Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-17-09, 09:22 PM   #97
Atomizer

Default Re: Lucas Arts Announces The Force Unleashed for PC/MAC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Sample of 15 million? Last I checked the PC market was 100 million plus... reduces those numbers you posted by 85%.
Youll never get 100% of the markets numbers, 15million is a sizable portion, the real question you should be asking is, since steam is for "gamers", generally "gamers" tend to have better computers then the general public, and thus steams numbers might be skewed towards higher end hardware, thats how I see it.
However, unfortunately most publishers dont seem to target "gamers" anymore......
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 09:28 PM   #98
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Youll never get 100% of the markets numbers, 15million is a sizable portion, the real question you should be asking is, since steam is for "gamers", generally "gamers" tend to have better computers then the general public, and thus steams numbers might be skewed towards higher end hardware, thats how I see it.
However, unfortunately most publishers dont seem to target "gamers" anymore......
So they take a portion smaller then the whole and smaller then the average gamer on PCs (Sims have sold more then 15 million worldwide). It's a flawed survey that in now way can judge the PC Gaming market.
Old 10-17-09, 11:37 PM   #99
K007

dont forget about wow.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 02:58 PM   #100
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i forgot about this game completely..
That's why fewer and fewer games make it to PC... Your bad memory is letting us all down.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 08:03 AM   #101
Lfctony

Quote:
Sample of 15 million? Last I checked the PC market was 100 million plus... reduces those numbers you posted by 85%.
Actually, you are still using false logic. If 3 million in 15 had the min. video card, how many million would that be in 100? That's about 6+ times more. It actually multiplies the available computers in the WORLD (since you want to take it there) that could handle the game last year by 6. So... 30% of 100 million (as you so very correctly stated) thats 30 million people that met the video card requirement...

I'm actually surprised that any person could actually buy this PR crap...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 11:40 PM   #102
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Actually, you are still using false logic. If 3 million in 15 had the min. video card, how many million would that be in 100? That's about 6+ times more. It actually multiplies the available computers in the WORLD (since you want to take it there) that could handle the game last year by 6. So... 30% of 100 million (as you so very correctly stated) thats 30 million people that met the video card requirement...

I'm actually surprised that any person could actually buy this PR crap...
You know as well as I, if lucas arts thought they could sell enough on the PC back when it came out, they would have had it ready for the PC too. The fact is, the majority of the market couldn't run it on their PC smoothly.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 03:41 AM   #103
Atomizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So they take a portion smaller then the whole and smaller then the average gamer on PCs (Sims have sold more then 15 million worldwide). It's a flawed survey that in now way can judge the PC Gaming market.
Honestly, PC gamers are on steam, I am talking about real gamers, not the people who do nothing but play flash games on websites, or play solitaire, or play console games exclusively, I cant imagine a real PC gamer not having steam, however, if someone considers themselves a real PC gamer and dont have steam, feel free to tell me im wrong(and point out what games you play right now)
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 04:05 AM   #104
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfiggen View Post
They posted the system requirements on their page now.

http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/117
Cool! so now my laptop meets the recommended reqs for graphics!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-09, 05:58 AM   #105
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I'm worried that this game is not going to receive a proper PC release.

1. There's been zero talk outside of the specs & new Sith "version" stuff from Aspyr or LucasArts for that matter.

2. The specs themselves are questionable: 23.8GB? Do we really need uncompressed textures?

Just a funny thing I noticed that they've actually posted straight-up Windows BMP files as screen shots. I mean I understand they are a game dev, but seriously how long does it take to convert to at least a lossless PNG or hq JPEG? Can't afford anything better than Windows Paint? Try GIMP! :P

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see this game do well on PC. With the releases coming in the next month, and the fact that console gamers got the shaft DLC-wise (and are bitter about it). I just don't see a whole lot of gamers shelling out the dough for something like this.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 06:09 AM   #106
K007

maybe its uncompressed movies...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 06:33 AM   #107
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
maybe its uncompressed movies...
There's really no need for uncompressed movies, and to add so much storage just for movies would be just bad business, extra pressing costs, extra cost for disc storage media. Of course the same could be said for the need for uncompressed textures.

I guess we'll see exactly why in a little under 2 weeks.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-09, 08:14 AM   #108
Lfctony

Quote:
You know as well as I, if lucas arts thought they could sell enough on the PC back when it came out, they would have had it ready for the PC too. The fact is, the majority of the market couldn't run it on their PC smoothly.
Again, not a fact. The fact is, Lucas said (I call bull) that PCs could not run it at the time. The surveys indicate otherwise. The survey is a fact, and what LA said is a fact. The fact is that LA didn't know how many PCs out there could run the game, they assumed. And based on the hardware of that time and the surveys, they were downright wrong. If they wanted to sell on the PC, why didn't they release the Wii/PS2 version on the PC? Or PCs couldn't handle that either? Freaking Crysis came out in 2007 and exceeded 1 million sales in 2 months time. You're telling me this game is more demanding than Crysis? That people could run Crysis but not Force Unleashed?

The point is they wouldn't sell it because they wanted to pimp the console versions and force eveyone to buy the game since piracy would be less. They've sold the bugger as much as they could, now they're re-releasing it with one extra exclusive level, so enthusiasts and people that never bothered with it the first time will buy it again. It's called scheming. An elaborate scheme to get even more of people's money. Sadly, it works...

They should have come out and said that they won't do it because of piracy, the real issue at hand. They would receive some flak and then people would forget it. Not bullsh*t people around...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote