Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-17-09, 03:09 PM   #157
Destroy

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvere View Post
Apart from a nice port there's really nothing to see here. The game seems like it's a boring beat 'em up with next to no variety in combat nor environments. Controls consist of pressing two buttons in combat and there's absolutely no interaction with the environment. Add to that a complete linearity and you got a ****ty game. I'll be passing on this one, thanks.

Well, at least it looks ok and runs well. But I'll be spending my time and money elsewhere. The only way I would see myself playing this would be if I were a Batman fan, which I'm not.
I feel the same. The game just oozes potential but instead is very simplistic and ADD'ish. It's the same old dumbed down disease that gear towards main stream. Everything is so damn easy to do and is done for you.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 03:26 PM   #158
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I found the demo awesome and have played through it a ton of times. I can easily see myself completing the game a few times. Can't wait for the 25th.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 03:52 PM   #159
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I feel the same. The game just oozes potential but instead is very simplistic and ADD'ish. It's the same old dumbed down disease that gear towards main stream. Everything is so damn easy to do and is done for you.
So you played the whole game? We played the beginning of the game... the tutorial actually and you judge teh games difficulty and depth on that? All previews said the combat was alot deeper because the enemies get harder, and also later on you must solve puzzles which were completly missing from the demo.

But then again, who would agree with your taste in games. Your choice in games is just bad(Baja? FUEL?)...
Old 08-17-09, 05:01 PM   #160
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So you played the whole game? We played the beginning of the game... the tutorial actually and you judge teh games difficulty and depth on that? All previews said the combat was alot deeper because the enemies get harder, and also later on you must solve puzzles which were completly missing from the demo.

But then again, who would agree with your taste in games. Your choice in games is just bad(Baja? FUEL?)...
he didn't even finish the demo, there is a video at the end of demo, that you can't skip. It shows other things in the game that are not in demo.

Plus I have to agree, his taste in games is quite bad, Fuel could have been an ok game, to bad they released it in beta phase.
Old 08-17-09, 05:33 PM   #161
Destroy

Quote:

Like it or not, demos are representation of the full, period.

Find me better offroad, open world racers and I'll be happy play those instead.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 08-17-09, 06:21 PM   #162
|MaguS|

Quote:
Like it or not, demos are representation of the full, period.

Find me better offroad, open world racers and I'll be happy play those instead.
No Demo's are not a full representation of a game. They can be used for performance analysis but never for the games content because developers often cut content for demos. The Batman Demo did nothing more then focus on the combat, the game will have an adventure and exploring aspect aswell (why do you think theres a batcave in it).

There are plenty of demo's that lack content of a full game, How often do we get MP Only demos that lack any SP content? or the opposite...

So because there are not many open world racers means you have to play garbage games? wow... guess what, I love JRPGs but because there aren't many good ones released recently doesn't mean im going to play the ****ty ones...
Old 08-17-09, 08:07 PM   #163
Destroy

So they put out console demos so you can check performance? Wow, you are way out there. Of course a demo isn't going to show you all the content. Justify it all you want, but the vast majority demos are representative of the full versions and made to sell the product.

Your choice to not play anything, I'd rather try and enjoy a mediocre game of a genre for what it is than play nothing at all.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 08-17-09, 08:40 PM   #164
|MaguS|

Quote:
So they put out console demos so you can check performance? Wow, you are way out there. Of course a demo isn't going to show you all the content. Justify it all you want, but the vast majority demos are representative of the full versions and made to sell the product.

Your choice to not play anything, I'd rather try and enjoy a mediocre game of a genre for what it is than play nothing at all.
I rather play other games then play a ****ty one.

I also don't get your first sentence. Are you saying the Batman demo is a console demo? The game has alot of settings and customization exclusive to the pc, hell they added physx... They put out the demo so gamers can try out a portion of the game but to say that's all it will offer is stupid.

Old 08-17-09, 09:02 PM   #165
Destroy

Quote:
I rather play other games then play a ****ty one.

I also don't get your first sentence. Are you saying the Batman demo is a console demo? The game has alot of settings and customization exclusive to the pc, hell they added physx... They put out the demo so gamers can try out a portion of the game but to say that's all it will offer is stupid.
I'm saying a demo is to show the product on its relative platform. Insuring good demo performance on consoles is not usually an issue or very viable reason for making the demo.
Yup, stupid indeed, which is why I never said that.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
Old 08-17-09, 09:53 PM   #166
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Everything is so damn easy to do and is done for you.
Why is that necessarily a bad thing? This was only a demo and I'm sure the game will get a bit more challenging. But on the "damn easy" thing. I don't determine how well I like a game just because it's hard or easy. I've played some that were so hard (frustrating is probably a better word) that I ended up not liking them much. Played others that were hard and liked them. Played easy ones (like FEAR Project Origin for example or Mirror's Edge or COJ2) and liked them and played easy ones that I didn't like (Far Cry 2 for example). Point is, for me easy or hard is not always good or bad. It's how fun (atmosphere, dialog, flow, characters, etc) the game is to play that counts.

The demo was fun for me (there was enough there I liked and not enough to dislike). Good enough for me to buy it when it gets here. For some it wasn't and they won't. Tis the way it is with all games.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-09, 11:39 PM   #167
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Some genres I like complexity and depth and find that "fun"... but a beat 'em up? Those have always been button mashers. This one actualyl has a LOT more going on, from the look of things, than most games in this genre.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 06:43 AM   #168
K007

seems like the xbox version is already out...well its being yarred that is...:/
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote