Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-09, 11:17 AM   #181
FearMeAll
 
FearMeAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 827
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Exact same thing happens to me barood. If you really want to FPS to tank start breaking tile with your baterang and it will keep dropping. I wish the physx thing worked better than it does. For the FPS drop honestly I'm not impressed. The framerate hit feels unjustified and really takes away from the immersion it is supposed to add. This is with 280gtx sli. Just abysmal.
__________________
Consoles: Xbox Elite with HDDVD drive and PS3.
Screen:
Panasonic AX200U Widescreen Projector (1280x720), 160" HighPower Screen, AND A BIG COUCH.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 11:39 AM   #182
barood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 74
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMeAll View Post
Exact same thing happens to me barood. If you really want to FPS to tank start breaking tile with your baterang and it will keep dropping. I wish the physx thing worked better than it does. For the FPS drop honestly I'm not impressed. The framerate hit feels unjustified and really takes away from the immersion it is supposed to add. This is with 280gtx sli. Just abysmal.

watch this from 1:50 in the time line

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vINH6Z9kqgI#t=110

wondering what rig do he have ??

thanx anyway
__________________
Intel core i7 2600k @ 4.8 GHz
8 GB DDR3 2000MHz RAM
2X GTX 570 SLI
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
barood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 01:10 PM   #183
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

all fine here

__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 01:15 PM   #184
barood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 74
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

what do you think my problem is nekrosoft13 ??
__________________
Intel core i7 2600k @ 4.8 GHz
8 GB DDR3 2000MHz RAM
2X GTX 570 SLI
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
barood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 01:20 PM   #185
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

only difference i see between our PCs is:

my i7 is clocked at 3.8ghz
6gb triple channel ram
win7 64bit

have you tried the new 190.62 driver? that is what i'm using right now. Plus 190.62 is bundled with latest physx software 9.09.0814. This version of physx has specific bug fixes for batman.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 01:43 PM   #186
barood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 74
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
only difference i see between our PCs is:

my i7 is clocked at 3.8ghz
6gb triple channel ram
win7 64bit

have you tried the new 190.62 driver? that is what i'm using right now. Plus 190.62 is bundled with latest physx software 9.09.0814. This version of physx has specific bug fixes for batman.
yess I tried the new driver

your Pc is better but the diference between the performance it much much more
60 vs 15 and less than 10 if I did what like your screenshot
__________________
Intel core i7 2600k @ 4.8 GHz
8 GB DDR3 2000MHz RAM
2X GTX 570 SLI
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
barood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 07:43 PM   #187
fella1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barood View Post
yess I tried the new driver

your Pc is better but the diference between the performance it much much more
60 vs 15 and less than 10 if I did what like your screenshot
I have the exact same problem that you do. I tried reinstalling drivers and nothing fixed it. I have the following:

Core Duo E8500 @stock 3.16 ghz
4 gigs ram
vista 32
GTX 285 sli (I had one 285 when I first played the demo and just upgraded to sli yesterday and the problem is still there)

The rest of the demo plays fine but the tile area drops down into a slide show. I tried installing a 8800GT card for physx and it didn't help any either. There has got to be something in our system causing this.
fella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 08:00 PM   #188
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

The guys with the problem are using Vista. Nekro is using 7.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-09, 08:01 PM   #189
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

well you both have vista 32bit, so that someting you both have in common.

i tried the demo on both vista 64bit and 7 64bit, and no issue.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 08:10 PM   #190
fella1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Hmm, I wonder if that could have something to do with it? Hopefully some other people still using vista 32 will chime in with their experience. I've got Windows 7 preordered but I still hadn't decided if I was going to stick with 32 bit or move on to 64bit. Are there many compatibility problems with 64 bit windows and older games? By older I just mean stuff like Titans Quest or Oblivion, not really old stuff.
fella1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 08:14 PM   #191
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

those two that you mentioned worked perfectly fine

only recent game that won't work is scarface, they used some weird directx rendering mode that simply won't work on anything past xp.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 08:14 PM   #192
Fantosio
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 23
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella1 View Post
Hmm, I wonder if that could have something to do with it? Hopefully some other people still using vista 32 will chime in with their experience. I've got Windows 7 preordered but I still hadn't decided if I was going to stick with 32 bit or move on to 64bit. Are there many compatibility problems with 64 bit windows and older games? By older I just mean stuff like Titans Quest or Oblivion, not really old stuff.
Im on Vista 64 myself and have had no compatability issues with Titans Quest or Oblivion or any other older game for that matter.

Also the Batman demo runs great for me with physx turned on. Im running 1920X1200 with Normal physx and 4XAA.

Q9550@4ghz
GTX 275 760core 1600shader 2600mem
4gbs DDR2@1000mhz 5 5 5 15
Fantosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.