Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-09, 12:21 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default And it's starts again........... sims....

EA Reveals the Sims 3 World Adventures

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Sims are off on an adventure to famous destinations around the world! The EA Play Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS - News) today announced that The Sims™ 3 World Adventures, the first expansion pack* to the #1 best-selling PC and MAC game in June 2009**, The Sims 3, is in development and will ship to retailers worldwide the week of November 16, 2009.

{"s" : "erts","k" : "c10,l10,p20,t10","o" : "","j" : ""} “We’re thrilled with the global success of The Sims 3 over these last few months and are looking forward to expanding on the gameplay experience with one of the most robust expansion packs to The Sims yet,” said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims at EA. “Players will be able to take their Sims on the adventure of a lifetime and explore lands outside of Sunset Valley and Riverview, pursue thrilling new life destinies in locations around the world inspired by famous destinations, and immerse themselves in the open-ended gameplay where they’ll discover new cities in China, France, and Egypt, and share new stories.”

Players can take their Sims on new journeys to famous real-world inspired destinations around the globe for the first time ever and seek out new adventures. While exploring the landmarks of an exotic city, there is no telling what the Sims will find. From mastering martial arts in Shang Simla, China, discovering rich culture and famous landmarks on a romantic getaway to Champs Les Sims, France or exploring the depths of ancient tombs in Al Simhara, Egypt, players can take their Sims on a journey that will change their Sims’ lives. Players can accept challenges to search for secret treasures, learn new skills and chase down new personal opportunities, meet new Sims with unique personalities, share their culture and bring them home, discover new styles on their travels, and share everything they encounter on their adventures with the world through personal photographs, movies, and stories. Additionally, players will receive 1,000 SimPoints to be used online in The Sims 3 Store*** for the PC/MAC versions of the game. Exclusive online content, available only for the expansion pack at launch, will be revealed soon.

The Sims 3 World Adventures will also be available for feature phones, the iPhone™ and iPod touch® in early 2010 from EA Mobile™. These versions will have customized mobile gameplay features which will be revealed in the coming months. For information on carrier availability and pricing for all EA Mobile games, please visit www.eamobile.com.

For more information about The Sims 3 World Adventures or The Sims 3, please visit www.TheSims3.com. Developed by The Sims Studio, The Sims 3 World Adventures has not yet been rated by the ESRB. To download artwork, please visit www.info.ea.com.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/EA-Rev....html?x=0&.v=1
Old 08-03-09, 03:16 PM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: And it's starts again........... sims....

crainger will be all over this.

Wait... What?!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 03:19 PM   #3
lduguay
Un-Ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Developed by The Sims Studio, The Sims 3 World Adventures has not yet been rated by the ESRB. To download artwork, please visit www.info.ea.com.
Will be banned in Crainger's land

Evga X58|I7 965 3.8GHz|Ultra 120 Extreme|Evga GTX 480 SC|2 x Intel X25-M 80GB RAID 0|Intel 520 - 240 GB|WD Black Caviar 1TB|6GB Corsair XMS3 1600C8 |Corsair 1000W PSU|Antec Twelve-Hundred|DELL U3011|Logitech G500|Logitech G19
lduguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 05:02 PM   #4
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot with this continuous strategy. Guitar Hero / Rock Band learned the lesson by over saturating the market, and at some point the same may happen for The Sims. I may be wrong, I'm not an educated market analyst, but the possibility is certainly there.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 05:24 PM   #5
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco View Post
I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot with this continuous strategy. Guitar Hero / Rock Band learned the lesson by over saturating the market, and at some point the same may happen for The Sims. I may be wrong, I'm not an educated market analyst, but the possibility is certainly there.
Guitar Hero learned the lesson by over saturating the market? Really? Guitar Hero still comes out with a "new" game like every 3 months. Hasn't there been 2 released, with a third a month or two away?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 08:45 PM   #6
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Well, Guitar Hero/Rockband will learn the lesson eventually... maybe... we hope...

"Music game" fans seem pretty gullible... they pay $2 a piece for hundreds of new tracks, as well as $150 for the original game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 01:49 AM   #7
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lduguay View Post
Will be banned in Crainger's land
ESRB is US

We have OFLC. They suck my balls, both of them.

I'd like to see them ban a Sims Expansion. Mother, gfs and daughters everywhere will begin a murderous rampage we've not seen in this country for over 5 days.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 05:51 AM   #8
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

i hope OFLC bans sims, that would be awesome

Old 08-04-09, 10:12 AM   #9
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Guitar Hero learned the lesson by over saturating the market? Really? Guitar Hero still comes out with a "new" game like every 3 months. Hasn't there been 2 released, with a third a month or two away?
That doesn't mean they keep selling as well:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/22/gu...iscent-of-ddr/
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote