Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-29-09, 11:04 PM   #49
pakotlar

Default Re: Justifying A GeForce GTX 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentBill View Post
Thankfully we have the Internet for people to outlet their stupidity and penchant for misjudgement so people like xion don't make fools of themselves out in the RW (though some act this way anyways). Anonymity
Yeah its great to get judged like that. It's human nature, people are like this, nothing particular about xion. I'm looking at my 4th surgery in 2 years its not a lot to look forward to; ambien helps me sleep and I guess its a weakness that needs to be pointed out and shat on.

Anyways, seeker, I think that the point was that by bypassing the audio routing question you can get the graphic driver to stop searching for an audio signal and correctly detect the display.

edit: About HDMI: Seeker they all "support" it, because HDMI is 100% signal compatible with DVI's video signal, but very few manu's actually include HDMI built into the board (though some include HDMI adapters). I think at most we're seeing display port outs on GT200 & R770/790, but most of them are dual link dvi w/ audio pass through and HDCP capabilities, so that adapters will work. Clearly the only use for HDMI in the computer space is for HTPC designations. Most 4870's are like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0QADK which is why I said to check out if anyone makes HDMI variants of these products.
Old 07-30-09, 12:06 AM   #50
pakotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker View Post

But, this doesn't work. With a DVI-DVI connection I get a good display, but with a DVI-HDMI connection I get a black screen. The reason that this is an issue is because I now want another monitor for a dual display. I guess that I could connect the second monitor in the same fashion as I did the first, but I have a $50 dollar DVI-HDMI cable collecting dust in the closet that I really would like to use.

If Acer is right that I can't connect the video card to the monitor with this cable, then I would like to understand what purpose is there in monitor even having an HDMI connector? unless it is strictly for connecting some other device besides a PC, and I would also like to know why they even sell a DVI-HDMI cable, if there is no practical use for it?
Hey man, I missed this for some reason. The only way that your display is drawing blank is either because it is missing some HDCP flag (which isn't possible, since I don't believe HDCP flags are implented until 2010?), or the display driver isn't outputting the signal properly.

Check this out: could be a mismatch in DVI types of your adapter? http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=2214238

If a 7900GS works properly with DVI->HDMI then your G80 most certainly does. Or should rather. Sorry you're having problems buddy.

Here's a possibility too: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r227...th-DVI-to-HDMI

I guess you're right about my spdif fix. It should work without it. However, I still get this nagging feeling that part of the signal to the display issue may have something to do with the driver trying to send an audio stream, the tv/monitor expecting to see an audio stream, one or the other. Fixing that in reg couldnt hurt.

I read in your other post you're running this may be an issue with your monitor? If not see if there is a PC-input labeled HDMI input option. Other than that I'd say it's definetely either a flag issue with the monitor or a mismatched DVI to HDMI adapter.
Old 07-30-09, 05:55 AM   #51
john19055

The GTX 275 is a great card ,but with the prices of the ATI HD 4890 under $200 and some low as $170 ,IMO the HD 4890 is just a better deal.
Intel i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16gigs G.Skill PC1600DDR3+2-ASUS DirectCU II GTX-670 in SLI+Crucial 256g-SSD+1-3Gig Seagate+2- Samsung 1-TB+3-WesternDigtial 640g+LG-12x Blu-Ray Burner+850watt XFX+Antec-P280 case+50" Plasma PM6700+Logitech Mouse+Keyboard+Pioneer VSX-1020+Polk Audio Speakers
john19055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 10:12 AM   #52
gstanford

Perhaps your current card and monitor/tv are not handshaking correctly. You could try running through a HDMI switch box to see if that helps. its worth a try.

http://www.curtpalme.com/HDMI_Switch.shtm

http://www.curtpalme.com/MUX-HD.shtm

Primary rig:
CPU: Intel i7 2600K
Cooler: Cooler MAster Hyper 212+
Motherboard Asrock z68 Extreme 4
Memory: 8gb Corsair DDR-3 1333
Video: 2x Galaxy GTX 670 reference 2gb
PhysX: Gainward GTX 460 SE 1gb
Video Capture: Compro E-700 DVB-T PCI-e
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
Monitor: Samsung 305T 30"
Case: Coolermaster stacker 830
Hard drives: 5x 500gb seagate SATA (non raid)
Burner: Samsung SH-S18L
OS: Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
MS Sidewinder Joystick
Logitech G25 wheel
Logitech 5.1 speaker system
gstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 07:05 PM   #53
Blacklash
8^9^3

Honestly, guys I've tested games with SLi off and a GTX 260 Core 216 @ about 660|2300 pushes everything well @ 1920x unless you are running very high levels of AA. Yes, there are exceptions like if you try to run Crysis all VH. You could do it fine with a mix of VH and High though.

I'd say buy what you like. You aren't going to feel the FPS difference between a stock 275 and an overclocked HD 4890.

If you get the 275 if leaves the door open for SLi and PhysX. Again, I've had way better luck with nVidia multi-GPU. With Crossfire; profiles were late, sometimes they'd break old game profiles with new drivers, and I had more odd graphics glitches with it. Also I like that nVidia lets you assign your rendering mode; AFR1, AFR2, or SFR.

The above isn't the "objective truth", I'm just relating my experiences and opinion.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 08:44 PM   #54
BelligerentBill
Bumbling Idiot

Hey does anyone here have one of those AMD/ATI 4890 cards and play the game Titan Quest or Titan Quest Immortal Throne? I would like to see a screenshot of the game in action in an area with alot of shadows with the game quality settings maxed out with a resolution of 1680x1050 or 1440x900. In the ATI Control Panel no AA but AF at 16x.

I'm curious to see if ATI has implemented better shadowing techniques since I last owned an ATI card because I will have a friend of mine buy a 4890 if they have. I'm going to be building him a PC and would certainly like to save him a few bucks on the video card and opt for a faster processor and better motherboard.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the means to produce a screenshot of this.

Note: the shadowing issues I had were not game specific, but in this game it really detracted from my enjoyment of the game which is why I would like it as a reference point.

I probably could and might still request this on an ATI centric forum but I thought I could kill two birds with one stone here
Old 08-03-09, 05:37 PM   #55
BelligerentBill
Bumbling Idiot

I wonder if our ATI fanboi's are still around.... they should run and hide

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1027/1/

LOLZ
Old 08-03-09, 06:28 PM   #56
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Im gonna buff em.

I heard this card was the best for the money atm.

I was going to get em to save some dollor bill but oh well.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB