Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-09, 11:08 PM   #1
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Default Gran Turismo 5 official info

Some may or may not know this. Special note at the bottom.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...res-announced/

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Just released via Polyphony Digital’s website. Thanks to Black Chamber for the complete translation!

August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany:
Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design:

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube upload support

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved
user interface
Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums
The
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

User Interface
The
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track
the movement of ****pit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)
A rumored PS3 slim/GT5 bundle
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...3-slim-bundle/

Quote:
While speaking with a source close to Sony, we have received word that Sony is not only prepping Gran Turismo 5 for the holiday season, but it will be bundled with a 250GB PS3 slim for the price of $399. Along with Gran Turismo 5 and the 250GB PS3, we’ve been told to expect a voucher to some type of downloadable game, to help introduce new PS3 owners to the PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Network. Though as to which downloadable game is to be included is still up in the air.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 11:11 PM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Gran Turismo 5 official info

single game that might make me buy PS3. But so far not impressed with n Turismo 5 Prologue.
Old 08-27-09, 12:10 AM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

It's funny how this series was THE stuff not long ago, but now if you read reactions to this game it's mostly "sucks, Forza is better har har"...

How the mighty have fallen, and all because they launched too expensive and a year late.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 12:35 AM   #4
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

only thing i like about GT is number of cars. But in all previous games it was mostly asian cars with 10+ versions of the same asian car.
Old 08-27-09, 01:21 AM   #5
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
It's funny how this series was THE stuff not long ago, but now if you read reactions to this game it's mostly "sucks, Forza is better har har"...

How the mighty have fallen, and all because they launched too expensive and a year late.
Eh... I don't think it is that. I think people these days are too recent minded. Some random game comes out and is decent and it is dubbed the best game EVAR by some people.

Once GT5 comes out it will be sitting on top again easily.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 02:01 AM   #6
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Eh... I don't think it is that. I think people these days are too recent minded. Some random game comes out and is decent and it is dubbed the best game EVAR by some people.

Once GT5 comes out it will be sitting on top again easily.
I don't think so, at least not in america... Sony has gained some ground here, but for the most part hardcore gaming this generation means 360 gaming, and people like to talk about the games they can play and downplay the games they can't. It goes from PS3 to PC to whatever other platform is not in style.

I am sure GT5 will be like Killzone 2, Little Big Planet or Infamous... a lot of hype and relatively weak sales. Forza on the other hand will sell a ton and be praised.

You can already see this happening in gaming blogs... the writers are hyping Forza and acting mellow on GT. These writers know that stroking the popular console gives them the larget fanbase, it's why so many gaming news sites ignore the PC almost completely.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 08-27-09, 02:34 AM   #7
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
I don't think so, at least not in america... Sony has gained some ground here, but for the most part hardcore gaming this generation means 360 gaming, and people like to talk about the games they can play and downplay the games they can't. It goes from PS3 to PC to whatever other platform is not in style.

I am sure GT5 will be like Killzone 2, Little Big Planet or Infamous... a lot of hype and relatively weak sales. Forza on the other hand will sell a ton and be praised.

You can already see this happening in gaming blogs... the writers are hyping Forza and acting mellow on GT. These writers know that stroking the popular console gives them the larget fanbase, it's why so many gaming news sites ignore the PC almost completely.
Are you kidding? Have you seen how many people have bought GT5 PROLOGUE alone? The GT series is still very popular. People just want to downplay it because a new one hasn't come in years.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 02:42 AM   #8
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

I might buy it just because I like to show off my PS3 to my friends.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-09, 03:38 AM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Are you kidding? Have you seen how many people have bought GT5 PROLOGUE alone? The GT series is still very popular. People just want to downplay it because a new one hasn't come in years.
What did Prologue sell compared to Forza on the 360?

In any event, you ignored the core issue... the lead system this gen software wise is the 360, and nothing is ever going to change that. That means Forza is the more anticipated game.

Old 08-27-09, 05:32 AM   #10
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
What did Prologue sell compared to Forza on the 360?

In any event, you ignored the core issue... the lead system this gen software wise is the 360, and nothing is ever going to change that. That means Forza is the more anticipated game.
I think not. 4 million copies of a prologue to the full game? When did you see a crippled game\demo sell this much? It is true that Forza is giving GT a fight, but GT is an icon much more than a game.
Old 08-27-09, 05:54 AM   #11
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

According to VGChartz, GT5:P sold 3.09 million copies. Forza 2 sold 4 million copies.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 07:02 AM   #12
jlippo

Headtracking sounds great, might actually have to buy eyetoy for GT5 alone.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote