Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-27-09, 06:09 PM   #289
doom3ed_player

Default Re: Official Wolfenstein Feedback Thread

o my gwad, another "same old shi' " FPS ...
too bad to consume bandwith for game i will not play for long , and only for benchmark my gpu .
doom3ed_player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 01:16 AM   #290
OrangeBlast

strange, now when I try to load the game up, the whole scree flickers like a strobe light...I'm going to have a seizure.

what could be causing this? I didn't change anything...no driver settings...no drivers. It just started doing it out of pure randomness...what gives??
OrangeBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 12:50 PM   #291
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Beat the game today, abrupt ending but i kind thought the end cutscene was funny (You know which part im talking about )
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 07:12 PM   #292
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Dont understand why so many people bash it on youtube gameplay vids.......Most people on here seem to enjoy it.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 10:11 PM   #293
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Just got game today.

All in all good game fun gameplay but bots seem about the same as the ones from the RTCW. AI seems good but have that same stature to them standing around and shooting you while other battles are going on.

I enjoy games like this cuz them feel like Quake not that goofy one from 05 but the real quake.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 08-28-09, 11:26 PM   #294
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Definitely gets better, the first hour was awful. Once you get the empower power and the better weapons it becomes almost a different game, heavy action, lots of killing, more sci-fi, less blandness. The castle was pretty cool level, much more like it.
Old 08-29-09, 02:04 AM   #295
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Dont understand why so many people bash it on youtube gameplay vids.......Most people on here seem to enjoy it.
+1

Becouse its a rare game nowadays. Its fun and have great gameplay. Nive graphics and low system requiments.
one of my favourite games recently
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 07:45 PM   #296
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Just finished it, the last boss battle was far too long to be enjoyable (how many times do you have to finish a damn guy?) so that left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. The castle was the best level in the game I thought although a few around that level were decent. It started getting better after the first underground level due to the weapons / powers they give you.

I didn't particularly like the backtracking nature of the first 1/3rd going to get quests and such. It was a bit like Thief: DS in that regard with a town but it didn't sit right with me. I played it on Bring it On which I felt was about a good difficulty, on normal it was just far too easy.

SPOILER highlight to read
----
That caroline becker chick was the only NPC that I even slightly cared about, and when she just died after I was trying to rescue her I felt kinda disappointed. The jetpack nazis were lame, especially on the zeppelin. The final battle with the bald guy was too long, removing each of his powers was almost long enough, then going down below and coming back up again...ugh too much.

---

I've only tried a bit of mp but my first impressions were that it was crap, I will go back and try the other classes and maps but I don't think I will like it too much.

Old 08-29-09, 07:54 PM   #297
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Some of the battles were irritating to me too. It wasn't as much the battles as it was the lack of a quick save so I could go back to where I wanted to. With most PC games being from ports these days, the quick save seems to be going by the wayside.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 08:41 PM   #298
lee63
Classified

I must admit....I dislike everything about this game.

Bring on the next fps.
Old 08-29-09, 09:43 PM   #299
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Some of the battles were irritating to me too. It wasn't as much the battles as it was the lack of a quick save so I could go back to where I wanted to. With most PC games being from ports these days, the quick save seems to be going by the wayside.
Personally I prefer checkpoints over quicksaves... quicksaves almost feel like cheating in an FPS to me. They should offer both though, of course, to appeal to everyone.

The only battle or part of the game I did not enjoy was the very end boss... that was just annoying as hell. Other than that, and the first part of the game being a bit drab, I loved the whole thing.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 11:00 PM   #300
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
quicksaves almost feel like cheating in an FPS to me
That's like saying anyone who dies and has to play again is cheating. Heh heh. Everyone dies at some point in a game. If I die, let me have the option to set me back to where I died so I can try again. I just don't like the game maker deciding to make me play parts I already successfully completed again when I'm not interested in doing that. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as cheating in a single player game. It's a friggin game, people should be able to play like they want to and have fun.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote