Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-28-09, 12:26 PM   #109
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Speaking for myself I don't really enjoy games that much on my PC anymore. I prefer the confort of my couch and my 32" TV. I'm getting old I guess.

Other than that, I don't think it makes sense to get a beat-em-up game on the PC based on the argument that it controls better with a keyboard and mouse. Because it just doesn't, IMO. The same way that some people prefer FPS games on the PC for more accurate controls, but that actually makes sense.
FOR YOU so you won't get lost again
Old 08-28-09, 01:06 PM   #110
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
LMAO!!! Just wait till he red rings... he'll come back. They all do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 01:44 PM   #111
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Oh come on mate... I own a gaming PC as well. I still play games on it. And there's no thread for Batman in the console section...

And mailman2, there's a difference to being objective on game versions all around and being a PC fanboy to the level of Hell_of_Doom's obsession with Nvidia... I don't go around declaring the supposed "superiority" of consoles like you blatantly do about the PC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
They all do.
They? Who's they?
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 02:05 PM   #112
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Oh come on mate... I own a gaming PC as well. I still play games on it. And there's no thread for Batman in the console section...

And mailman2, there's a difference to being objective on game versions all around and being a PC fanboy to the level of Hell_of_Doom's obsession with Nvidia... I don't go around declaring the supposed "superiority" of consoles like you blatantly do about the PC...

They? Who's they?

I own a 360. I can declare PC superiority all I want!!

Quote:
Old 08-28-09, 02:08 PM   #113
Lfctony

Quote:
I can declare PC superiority all I want!!
Thanks for proving my point. I never declared superiority for any type of platform.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

Boycott Starforce...

Old 08-28-09, 02:18 PM   #114
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. I never declared superiority for any type of platform.
ok? So what? I've played many of the same games on my 360 that I have on PC - the PC is far superior. I don't need your approval or confirmation. Games on my 360 dont look nearly as good, the slow downs suck... I mean cmon its only running @ 30 FPS and even that is a struggle for a 360 in some games - sad sad fact.

Quote:
Old 08-28-09, 02:20 PM   #115
Fantosio
*BANNED*

Quote:
Also without PhysX you are just missing so much of the visuals its not even the same game. Comparing Batman on the 360 to the PC with Physx is like comparing Pacman to Ghostbusters... sure there are ghosts in both games but the whole game looks a lot different.
I think your going just a weeee bit to far with this statement.
Fantosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 04:26 PM   #116
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
That was not what was said in this thread. No mention of options, only the fact that the keyboard and mouse will be used for this game which will offer superior controls... Hence the choice of the PC version... Meh... That argument is just silly...

On the other hand, it's quite obvious the PC will be getting the better version. Graphics will be equal or definitely better if you increase the resolution and apply AA/AF. PhysX support will be present though its not really gameplay enhancing.
I don't recall anyone saying mouse and keyboard were superior for this game... I recall Mr. Hunt saying the PS3 version was better and one reason for that was the controller, which is just a stupid comment, so I told him I can of course use a 360 controller in Batman if I so choose. If someone said a mouse and keyboard is better, I missed it.

Though I will say that I prefer mouse camera control so much I usually use mouse and keyboard even in a game like this. I used mouse and keyboard for Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider, for example. Being able to whip that camera around quickly to where I want at a second's notice is quite nice, and solves the camera problems with a lot of these games.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-09, 04:48 PM   #117
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I don't recall anyone saying mouse and keyboard were superior for this game... I recall Mr. Hunt saying the PS3 version was better and one reason for that was the controller, which is just a stupid comment, so I told him I can of course use a 360 controller in Batman if I so choose. If someone said a mouse and keyboard is better, I missed it.

Though I will say that I prefer mouse camera control so much I usually use mouse and keyboard even in a game like this. I used mouse and keyboard for Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider, for example. Being able to whip that camera around quickly to where I want at a second's notice is quite nice, and solves the camera problems with a lot of these games.
I had said the mouse and keyboard was superior in this game. I played the demo on both the 360 and PC and after using each control method felt the mouse and keyboard to be a much more natural fit and easier to use.

Quote:
Old 08-28-09, 04:55 PM   #118
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Official Batman Arkham Asylum Thread

Man these combat challenges get insane sometimes .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 05:01 PM   #119
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I had said the mouse and keyboard was superior in this game. I played the demo on both the 360 and PC and after using each control method felt the mouse and keyboard to be a much more natural fit and easier to use.
Well given my time with similar games and the fact I didn't even think about plugging my controller in when I played the demo, I would probably agree.

I recognize a lot of people will play it with a controller though... and they can on PC! Wow!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 01:18 AM   #120
Lfctony

Default Re: Official Batman Arkham Asylum Thread

Anyways, I withdraw from the discussion...

Boycott Starforce...