I would assume for this higher profile project they will get a more compotent group.

Old 09-03-09, 10:59 PM   #67
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Do you know who is porting it? Aspyr just contracts things out, as far as I know. I don't think they have actual developers.

Their port of Dark Sector was terrible, with stretched widescreen and no AA support even though the console games had AA. It wasn't Aspyr though, they contracted some Russian group to port the game and then just released it. When you send them a support request, they even tell you the Russians are the one to contact, as they have no idea about the game.

So no, I don't trust Aspyr much... that said, I would assume for this higher profile project they will get a more compotent group.
I think Aspyr are actually porting it as well. That's what Shacknews reported. I'll see if I can find the official announcement. Below are what gaming sites say:

Quote:
The Sith Edition is set to include all past DLC for the title, plus a Hoth level exclusive to the package. The special edition will also make an appearance on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, with Aspyr Media handling the Mac/PC port.
Quote:
Developed for PC and Mac and published in North America by Aspyr, Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

Boycott Starforce...

Old 09-03-09, 11:09 PM   #68
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Developed and published by Aspyr... ok then, I am more optimisitic.

Old 09-04-09, 09:52 AM   #69
|MaguS|

Anyone try the new DLC on the consoles? I saw it on the PSN...
Old 09-04-09, 10:02 AM   #70
Lfctony

No point really. You'll be missing the last part of the story... I prefer to save my money when the full version comes out and get that one instead.

Boycott Starforce...

Old 09-04-09, 10:55 AM   #71
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
No point really. You'll be missing the last part of the story... I prefer to save my money when the full version comes out and get that one instead.
Yeah Im gonna get it for the PC since I already own it on the PS3... don't want the same game twice on the same system... already did that acouple of times on the PS2 (stupid Persona rerelease!)
Old 09-05-09, 06:28 AM   #72
Atomizer

Yeah, I wont be getting this, though this shouldnt be a suprise to anyone, MS started it with Halo, "xbox exclusive"(when it used to be PC and Mac only), then suddenly a year or 2 later it comes to pc, then for Halo 2 "no srsly guyz, xbox exclusive", few other games(I think Mass Effect did it too), and now with this.
The thing I think most people were in an uproar about wasnt the fact that they said pcs wouldnt be getting it, its because they said the pc "couldnt handle it", that was their reason. (Then they turned around and made ps2, psp etc versions)
I will take a little truth thanks
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote