Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-19-09, 05:05 PM   #25
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Cevat Yerli on the Future of Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
You can run it maxed out with 4xAA on a single GTX 260 in DX9.
bullsh!t
Old 08-19-09, 05:47 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Yes i read the thread title. I'm just merely pointing out that when Crysis 2 and probably every crisis after that is released the main focus is going to be on graphics. I find that a little funny really as the main thing that let Crysis down the most was the gameplay. Shouldn't they work on that a little more...Console owners wont find 'walking around a beach looking for the perfect screenshot' appealing at all.
Why is it that a game with great graphics is immediately attacked for being all about those graphics? Crysis offered up awesome shooter gameplay. It really makes me almost angry that Crytek has to read crap like "next time make the game fun" when they created an FPS game with large open levels, intelligent enemies and a cool suit with cinematic powers.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 06:26 PM   #27
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
bullsh!t
what res?
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 08:05 PM   #28
Retrolock
®

Quote:
Why is it that a game with great graphics is immediately attacked for being all about those graphics? Crysis offered up awesome shooter gameplay. It really makes me almost angry that Crytek has to read crap like "next time make the game fun" when they created an FPS game with large open levels, intelligent enemies and a cool suit with cinematic powers.
Probably those guys who complain about Crysis gameplay are cod fanboys and the likes. You know, those guys who like to just shoot first and ask questions later.

Old 08-19-09, 08:26 PM   #29
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
Probably those guys who complain about Crysis gameplay are cod fanboys and the likes. You know, those guys who like to just shoot first and ask questions later.
And a sentence like that just about sums up a crysis fanboi....

Quote:
Where abouts did it offer awesome shooter gameplay ?

All i got was bad bullet registration, crap story and very boring gameplay and they where hardly 'large open levels'...there were many places i wanted to get to and couldn't. As far as gameplay goes crysis was mediocre at best.

I happen to have Crysis and love the game for its graphics however it is not a game i would play through again.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 08:35 PM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
All i got was bad bullet registration, crap story and very boring gameplay and they where hardly 'large open levels'...there were many places i wanted to get to and couldn't. As far as gameplay goes crysis was mediocre at best.

I happen to have Crysis and love the game for its graphics however it is not a game i would play through again.
Well man, opinions are like assholes and all that.

I have played the game 4 times through, though I skip the admittedly poor last level. Each time I have cool new experiences all the way through. You can play it as a run and gun shooter or you can stealth and snipe your way through on Delta difficulty, which was probably one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

Crysis rocks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 09:10 PM   #31
AdamK47

Is there a video of the PC demo of Cryengine 3 mentioned in the original post?
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 10:42 PM   #32
Retrolock
®

Quote:
And a sentence like that just about sums up a crysis fanboi....
Nah, I've played more COD WAW and COD4 than Crysis... If you can see my steam profile W@W's the only game I play nowadays. I own bothCrysis and Warhead so I know what I like and don't. True, the MP doesn't sniff WAW's crotch but it's a different kind of game, not the on rails shooter like those COD's.

Everytime you play SP crysis things happen differently. MP sucks though, but I'm going to play again Crysis Wars this weekend.

And Cervat Yerli is a god.

Old 08-20-09, 08:50 AM   #33
Logical

Quote:
Well man, opinions are like assholes and all that.

I have played the game 4 times through, though I skip the admittedly poor last level. Each time I have cool new experiences all the way through. You can play it as a run and gun shooter or you can stealth and snipe your way through on Delta difficulty, which was probably one of the best gaming experiences of my life.

Crysis rocks.
Different people like different aspects of games Velvet. I simply look for gameplay values the most...IDD a lot of people like to play Crysis and have played it through more than once but unfortunately for me the game just doesnt deliver in the areas that i would like it to...except graphics.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote