Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-05-09, 06:49 PM   #1
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console version"

Check, check it: http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-p...s-142856.phtml

Ignore the idiot "reporter" who talks about KB&M being worse than a controller and for noobs... he's a professional idiot (his reviews are even worse).

Good news.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 07:01 PM   #2
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console verion"

Borderlands look okay, from what I have read / seen. It could be good but I'm more interested in RAGE more.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 07:06 PM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well Borderlands will probably release a year before Rage, so you can play both!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 08-05-09, 07:32 PM   #4
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

The new art direction makes me feel about the same as old D2 fans atm. BUT......I will be getting this game regardless. Co-op is the wave of the future for gaming to me, sure flashy graphics and other bells n whistles, but co-op is you and your buddy(ies). Nothing beats that as far as gaming goes...this being my opinion.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 07:44 PM   #5
pakotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Borderlands look okay, from what I have read / seen. It could be good but I'm more interested in RAGE more.
The game looks interesting, but **** that art style. It looks awful. It used to look great why is rotoscoping such a popular phenomenon. It barely works for Philip K. Dick novels, and certainly does not for arbitrary reasons. The fact the main selling point is that its "cool and all the textures are hand-painted!" just shows me that Gearbox needs new PR guys.
Old 08-05-09, 08:44 PM   #6
Zhivago
*BANNED*

"The Gearbox boss then tried to choose between PCs and consoles: "It’s tough. It’s very tough, I’ll tell ya. On one level I do like sitting on my couch with the surround sound and the wireless controller, on the other level I mean you will not get a better-looking image than in the PC version of the game."

I wish this mentality would go away - it is just as easy to buy a wireless 360 controller and play a PC game on a couch. My PC is hooked up to my HDTV and I am reclining in my Lazy-Boy chair as I type this, in fact.
Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 08:51 PM   #7
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well I think most PC gamers use their computer for other things as well, and need to have it at a desk in an office or somesuch thing... that is probably more where the thought of consoles being for the living room comes from, rather than technical issues with having a PC in a living room.

I actually could easily put my rig on the TV... we have a laptop as well and I could put that at the desk for printing and such... but I personally like going in another room and playing games away from the living room... I consider it an asset to PCs as a gaming platform.

Side note: later in that same quote he says KB&M is much better for shooters, which hopefully means we get awesome controls for Borderlands.

Old 08-05-09, 08:52 PM   #8
ViN86

Did I read that correctly?

The reviewer said that an FPS game (L4D) is not comfortable with a KB&M?

WOW

FPS's are DESIGNED for KB&M.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-09, 08:55 PM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Did I read that correctly?

The reviewer said that an FPS game (L4D) is not comfortable with a KB&M?

WOW

FPS's are DESIGNED for KB&M.
Yeah, he's an idiot. Literally every post he makes on that site annoys me.

I played the Left 4 Dead demo on 360 and it was freaking TERRIBLE to control. Just terrible... and that comes from someone who plays a good number of console shooters.

Old 08-05-09, 08:55 PM   #10
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, he's an idiot. Literally every post he makes on that site annoys me.

I played the Left 4 Dead demo on 360 and it was freaking TERRIBLE to control. Just terrible... and that comes from someone who plays a good number of console shooters.
I didn't have a mouse but I had my laptop and a 360 controller one time. So I used the controller, and holy ****, that was the worst thing ever on L4D.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 09:32 PM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
So I played L4D, and holy ****, that was the worst thing ever.
Fixed.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 10:01 PM   #12
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakotlar View Post
The game looks interesting, but crap that art style. It looks awful. It used to look great why is rotoscoping such a popular phenomenon. It barely works for Philip K. Dick novels, and certainly does not for arbitrary reasons. The fact the main selling point is that its "cool and all the textures are hand-painted!" just shows me that Gearbox needs new PR guys.
Agreed. Just can't get into the visuals like they are. Bring on Rage.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote