Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-19-09, 10:30 AM   #85
HYBRID

Default Re: Official Wolfenstein Feedback Thread

Believe it or not its checkpoint. This game is a port folks look at page 2 of the manual when you open it, it has a big picture of the xbox 360 controller major fail.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 10:33 AM   #86
hapooh

It's sad, because I was really looking forward to this game, but based on people's feedback I'll be skipping it.

On a side note, Call of Juaraez 2 was a cross port, but a very good game, and Ubisoft took their time to make sure it still felt like a PC game. Why raven couldn't do this I don't know. I have very little hope for Doom 4 and Rage.. probably be full console games.....
hapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 11:10 AM   #87
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Well, Call of Juarez 2 had checkpoint saves and no AA, so I don't know what you think the difference is between the two.

Yes, Wolfenstein feels like a console developed game, as most games do. It has no AA (though it isn't jaggy at all really), it has 360 controls in the booklet, it has checkpoint saves, it has collecting sidequests.

Still, at the end of the day I think it looks pretty good most of the time and plays well... the mouse is not sluggish as someone said, it works well, and the game is fun.

If you liked Quake 4 you will like Wolfenstein. They're roughly the same thing.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 11:26 AM   #88
noko
noko

The lighting looks really well done, JakUp images looks to be AAed or at least smooth edges. Low polygon and medium quality textures take some of the look away. I am in on this one, now games that take folks 5-10 hours to go through usually takes me 20+ hours . Anyways can't wait, still looks to be alot of fun in the end.

Foxconn 780G, Athlon64 X2 5600 @ 3ghz, Mushkin 4gb DDR 800 OCZ 2x2gb , eVga 260 GTX. 17" MagAcer LCD, 120gb Vista 32
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 11:31 AM   #89
hapooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well, Call of Juarez 2 had checkpoint saves and no AA, so I don't know what you think the difference is between the two.

Yes, Wolfenstein feels like a console developed game, as most games do. It has no AA (though it isn't jaggy at all really), it has 360 controls in the booklet, it has checkpoint saves, it has collecting sidequests.

Still, at the end of the day I think it looks pretty good most of the time and plays well... the mouse is not sluggish as someone said, it works well, and the game is fun.

Call of Juarez 2 had quick save/ quick load .... though most people today don't seem to think those are meaningful.. but I do.. they were always there before....

Ubisoft did an excellent job with the dx 9 features.. COJ2 looks better then COJ1 did in DX10 mode....

Lastly, yes COJ2 didn't have AA but they did use a blur technique to give the same effect as AA.....

It seems from the feedback that Raven did very little to improve on the graphics over the 5 year Doom 3 game. At least that game had AA...
hapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 11:31 AM   #90
Ywap

Im getting a little confused by this NarcissistZero:

Quote:
Game itself seems fun though... good mouse control and fun CoD style combat.
Quote:
Im getting a little confused here because i dont think those two games has similar gameplay. Not trying to be an arse, just trying to find out if i should spend some hard earned cash on this one, but if its anything like Cod then im out.
Old 08-19-09, 11:34 AM   #91
alitayyab

Call of Juarez 2 atleast looks like a 2009 game. This one looks horrible (yes "horrible". )
It got a 7.5 for visuals (x360 review). considering that the game probably looks the same on both platforms, i'd give it a 5.0 on the pc.
Old 08-19-09, 12:09 PM   #92
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

I've been playing and it is actually pretty fun. I was able to pick up a sledgehammer and throw it at nazi's and kill them.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-09, 12:11 PM   #93
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYBRID View Post
Believe it or not its checkpoint. This game is a port folks look at page 2 of the manual when you open it, it has a big picture of the xbox 360 controller major fail.
Its a games for Windows game, XB360 controller support is a requirement.
Old 08-19-09, 12:20 PM   #94
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
Im getting a little confused by this NarcissistZero:

Im getting a little confused here because i dont think those two games has similar gameplay. Not trying to be an arse, just trying to find out if i should spend some hard earned cash on this one, but if its anything like Cod then im out.
I meant it is like Quake 4 as in singleplayer focused and avergae, not ground breaking in any way, yet fun.

They are not the same kind of shooter, at least not in Wolfenstein's early levels... I have done two levels and it plays like Call of Duty so far, more than Quake. It is more stop and pop, and lots of grenades.

With the more sci-fi enemies and such later on that might change.

And it does have some sort of AA going on, it's not jaggy except in the far distance and maybe on your iron sights... there is some kind of auto-AA going on.

And I didn't know CoJ2 had quicksaves... my bad.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 01:36 PM   #95
lee63
Classified

What a total disappointment....Ill wait til its $10.
Old 08-19-09, 01:44 PM   #96
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

It's funny this game reminded me of Quake 4 and I just went back to reinstall it. Forgot how fun it was, even as simplistic as it is. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one if it's comparable. Never even finished Quake 4!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote