Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-05-09, 08:24 AM   #73
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Lucas Arts Announces The Force Unleashed for PC/MAC!

PS2 and PSP versions are nothing like 360 and PS3.

I feel your pain though, especially when I usually buy for PC. A game comes along and states console only! I think, ok will buy for PS3 or 360.

6 months later. PC version announced. WTF, I layed out 100AUD on that WTF :: sad crainger.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 03:09 PM   #74
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Yeah, I wont be getting this, though this shouldnt be a suprise to anyone, MS started it with Halo, "xbox exclusive"(when it used to be PC and Mac only), then suddenly a year or 2 later it comes to pc, then for Halo 2 "no srsly guyz, xbox exclusive", few other games(I think Mass Effect did it too), and now with this.
The thing I think most people were in an uproar about wasnt the fact that they said pcs wouldnt be getting it, its because they said the pc "couldnt handle it", that was their reason. (Then they turned around and made ps2, psp etc versions)
I will take a little truth thanks
Well, you can choose to be upset over just about any game's PR campaign... PR is annoying, marketing is annoying. In the end though, especially with Halo and Mass Effect, those are great PC games you should play.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 08:13 PM   #75
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well, you can choose to be upset over just about any game's PR campaign... PR is annoying, marketing is annoying. In the end though, especially with Halo and Mass Effect, those are great PC games you should play.
Mass Effect is a game I own on PC and have enjoyed, Halo I also own, but its mediocore as far as PC shooters go, it might have been ok if it kept its original PC/Mac release schedule, but we will never know.
In truth, I dont care about this game anymore, and infact the only reason I even cared about it in the first place was because of the physics and AI tech they were introducing(upon watching the early techdemos with different material types with destruction etc).
I just have to laugh at what marketing will do to try and make extra sales, cause honestly, everyone knew what they said was bull from the start, thats how crazy their statement was, but the main thing with all these "console exclusive" claims then later bringing it to PC anyway, is they make the sales on consoles, and then people who prefer PCs, will buy it again, they make 2 sales off the same person, where as if it was on PC from the start, there would be reduced console sales, and probably the same PC sales(though, I would have bought it if it had of released on PC with no bs), not to mention the console versions are $20 more expensive then the PC versions(here at least, most console games are $100-$120, while PC games are $80-$100), thats what marketing is all about.
And my lack of purchase likely wont impact them at all, I know that, but I am still not getting it(and no it has nothing to do with me not having any money right now )
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 05:39 PM   #76
backfiggen
*synth solo*

They posted the system requirements on their page now.

Quote:
PC Minimum System Requirements

* Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2. Windows 7
* CPU Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2)
* Memory: 2 GB RAM
* Hard Disk Space: 23.8 GB + 1 GB Swap File
* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 256 MB Video Memory with Shader 3.0 support
* Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2900
* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8800
* Media Required: 8X DVD-ROM drive
* Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard or Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller

This product does not support Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT.
Recommended System Requirements

* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 5200+
* 512 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card
* Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 4870
* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 9800 GT
* Memory: 2 GB RAM

NOTICE: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX compatibility.
Supported Desktop Chipsets

* ATI RADEON HD 2900, 3850, 3870, 4850, 4870
* NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800, 9600, 9800, 260, 280

NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives.

Mac requirements coming soon!
http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/117

Quote:
* Hard Disk Space: 23.8 GB + 1 GB Swap File
Quote:
PC Minimum System Requirements
* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8800
Quote:
Recommended System Requirements
* Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 9800 GT

Steam | XBL/GfWL
backfiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 05:44 PM   #77
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

so those are the specs of the super duper magic computer that previously no one had and were to powerful for any mortal to have to power their super demanding game
Old 10-15-09, 06:03 PM   #78
|MaguS|

Oh god... PC is going to get the PS2 version of the game.
Old 10-15-09, 07:58 PM   #79
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
so those are the specs of the super duper magic computer that previously no one had and were to powerful for any mortal to have to power their super demanding game
Well, at the time it came out comps of that level were probably 1% of the market, but yeah.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 08:59 PM   #80
Redeemed

Those are actually pretty hefty specs. Requiring an 8800 as a *minimum*? I'm surprised how this couldn't run on the likes of a 7600 with lowest settings. I mean, my 7800GS plays through L4D 100% maxed with 4xAA/16xAF, vsync + triple buffering... @ 1024x768.

Even still, I'd not expect the 8800s to be the *minimal requirement* to run the game. You can run Crysis on less for crying out loud.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-09, 09:23 PM   #81
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Aspyr + PC port = bad news.

Still, I am hopeful.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 10:32 PM   #82
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Well, at the time it came out comps of that level were probably 1% of the market, but yeah.
Are you nuts or just plain misinformed? 1% with Dual Cores and an 8800 in Sep 2008? 2 years after the release of both the 8800 and the Core 2 Duo? A whole year and a half after Quad Cores? You really are buying their crap...

I'm sorry guys, but that's still bull. The game originally came out when the i7 and the 4870/GTX280 were out. I don't buy it for one second that this was not worth doing for the PC one year ago because systems couldn't handle it... Heck, Aspyr is terrible. If a better company was doing it, we'd need 2/3rds of those specs...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 10:37 PM   #83
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

The 8800 GTX came out in like December 2006 if I'm not mistaken, and I personally had a dual core E6400 back in like summer 2006 when they first came out.

The funny thing is that "minimum" specs is a 8800 card, but the recommended is 9800 GT. Sup with that? Not to mention the fact that apparently it's 25 gigs, like what the frick?

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 12:07 AM   #84
Atomizer

I think they are covering their rear with those specs, yet at the same time, they are giving a reasonable expectation, id suspect that a 8800GTX with a decent dual core will play it perfectly, so if someone with lesser specs gets lag the reason is they dont meet the minimums.
Either that or they havent bothered optimizing for PC so it runs like crap, also the most likely option....
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote