Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-26-10, 08:25 AM   #793
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD
Default Re: Official Batman Arkham Asylum Thread

mem leak ? tsts.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 12:55 AM   #794
JasonPC

did you enable aa via the control panel or the game's menu?
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 12:08 PM   #795
Quick420

I used the in-game menu.I'll try forcing through cp again,I just updated to 258.96,maybe it'll work for me now.
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851

If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 09:35 PM   #796
Naturalist

I just finished reading through this whole thread (I'm unemployed and I have no friends). Only two assh...posters didn't like the game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamove View Post
i mean what is so amazing about this game? batman? are 13 years old? or from USA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
Just completed game......very disappointed with the whole experience and I should have trusted my instincts and not got the game

Don't get me wrong, there is fun to be had and i did have fun for a while but as a whole the game came across to me just above average......mmmmnot happy at all
I recall only two posters who thought the game was good, but not amazing. Everyone else (including myself), thought the game was amazing. This must be a record on nV News. I've never seen a thread on here in which an overwhelming majority of the posters thought the game in discussion was great.

I say we track down adamove and JaylumX, show up to their places wearing batsuits, and beat the **** out of them using only moves from Arkham Asylum.

My only complaints:

- There should be an option that can be toggled during gameplay that allows Batman to be controlled with freelook (like Hitman). This also makes the game look more natural because you can control the character more fluidly (face characters straight on who are talking to you). Turning in swift 45 degree movements obviously looks very unnatural in general.

- Batman should have more freedom regarding movement. A lot of movement was caused by just holding down the action key and running. In other words, too much automation.

- combat could also have more freedom of control. Control like a game such as Street Fighter, but not nearly as extensive.

- The voice actor for the Riddler was a "good" voice actor (inflection, emotion, etc.), but he has a poor sounding voice for the Riddler. His voice sounded like an average guy who works at a game shop.

- The hand-to-hand combat with the thugs was too easy. I understand Batman is a machine and he is very fast, but the thugs should smash you in the back of the head and from the sides when you are engaging only one of them (just like thugs (aka cowards) do in real life). It happens so fast, and it's not real fresh in my memory, but it always seemed like they moved in close and then just stand there, throw one punch, and not really engage you, and then wait for you to face them. Maybe they are just not doing that much damage, so it appears like they aren't doing much? I don't think so. I'm playing on normal. I'll have to put it on hard and analyze more closely. I'm not that far into the game, so I don't know if they get harder. ***(I decided to load it up and try it on hard. They still lack forward aggression. They punch but don't move forward much. Usually thugs throw everything from all direction when they try to gang beat someone. That's the point of gang beating someone. Fists and feet coming from all directions at the same time is a cheap way to win.)

- the thugs should also come in a variety of sizes and personalities and behaviors. They almost all look the same minus skin color. Some should be big, relentless brutes, some should cheap shot you and step back, throw pipes at you, etc. They should have latinos with switchblades, a big muscle dude who charges, etc. You know, prison stereotypes. Be cool to counter a latino with a switchblade by disarming him, only to have another thug pick up the switchblade and come at you while you're finishing the latino off.

- Ragdolls need improvement.

- The cutscenes show the game engine is capable of even better graphics (lighting looks better), but not so much better as to suggest that current PCs couldn't handle it. Based on users reporting that the game runs well, there could have been more options to increase the graphics for PC gamers. Not sure how much the game's graphics can be improved with ini tweaks.

- ability to remove the "what button to push" indicators. e.g. when there is a spot to grapple it shows circle reticule with an "F" beside it indicating to press f on the keyboard to grapple. It should just have particular reticules for particular actions.

I think there may be a few more things I don't like about the game, but I can't think of any more at this time. The game is so good it's hard to think up many flaws.

P.S. If I had only one move to use on adamove and JaylumX, it would be the "hang from Gargoyle" move, except I would tie them at the waste, and leave them there long enough before I cut them down that their legs and ***** would have to be amputated. What Batman move would you guys use on these sobs?
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 11:19 PM   #797
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

I thought this was the Arkham City thread at first, but then I realized it's a mini-thread resurrection.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-10, 02:35 AM   #798
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

so how do you do the takedown to score muchos points? I just mash the left mouse button, and right button when it says to do it to block. Also, what does it mean when the henchmen have the lightning bolt round their head?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-10, 01:30 PM   #799
bob saget

any idea how to get the riddler trophy in the decontamination room that is behind the electrified wall with the ladder in it going up to the trophy? The room where you "save" the first bad guy.
Old 10-24-10, 01:54 PM   #800
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
so how do you do the takedown to score muchos points? I just mash the left mouse button, and right button when it says to do it to block. Also, what does it mean when the henchmen have the lightning bolt round their head?
It means their about to attack

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-10, 03:37 PM   #801
bob saget

i think it's better to turn and strike people about to attack you than just block them, because right mouse button doesn't always work to block. Still can't get over 5k points in the first fighting challenge thing.
Old 10-27-10, 02:41 PM   #802
bob saget

i thought my video card died at the beginning of one of the boss fights you should know which one talking about
Old 10-27-10, 05:41 PM   #803
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

yeah the scarecrow part got me thinking the same thing

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 05:44 PM   #804
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i thought my video card died at the beginning of one of the boss fights you should know which one talking about
Yup.

That was pure genius.