Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-14-09, 09:36 AM   #73
Lfctony

Default Re: Darkest of Days Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
If only there were some sort of program you could download that would allow you to run a portion of the game to make up your own mind.
Mate, I've seen a couple of clips, but given that they didn't really appeal to me, I'd thought I'd ask around for some feedback before I wasted a gig of bandwidth on the demo...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 02:36 PM   #74
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Mate, I've seen a couple of clips, but given that they didn't really appeal to me, I'd thought I'd ask around for some feedback before I wasted a gig of bandwidth on the demo...
I liked it.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 03:31 AM   #75
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Finally played the demo... I really liked it.

Some of the visuals looked great, some parts looked a bit on the budget title side, but all in all I thought it looked good... the open areas and good textures made it feel like a PC game as well.

I found the controls to be perfect... I put the reticule on single-dot and my shots always went where I put them. The game seemed PC focused to me, not a lot of consolizing or whatever we call it...

The concept is just great and getting that rifle felt freaking badass. The did it right, if you ask me.

Can't wait for the full game!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 09:10 AM   #76
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:

Some of the visuals looked great, some parts looked a bit on the budget title side, but all in all I thought it looked good... the open areas and good textures made it feel like a PC game as well.

I found the controls to be perfect... I put the reticule on single-dot and my shots always went where I put them. The game seemed PC focused to me, not a lot of consolizing or whatever we call it...

The concept is just great and getting that rifle felt freaking badass. The did it right, if you ask me.

Agree 100%, I think this will be a fun game. So the graphics aren't Crysis? Big f'n deal - not every game has to be. To take a machine gun back into the 1800s and lay down some smack is just awesome! Why hasnt anyone thought of this before??

I find some games are just fun while others feel more like a tech demo. This game will be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 09:11 AM   #77
|MaguS|

Dam well if NarcissistZero likes it I guess I should give it a try...
Old 08-15-09, 10:46 AM   #78
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Dam well if NarcissistZero likes it I guess I should give it a try...
I like a lot of stuff most others don't...

Timeshift and Just Cause spring to mind.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 08-15-09, 10:52 AM   #79
|MaguS|

Oh, I thougth just cause sucked...
Old 08-15-09, 11:42 AM   #80
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I just finished it. The mouse look feels like a console port, framerate was pretty much in the 20 - 30s for me at all times. Overall i still think its a decent game. Just not quite what i expected.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-09, 01:09 PM   #81
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

How does the mouse feel like a console port?

Old 08-15-09, 02:33 PM   #82
Kaguya

Quote:

From what I understand it was a PC game exclusive originally, but the developers ran out of money or could only get a publishing deal if they made a console port as well... (just commenting on your PC focused comment as well as replying to people who say it plays like a port).

I enjoyed the gameplay for the most part, though I do hope the final uses modern weapons in a very 'limited' function as I'd rather partake of the old battles the right way; that's why i want to travel in time. Not so I can waste confederates with a sub machine gun.
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-09, 03:43 PM   #83
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Well it seems like they are going for both... you have to use period weapons most of the time, but then you will get to use modern stuff at times.

As for controls, I found the game refreshingly PC focused compared to other recent games... I am also playing Bound in Blood and I have this large circle thing that turns red on an enemy and it just feels clumsy and unnecessary... in this game I had a dot and my shots went where I wanted.

Old 08-15-09, 04:20 PM   #84
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
From what I understand it was a PC game exclusive originally, but the developers ran out of money or could only get a publishing deal if they made a console port as well... (just commenting on your PC focused comment as well as replying to people who say it plays like a port).

I enjoyed the gameplay for the most part, though I do hope the final uses modern weapons in a very 'limited' function as I'd rather partake of the old battles the right way; that's why i want to travel in time. Not so I can waste confederates with a sub machine gun.
You can trade weapons at anytime so I'd imagine once you kill a few of the AI you can just grab their period weapons and have at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote