Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-06-09, 04:46 PM   #25
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console version"

PC 4 Life hommie!

If you play on consoles than GTFO from my street punk!
Old 08-06-09, 10:34 PM   #26
Medion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post

And no matter what topic it is, no matter what platform it is, that writer is an idiot. Are you seriously defending the idea that mouse aiming is for noobs who need an easy game?
Mouse aiming is easier than unassisted gamepad aiming. No, the type of aiming for noobs is the whole console scheme of "shoot the left side of the screen, and you'll usually hit the arget on the left side."

I personally find aiming easier with a mouse, but movement, and firing while strafing, easier on a gamepad. When I played Q3 Arena on Dreamcast, I'd use the analog stick and d-pad of the gamepad in my left hand, and the mouse in my right hand.

Regardless, his opinion, no matter how unorthodox, is no less valid than yours.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 10:56 PM   #27
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I think saying Left 4 Dead controls better on 360 is wrong... I don't care if it is an opinion, it is still wrong. I've been playing console and PC shooters for 10 years now and I know dual analog can work well when the game is designed for it, but Left 4 Dead was HORRID on 360, in all aspects but especially in controls. It is wrong to say otherwise, flat-out... if that makes me an ass, so be it.

Same thing if someone said RTS games control better on 360, that would be wrong, no matter if it is an opinion.

See also my "Godfather is a bad movie" example from some other thread.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 12:26 AM   #28
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Wink Re: Borderlands Developer: "PC version DESTROYS console verion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago View Post
"The Gearbox boss then tried to choose between PCs and consoles: "Itís tough. Itís very tough, Iíll tell ya. On one level I do like sitting on my couch with the surround sound and the wireless controller, on the other level I mean you will not get a better-looking image than in the PC version of the game."

I wish this mentality would go away - it is just as easy to buy a wireless 360 controller and play a PC game on a couch. My PC is hooked up to my HDTV and I am reclining in my Lazy-Boy chair as I type this, in fact.

As am I, dude! AND, my audigy is hooked into my Denon 1909 receiver, so I also enjoy 5.1 surround.
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote