Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-05-09, 09:45 PM   #13
pakotlar

Default Re: Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console verion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I didn't have a mouse but I had my laptop and a 360 controller one time. So I used the controller, and holy ****, that was the worst thing ever on L4D.
AWFUL. Controller only works for really specifically designed shooters, slow paced, forgiving, relying on atmosphere over interaction. I mean I enjoyed it in Gears and Mass Effect, though really neither of those is an FPS.

But in HL2? L4D? It's barely passable.
Old 08-05-09, 10:02 PM   #14
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Fixed.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 11:16 PM   #15
egamer11

Default Re: Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console version"

i wiil destroy him
egamer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 12:43 AM   #16
pakotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by egamer11 View Post
i wiil destroy him
That's so gay
Old 08-06-09, 03:55 AM   #17
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

at least he's honest
Old 08-06-09, 08:04 AM   #18
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
PC fans can now preen their feathers and get all smug.
He sounds butthurt.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 10:01 AM   #19
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Check, check it: http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-p...s-142856.phtml

Ignore the idiot "reporter" who talks about KB&M being worse than a controller and for noobs... he's a professional idiot (his reviews are even worse).

Good news.
Basically you're saying "Awesome article because I agree with the title, but he's still an idiot for disagreeing with me on that point!"
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 10:24 AM   #20
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
He sounds butthurt.
he looks like a comic book guy

Old 08-06-09, 11:03 AM   #21
Kaguya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
"The Gearbox boss then tried to choose between PCs and consoles: "Itís tough. Itís very tough, Iíll tell ya. On one level I do like sitting on my couch with the surround sound and the wireless controller, on the other level I mean you will not get a better-looking image than in the PC version of the game."

I wish this mentality would go away - it is just as easy to buy a wireless 360 controller and play a PC game on a couch. My PC is hooked up to my HDTV and I am reclining in my Lazy-Boy chair as I type this, in fact.
You mean PCs can go anywhere!?

I agree with you here... people just can't think out of the box. I personally have mine in my office because I don't have to share my monitor with the others in my house, but if it was just me, I'd definitely have it on my HDTV.

The problem is that people don't think beyond the 'beige box' with respect to computers... there's so many great small form factor cases, or even cases built for a Home Theatre PC that would fit right in next to your consoles and other stereo equipment... PCs can be ANYTHING, which is why I think they are the real future not consoles (a console is an appliance, a PC is a tool). Not that I have a problem with consoles, but if the 'masses' would understand and imagine having PCs installed everywhere or anywhere in their homes, that could do anything including play games, and be upgraded incrementally as they see fit, then consoles would simply lose their appeal.

/rant off..

Otherwise, I'm glad that this game isn't being dumbedd-down for PC. I don't find the fact that the graphics and/or controls are better on PC as being a real big deal, but the fact that the PC version is being acknowledged at all is good news - usually it's the console version and a little "Oh, yeah, it's coming to PC too - not sure when, but it will, and maybe it'll be good... we're not porting it ourselves".
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 11:15 AM   #22
newparad1gm

Sounds good, amazed that a developer is actually willing to promote one platform over another instead of the standard PR that all platforms will be equal and you will get the same experience.

Another argument I wish to debunk is the perceived lack of co-op or same room multiplayer on the PC. I have two gaming machines in the same room, and when buddies come over, we start both up and have a pretty sweet gaming experience competitively or cooperatively. And with a 360 controller, a game like Left 4 Dead or Serious Sam can even handle splitscreen multiplayer on the same machine, especially when I output to the TV. And Street Fighter IV on the PC can handle same machine multiplayer when two controllers are plugged in.

With the versatility of the PC, the only real difference b/w consoles and PC is the cost, ease of access, and visual fidelity. All this other crap about control schemes, being in the living room, multiplayer with buddies, sitting on the couch, is not exclusive to any system.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 12:26 PM   #23
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Basically you're saying "Awesome article because I agree with the title, but he's still an idiot for disagreeing with me on that point!"
That doesn't make him incorrect for pointing that out.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 04:29 PM   #24
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
It was the only article I saw mention the quote... I would have linked to a different one if I saw one at the time.

And no matter what topic it is, no matter what platform it is, that writer is an idiot. Are you seriously defending the idea that mouse aiming is for noobs who need an easy game?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote